Results 1 to 26 of 26
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OdinsOtherSon

Thread: Infections

  1. #1
    Twack is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    54

    Infections

    So if anyone was reading my first thread I pinned 1ml 350gm test-e on Thursday in a bad location on the top of my thigh. It was my first time ever pinning anything-so I know I F-up. Went to the Dr yesterday had a infection-started antibiotic and got a tetanus shot.
    Long story short I pinned in the correct location with all the proper sterile procedures that night. It's been 24hrs and there is no reaction a little sore but that's from a shaky hand. I checked a few other guys running same gear and they tell me it's top of the line. Since I have not had a issue with the 2nd site I'm pretty sure it was me not the gear that caused the problems.

    Are infections common? Is there anything I should watch for? Can I heat the gear in water to kill any bacteria?

  2. #2
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    No. infections are not common. Re Filter gear or trash it.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  3. #3
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,518
    You could autoclave it (pressure cooker) but do not set vial directly into the water. You want to expose it to the steam so put it on an elevated rack above the water. 20 min at 10lbs should be good.

  4. #4
    Rwy's Avatar
    Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,488
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    No. infections are not common. Re Filter gear or trash it.
    Last summer I got bad reactions from a bottle of test. I tossed it.



    OP with all this UGL gear you dont take chance. If your body reacts funny throw it out

  5. #5
    stpete is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kitchen, Gym, Kitchen....
    Posts
    13,716
    Brave man. but if you're fine now i guess it's ok. but personally, i'd get rid of it.

  6. #6
    Twack is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Brave man. but if you're fine now i guess it's ok. but personally, i'd get rid of it.
    So far no reaction at the second injection site...not due to pin again till Thurs if it stays that I will assume it was me and not the gear. If there is a reaction I will filter and auto clave with steam as described above or trash. I have contacted a few other guys running this gear and they have not had any issues.
    I want to be safe and would just trash all the vials but since it was my first pin I'm 98% sure it was bad sterile procedure on my end, since I'm getting a dr involved for a b12 injection gone bad lol I figured this would be the best time to check that theory.

    Last question: would you trash all the vials or just the one drawn from? Hate to trash 25 weeks worth.

  7. #7
    Rwy's Avatar
    Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,488
    They are amps or 10ml bottles?

  8. #8
    simpson72's Avatar
    simpson72 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    32
    [B[/B]

    Bro I m a RN, remember wash ur hand before to any procedure

    second never toch the needle with the hand .
    u can use one needle to take the oil from the vial and other to pin .

    3 if the vial has a gun top . clean it with soap.

    basic recomendations

    i have do many cycles , believeme never have get any sing of infeccion.

  9. #9
    Twack is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    54
    They are sealed 10ml vials

  10. #10
    Twack is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by simpson72 View Post
    [B[/B]

    Bro I m a RN, remember wash ur hand before to any procedure

    second never toch the needle with the hand .
    u can use one needle to take the oil from the vial and other to pin .

    3 if the vial has a gun top . clean it with soap.

    basic recomendations

    i have do many cycles , believeme never have get any sing of infeccion.
    Yea I just f-up everything the first one-was kind of a mess. To top it all off I think I even wiped the needle with the alcohol swab!!!! Dont know what was going through my head, but made sure I followed ever step on spot injections to the "T" on the second shot and have not had any issues at all its been over 48hrs.

    Keeping a close eye on it any issue and I may just give it a break.

  11. #11
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    You could autoclave it (pressure cooker) but do not set vial directly into the water. You want to expose it to the steam so put it on an elevated rack above the water. 20 min at 10lbs should be good.
    The water in a pressure cooker reaches the same temp as the steam.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    I'd autoclave ugl gear anyway. Only takes one mistake in their part. But then. I'll never go near a ugl brand again sooo. Go figure. Never had a problem myself. But ppl loooove cutting corners n the only thing that matters is the cash. Not saying all ugls are bad. But I ain't saying they're all hunky dory. You could get mixed ingredients. Contamination. Low dose or even no dose. That's why I'm steering clear. If u have a pressure cooker or autoclave. Cook em. U got nothing to lose n cut out the risk. N hitting the needle with an alcohol swab obv wouldn't give u an infection mate.
    Last edited by MajorPectorial; 06-19-2013 at 03:54 PM.

