Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pittsburgh412
  • 3 Post By Metalject
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk

Thread: The Mental Effects of Juicing

Pittsburgh412 is offline Banned

The Mental Effects of Juicing

Are all the things about paranoia , extreme mood swings , and depression true? I know roid rage is bullshit

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes. Hormones and your neuroendocrine system regulate a number of important functions in your body including, but not limited to: sleep, mood, appetite, memory, attention, immunity, digestion, growth, libido, etc. Drastic changes in any hormones can affect mood just as readily as any of the aforementioned processes.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    Yes. Hormones and your neuroendocrine system regulate a number of important functions in your body including, but not limited to: sleep, mood, appetite, memory, attention, immunity, digestion, growth, libido, etc. Drastic changes in any hormones can affect mood just as readily as any of the aforementioned processes.
    I've been up all night, constantly wanting to jerkoff, I have had ADHD (ADD but worse) but I seem to be increasingly irritable to where I'm even noticing it

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh412

I've been up all night, constantly wanting to jerkoff, I have had ADHD (ADD but worse) but I seem to be increasingly irritable to where I'm even noticing it
    Most of what you describe could be attributed to changes in any number of hormones but there certainly are other contributing factors such as environmental, social, or psychological stressors. I don't want to leave anyone with the impression that hormones alone are the only drivers affecting the functions I referenced, but they certainly do play an important role.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Steriods are no joke my friend, it's not like smoking a dubbie, you can potential wack out your bodies normal stable hormone lvs and it can take a long time getting them back to their natural state.

whiteboyy09 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh412 View Post
    Are all the things about paranoia , extreme mood swings , and depression true? I know roid rage is bullshit
    watch the documentary bigger stronger faster

Quote Originally Posted by whiteboyy09

watch the documentary bigger stronger faster
    Is it on netflix?

Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    You can watch it on youtube.

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    It's hosted on google for free. Just search for 'bigger, stronger, faster streaming' using google.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP806
    It's hosted on google for free. Just search for 'bigger, stronger, faster streaming' using google.
    I watched it, it was good
    Java Man likes this.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is no evidence or data to support that anabolic steroids can alter mental function in any way. They do not have a direct affect on the brain like narcotics. In fact, to classify any substance as a Schedule III drug, by law it must do these things. The lack of evidence has been repeatedly ignored by congress as recent as the new 2004 bill. The Archives of General Psychiatry, The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism and the National Center for Biotechnology Information have all done studies relaying that the use of anabolic steroids have no psychological effects and that if they do they are so small they cannot be measured.

All fo that said there are other things to consider but that's the above is the most important factor and one that's often ignored.
    Last edited by Metalject; 06-16-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    austinite, Java Man and Jayprice like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    This is my .02 on sauce use.

There are different ways to use juice. The lighter you go, the milder the effects on everything including your mental state.

I have been through the ringer recently while running a very heavy Tren cycle. It was no joke, I felt very rough. And this is just a simple example.

Another way to think what it does to your mind is when you come off you will have a constant thought that you have lost the edge you had while on the sauce.

You need to focus on your mind process. Take a step back and really look at what is going on and how you are changing. And I damn near guarantee you will change mentally when you get deeper into steroid use . This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it can be.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> >
    This is my .02 on sauce use.

There are different ways to use juice. The lighter you go, the milder the effects on everything including your mental state.

I have been through the ringer recently while running a very heavy Tren cycle. It was no joke, I felt very rough. And this is just a simple example.

Another way to think what it does to your mind is when you come off you will have a constant thought that you have lost the edge you had while on the sauce.

You need to focus on your mind process. Take a step back and really look at what is going on and how you are changing. And I damn near guarantee you will change mentally when you get deeper into steroid use. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it can be.
    I agree. Personally I feel different on cycle. I tend to have more anxiety, definitely a little more edgyness(if I let myself get that way) sometimes I feel like my brain works better even. Sounds crazy but it seems like I can at times focus better and I have more energy. Hormones definitely will affect your day to day. Like Sampson said, could be good or could be bad. Personally I try and keep my cycles on the lighter side. Slow and steady wins the race.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoe11

I agree. Personally I feel different on cycle. I tend to have more anxiety, definitely a little more edgyness(if I let myself get that way) sometimes I feel like my brain works better even. Sounds crazy but it seems like I can at times focus better and I have more energy. Hormones definitely will affect your day to day. Like Sampson said, could be good or could be bad. Personally I try and keep my cycles on the lighter side. Slow and steady wins the race.
    That really sums up exactly how I feel also.

But, I am trying my best not to stick to my current thought process "go big or go home". Beast cycles do work, my last cycle brought me to a much higher level. But, it sure did come at a cost. I still suffer from anxiety and I have been off for 3 days.

Juice is no joke, specially when ran at a heavy dose of multiple substances. Test only cycles at a "normal" dose are straight nothing compared to something like my last cycle or my next cycle.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    That really sums up exactly how I feel also.

But, I am trying my best not to stick to my current thought process "go big or go home". Beast cycles do work, my last cycle brought me to a much higher level. But, it sure did come at a cost. I still suffer from anxiety and I have been off for 3 days.

Juice is no joke, specially when ran at a heavy dose of multiple substances. Test only cycles at a "normal" dose are straight nothing compared to something like my last cycle or my next cycle.

The fact that the next cycle you have planned is in the same league as this last 'costly' one says more than anything you might say about it big cycles do have a higher maintenance cost but damn if it don't work!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject
    There is no evidence or data to support that anabolic steroids can alter mental function in any way. They do not have a direct affect on the brain like narcotics. In fact, to classify any substance as a Schedule III drug, by law it must do these things. The lack of evidence has been repeatedly ignored by congress as recent as the new 2004 bill. The Archives of General Psychiatry, The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism and the National Center for Biotechnology Information have all done studies relaying that the use of anabolic steroids have no psychological effects and that if they do they are so small they cannot be measured.

All fo that said there are other things to consider but that's the above is the most important factor and one that's often ignored.
    Not entirely correct. Studies have demonstrated that AAS abuse can reduce BDNF in the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex which correlates with depression. An effect that is reversed by chlorimipramine administration (an antidepressant).

Additionally, AAS can lower serotonin (5HT) in the hypothalamus and frontal cortex resulting in behavioral changes. This suggests that mood and behavioral effects observed during AAS use may reflect secondary hormonal or neurotransmitter changes in the cerebral cortex.

It is worth mentioning however, that many of the mood disturbances such as depression, mania and other psychiatric features are likely to be dose and duration dependent. In a study of 160 anabolic steroid users, 25% of users reported major mood syndromes--mania, hypomania, or major depression--in association with steroid use .
    Java Man likes this.

Thread Information