Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gymfu

Thread: Is this good cycling strategy?

>Donny< is offline New Member

Is this good cycling strategy?

Background:
    23 yo, did one cycle previously (580mg test e/ week with 80mg anavar ED)
    Cycle was alright, but I thought it was a bit heavy.. didn't like the elevated blood pressure/ liver values.

So now I'm thinking to do this for future cycles:

8 weeks on, 8 weeks off
    50mg Test prop ED

How far can you go with something like this without having to add other compounds or up the dosage?

Not looking for huge gains, I just wanna stay lean, muscular, fit all year round. I go trail biking 3 times a week and do cross fit type weight lifting 3 times a week.

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    23 is a bit young we recomend to be atleast 25, what are your stats? any ai or pct planned?

AlinSR is offline new member
    I think you will accomplish your goals on that amount. I like your low dose thinking.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You realize hes 23 and asked if 2 months on 2 months off is a good cyclying routine to which you said yes to?

OP at your age I would not do that. Only way I would say do it is if your going into bodybuilding or something along those lines.

If you just want to stay "lean, muscular, fit all year round" use the routine of Time on+PCT=Time off with a solid diet.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Far. I can still get gains from 600mg/wk test and I've cycled at least 8 or 9 times over the past 20 yrs. You can probably drop the oral, too. Just test is fine for your first few.

AlinSR is offline new member
    Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    You realize hes 23 and asked if 2 months on 2 months off is a good cyclying routine to which you said yes to?

OP at your age I would not do that. Only way I would say do it is if your going into bodybuilding or something along those lines.

If you just want to stay "lean, muscular, fit all year round" use the routine of Time on+PCT=Time off with a solid diet.
    Yes, I think that's a good way of doing things. There's not just one set way of taking aas. Not everyone used an anti e. I'm not prone to gyno, so I rarely use one myself. Chances are, I'm way more advance then you also.

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That plan will most likely end up on TRT. Not enough time off.

Have your researched about PCT, AI's, hcg .

I would recomend you read the stickies here, then find the thread "the young and steroids ", then read stickies in the nutrition section.

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlinshopRep View Post
    Yes, I think that's a good way of doing things. There's not just one set way of taking aas. Not everyone used an anti e. I'm not prone to gyno, so I rarely use one myself. Chances are, I'm way more advance then you also.
    Because your not prone to gyno you don't need an AI? Really?

Op, I warn you not to listen to this guy.
    Java Man likes this.

PCT would be HCG 500iu ED for 10 days and Nolva 40/40/20/20

I'll stick with 50mg prop ED, maybe increase off time to 10 or 12 weeks?

roidneedles is offline Junior Member
    IMO thats a good cycle protocal. Time off is a MUST bro so always make sure to take time off cycles that means off everything, no test. So 8 wks on and 8 wks off is perfect, not on too long and not off too long. U want ur receptors to be able to turn over while ur off and 8 wks is enough time for that. And always run a GOOD post cycle. good luck

roidneedles is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by >Donny< View Post

I dont think u would need HCG for a 8 wk test only cycle.. The nolva should be plenty for u to recover, but thats my opionin. The HCG wouldnt hurt but it also might not benefit u much.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    OP, type out your exact plan eg.

Weeks 1-8
    Weeks 9-11 or whatever
    Etc
    Etc

Otherwise nobody has a clue what you are on about.

Are you aware of the risks associated with cycling under the age of 25? And seen as nobody has asked but everyone assumes you are ready, what is your

Height
    Weight
    Bodyfat
    Time training?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by roidneedles
    IMO thats a good cycle protocal. Time off is a MUST bro so always make sure to take time off cycles that means off everything, no test. So 8 wks on and 8 wks off is perfect, not on too long and not off too long. U want ur receptors to be able to turn over while ur off and 8 wks is enough time for that. And always run a GOOD post cycle. good luck
    How do you know it's enough time? Are you suggesting 8 weeks on cycle then NOTHING for 8 weeks? Or are you just not saying 4 weeks PCT? Then what, 4 weeks off? 8 weeks off? Your post is ambiguous to say the least.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by roidneedles View Post
    I dont think u would need HCG for a 8 wk test only cycle.. The nolva should be plenty for u to recover, but thats my opionin. The HCG wouldnt hurt but it also might not benefit u much.
    Wrong. Here's why (I JUST posted this in another thread!)
    Preparation or damage control? I'd rather be prepared. HCG beginning the first day of your cycle right to the day before you start pct.

HCG mimics LH so your body is essentially fooled into thinking youre producing LH though you really aren't producing any, or very little. A proper PCT takes over where the HCG leaves off - as the HCG vacates, your clomid signals the pituitary to produce LH on its own. Since the HCG and AAS are out of your system (because you timed it according to your gear schedule and esters), they don't conflict with the natural LH/FSH being sent to your testes. Voila. Youre producing test naturally STILL because you ran HCG throughout your cycle therefore you never shut down in the first place.

The stimulus changes. The balls don't!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by >Donny< View Post

50mg per day is only 350mg/wk. Not sure if that is a typo.

Use a proper PCT.

Use hCG during your cycle, not after.

At a minimum, take 12 weeks off after an 8 week cycle with 4 week PCT. Your PCT time is NOT included in the off time. Even that could end up being pretty rough on your body.

Thread Information