  13. #13
    simpson72's Avatar
    simpson72 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    32
    That is bro!
    Peace

  14. #14
    simpson72's Avatar
    simpson72 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Twack View Post

    Yea I just f-up everything the first one-was kind of a mess. To top it all off I think I even wiped the needle with the alcohol swab!!!! Dont know what was going through my head, but made sure I followed ever step on spot injections to the "T" on the second shot and have not had any issues at all its been over 48hrs.

    Keeping a close eye on it any issue and I may just give it a break.
    Cool!

  15. #15
    crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Micanopy/Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    5,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Twack View Post
    So far no reaction at the second injection site...not due to pin again till Thurs if it stays that I will assume it was me and not the gear. If there is a reaction I will filter and auto clave with steam as described above or trash. I have contacted a few other guys running this gear and they have not had any issues.
    I want to be safe and would just trash all the vials but since it was my first pin I'm 98% sure it was bad sterile procedure on my end, since I'm getting a dr involved for a b12 injection gone bad lol I figured this would be the best time to check that theory.

    Last question: would you trash all the vials or just the one drawn from? Hate to trash 25 weeks worth.
    No problem with second injection ?? I would not trash it. I think most probably you did something, don't know what but something wrong. Everyone else g2g and you only once. Hang on and see how it goes on another one. Why second thread on this Old mikey can't keep up. Anyway did you say this is a blend??? ...crazy mike

    I might be off on the compound . Ok I'll back seat this one now ...cm
    Last edited by crazy mike; 06-19-2013 at 04:01 PM.

  16. #16
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    The water in a pressure cooker reaches the same temp as the steam.
    Mechanism of Autoclave Sterilization

    The autoclave is like a large pressure cooker and is a physical method for disinfection and sterilization. Autoclaves work with a combination of steam, pressure and time. Autoclaving does not remove chemical contamination. Steam must be in contact with the material being sterilized to be effective. Steam is generated and pumped into the chamber raising the temperature and pressure in order to kill microorganisms. Moist heat kills more effectively than dry heat because the mass transfer of heat as steam condenses is very efficient. Therefore, if a load is contained within a bag or other enclosure, then the enclosure must not be tightly sealed (e.g., in the case of surgical instruments) or the enclosure must contain some water to ensure steam production (e.g., waste bags).
    Sterilization and Disinfection Parameters

    Use a minimum cycle time of 121-124C (250-255F), = 30 minutes,15 psi for the disinfection of medical waste. These parameters are required by the California Department of Public Health for the disinfection of medical waste. Items have to be hot enough for long enough in the presence of steam to disrupt protein structure. At 121C, or 250F, saturated steam destroys vegetative cells and endospores in a small volume (~100mL) within 10-12 min. Treatment must continue for a total of 30 minutes to provide a margin of safety. Sterilization of larger volumes will require a longer cycle time.
    Source: UC Santa Barbara, Environmental Health and Safety

  17. #17
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Source: UC Santa Barbara, Environmental Health and Safety
    None of that contradicts what I said.
    I'm on my phone, so digging up articles to link to would be a pain, but think about it: do you think the water jumps from 100 C to 121 C instantly just by changing form?

  18. #18
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    None of that contradicts what I said.
    I'm on my phone, so digging up articles to link to would be a pain, but think about it: do you think the water jumps from 100 C to 121 C instantly just by changing form?
    Yes, I understand and totally agree. You are correct; however, the temp of pressurized steam is greater than that of boiling water.
    Bio-Active likes this.

