david84 is offline New Member

Former college athlete, first cycle

Hi guys,

Little background on me: I just turned 30. I'm 6'1 and fluctuate between 195-205 lbs. BF% is probably in the low to mid teens. I'm a former college fullback who played at 245-250 lbs. I hovered in the 220's after playing, and in the last 2-3 years I've gotten down to my current weight. My workouts are usually light weight with high reps (due to some lingering football injuries), lots of cable work, crossfit-type workouts, sprint work, and full court basketball. I've plateaued in my weight loss/toning, after a ton of progress, and feel like I need a bump. A friend of mine recently did an 8 week, oral 50mg Winstrol cycle and cut some serious bulk. All I'm trying to do is get into the 180's and cut up a bit. I'm not really worried about strength (I used to be plenty strong enough), although some more strength would always be nice to have. I'm looking to minimize side effects, especially sexual ones, and will probably quit any AS after I reach my desired look bc I believe with my workouts and diet I'll be able to maintain. My friend did Winstrol only, along with Milk Thistle, Liver Juice, Glucosomine, and Fish Oil.

Do you have to stack something else with Winstrol to get what I'm looking for? I've seen my friend's results and he did a Win only cycle, but I've read in some places that a Win only cycle is not a good idea.

Do you need a PCT with Win? If so, are there any OTC supplements that would work?

Is 8 weeks a proper cycle length for a first cycle?

Are there any other supplements that would help with joint health/liver function/libido issues?

Would stacking with HGH be a good idea?

It's funny, bc I've been working out since I was 13, playing ball since I was 9, have a biology degree and for the first time ever I'm completely clueless about something in the gym. Any suggestions would be great. I'm looking to get started soon, so I hope to hear from the board soon.

Thanks!

D

Iron-56 is offline Associate Member
    It looks like you need to do allot of research but to steer you in the right direction, you should stick to only one compound for your first cycle. That compound should be testosterone and the type of ester would depend on how often you are willing to inject. Oral only cycles (5 or more weeks long) should never be run becuase they will cause damage to your liver enzymes. The appropriate cycle length would depend on what compounds are being used.

Money Talks is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by david84 View Post

Do you have to stack something else with Winstrol to get what I'm looking for?
    Testosterone should be the base for any cycle.

I've seen my friend's results and he did a Win only cycle, but I've read in some places that a Win only cycle is not a good idea.
    Your friend may have had good results, but imagine the results he would have seen had he used testosterone.

Do you need a PCT with Win?
    Winstrol is suppressive, so you will need a PCT.

If so, are there any OTC supplements that would work?
    OTC supplements do not work for PCT. Fortunately, almost everything you need is easily accessible as research chemicals.

Is 8 weeks a proper cycle length for a first cycle?
    Actually, since I would recommend a first cycle being test e or test cyp, 8 weeks wouldn't be long enough in my opinion for those substances. I suggest 12 weeks. I don't like orals.

Are there any other supplements that would help with joint health/liver function/libido issues?
    I use N-Acetyl Cysteine for liver health, but keep in mind that you won't have to worry about liver issues if you inject rather than taking orals.

Would stacking with HGH be a good idea?
    I personally consider HGH not worth the cost for most people.

Rather than doing an all oral cycle with a weak compound such as winstrol, why not just do a basic testosterone enanthate /cypionate cycle? Are you afraid to inject? Believe me, it is easier than you might think. You won't have to be popping pills 7 days a week, you will have better gains, you won't have to worry about your liver values.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Good reply from Money Talks, so listen up. No I don't care about your buddies. Winstrol is a low anabolic and will not give you the strength input to move on to the next level lifts. It just isn't designed for that. On your first cycle being virgin muscle tissue will will get amazing results it you diet and train correctly. I don't suggest Winstrol until a finished look is desired and that comes after you build your base. As far as a base of harder leaner muscle mass , you don't have it yet. Maybe good but Test only will build you up strong as you bulk a little while staying solid and gaining bulk mass. In my opinion you will not get the gains you want using or stacking anything least to mention Winstrol. I have done tons of Winstrol...crazy mike

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    agree with above. Test. If all you can get is winny tabs and youre hell bent on doing this then add hcg at 250iu 2 to 3 x's per week. It will keep your HPTA from shutting down. There's more on HCG in the sticky threads on this forum if you want the bio and physiology of how and why. Or google. Plenty of research to be found on HCG in the human male.

I wouldn't do oral only and its recommended to use only one compound so that you know how that compound reacts in your system.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    There is no purpose in doing Winstrol only. No purpose at all, IN my book. Unless certain criteria was met. That would be a cycle before, a non, no back to back. Just all this Winstrol only or even with some test on first cycle is bunk thinking. But ya know Java, it's the ones that have never cycled before that have found the way to do it just their way. ...crazzzzy mike

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    I'll take your word for it cm. You've done a lot of winny as you've said. I've never even seen it only what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    There is no purpose in doing Winstrol only. No purpose at all, IN my book. Unless certain criteria was met. That would be a cycle before, a non, no back to back. Just all this Winstrol only or even with some test on first cycle is bunk thinking. But ya know Java, it's the ones that have never cycled before that have found the way to do it just their way. ...crazzzzy mike

Lol that last part in bold. So true!!
    Last edited by Java Man; 07-05-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Thread Information