spiderman87 is offline Junior Member

Injection Question

So tonight while taking an injection I did everything normal. Everything clean like always. Injected in right glute....aspirated and was clear but right when I stopped a drop of red came in...aspirated again and more so I pulled out. Blood ran down my ass cheek cleaned it up of course...figures I may have nicked a vein or something??????

So I removed the needle and placed a clean one on. But, wasn't sure if the blood contaminated the oil so...better safe than sorry I discarded it and started over. 2nd injection went perfectly.

My question is....I've never hit a vein on the glute. I have in delt but never glute?
    Also, did I do the right thing and waste the oil and start over?

Thanks guys

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blood doesn't contaminate. No need to throw your gear out next time.

Good move to change needles. Safety first.

Sometimes you get blood. No way around it and there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks bro!

F'in pissed me off to throw it out. But wasn't 100% sure but, now I know.
    Thanks!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman87 View Post
    Thanks bro!

F'in pissed me off to throw it out. But wasn't 100% sure but, now I know.
    Thanks!
    No problem. Always ask questions whenever something unusual happens. Whatever issue you have, it has happened to a hundred other guys here.

drake4243 is offline Member
    Just like vegas said. 100% correct. Happans to everyone from time to time.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    I get blood quite often when I remove needle. Basically everytime lol

I get blood often also, just not when I aspirate . Def not the amount I had.
    It was enough to run to my leg before I could put the needle down.

Staying clean and away from abscess is my biggest thing lol

AlinSR is offline new member
    Yep, don't ever waste oil, unless maybe you spill it on a dirty surface.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    AS was said, you blood and the oil going into your body and your blood. Can't contaminate , not sensible. Never through out as was said. I been doing this for years. WE talk about this all the time. I don't aspirate . I won't belabor it anymore the reason. Almost 1/2 the time a little blood follows the needle out. the needle provides a channel for the blood from broken capillaries to run out. If you nick a vein it might bleed more, NO PROBLEM.
    …crazy mike
    “Oldest Juicer on the Forum”

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Injection site abscess and PIP , 101.
    An abscess is an infection most commonly with pus pocket and blood. Very bad and you will need to see the doc for antibiotics. Dangerous, the site will get warm to hot.
    PIP is caused by needle trauma and the concentration of the compound irritating the tissue. Some oil accumulation will cause pain. Additives in the compounds will irritate you. Some swelling from constant trauma to the tissues will cause some swelling , hence pain and lump.
    Tensing, flexing, squeezing the muscle when pinning it will tear more fibers and cause undue pain. So there is some info to help ease your mind. ...crazy mike

leeatkin is offline Junior Member
    Hi crazy mike sorry to jump in.im no stranger to pinning but I pinned twice in glute in a 1 week.iv never had an issue thats gone on longer than a couple of days but im getting those symptoms/ red hot sore as fuxk.im struggling bending my leg altogether iv had ice on it yesterday it felt great but imvof to work and no im going to struggle.my pins etc is clean im just hoping its the gear along with the second pin.ur thoughts would b apprishiated. Im trying to keep docs a bay as this will cause problems in other ereas but needs must I no .cheers lee

Thread Information