  19. #19
    Twack is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    No problem with second injection ?? I would not trash it. I think most probably you did something, don't know what but something wrong. Everyone else g2g and you only once. Hang on and see how it goes on another one. Why second thread on this Old mikey can't keep up. Anyway did you say this is a blend??? ...crazy mike

    I might be off on the compound . Ok I'll back seat this one now ...cm
    Crazy mike just trying to get used to this forum sorry...
    Not a compound...straight test-e @350mg/ml by Xtreme Meds
    Last edited by Twack; 06-19-2013 at 06:00 PM.

  20. #20
    Twack is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Yes, I understand and totally agree. You are correct; however, the temp of pressurized steam is greater than that of boiling water.
    Won't the heat damage the seal on the vials?

    So far no issue with second injection done on Mon night...hope that's a good sign.

  21. #21
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Yes, I understand and totally agree. You are correct; however, the temp of pressurized steam is greater than that of boiling water.
    Pressure and Boiling Points of Water

    Boiling water at 1 atm, yes.
    Boiling water at 2 atm is the same temp as steam at 2 atm (121 C).

  22. #22
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Pressure and Boiling Points of Water

    Boiling water at 1 atm, yes.
    Boiling water at 2 atm is the same temp as steam at 2 atm (121 C).
    I completely agree. Pressurized water will be the same temp as pressurized steam, just as boiling water at atmospheric pressure will have the same temp as steam at atmospheric pressure. I didn't mean to try to argue that...sorry for the confusion Bonaparte. The point I was trying to make is that all sterilization equipment, be it autoclave or a home pressure cooker, (specifically an autoclave)are built so that one can not place items to be sterilized directly into the water. I use an autoclave daily. The Thermo Orion brand we use is constructed in such a manner as to completely eliminate any possibility of exposing the items to be sterilized to the water. Further more, the autoclave will not hold enough water to submerge the items, only enough to generate the steam. The items to be sterilized must be placed on a tray and inserted into the device above the water for steam and pressure exposure. All home pressure cookers are supplied with an elevated rack on which to place items above the water for steam exposure. Many people choose to remove that rack, but that is not the intended use.

    Sorry again for the confusion. I didn't mean to sound as if water could be different temps just because its physical properties had changed from liquid to gas.

  23. #23
    Twack is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    54
    Wont the heat damage or melt the seals? Since I already feel like a ass getting a infection it cant hurt to ask this too. Why not just place in boiling water?

  24. #24
    crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Micanopy/Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    5,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Twack View Post
    Wont the heat damage or melt the seals? Since I already feel like a ass getting a infection it cant hurt to ask this too. Why not just place in boiling water?
    IMOP as I said. You say no problem with second injection. Then don't fix what isn't broken. Leave it alone. No fuss no bother now. Also do not be embarrassed. This is how WE ALL learn, STUPID...ha ha Haaa joking stay cool I say. ...crazy mike

  25. #25
    Twack is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    IMOP as I said. You say no problem with second injection. Then don't fix what isn't broken. Leave it alone. No fuss no bother now. Also do not be embarrassed. This is how WE ALL learn, STUPID...ha ha Haaa joking stay cool I say. ...crazy mike
    Thanks Mike, gtg so far lined from a second vial again today moving along well. I asked two other guys running same product with the same lot number for over 10 weeks and they are loving it. So I pinned delt today we will see if that holds true again no issues and I just going to keep cruising...for now.

  26. #26
    Twack is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    54
    Update guys thanks for the help...went to dr for a follow up on the infection from the first injection...All clear!! Second and third infection all good no infections clearly not bad gear just bad procedure the first pin.
    Top of thigh on second site was red and sore had a ultra sound today and found out I tore a muscle deep and it caused some bleeding nothing to do with the gear or pining tech. Pinned delt sore but only because I'm shaky still-lol I will have to work through that.

    Again that's for the help guys!!!!!!

    Going to post my next three cycle plan for review in a few.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •