alexistheboss15 is offline Junior Member

At what % fat is it best to use AAS?

For lets say, an anavar 50mg ED + some kind of Test base at low does (200mg weekly), what would be the best fat % to start the cycle at?

I am quite high fat %, (15-17%), and recently went from 163lbs to 210bs in a matter of 10months.
    I went from 10-11% to 15-17% though in that bulk, natural ,where I was doing up to 5000calories daily.

I love the feeling of weighing so much, but am not sure at what % the AAS are most effective, any input?

PS:
    I am not going to be taking any for a while as I am 18, I just want to know out of curiosity because people always say bro-science about this stuff

LNT8799 is offline Associate Member
    A good cycle for you would be a Schwinn or a Mongoose, depending on if you want comfort or durability.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by alexistheboss15 View Post
    For lets say, an anavar 50mg ED + some kind of Test base at low does (200mg weekly), what would be the best fat % to start the cycle at?

I am quite high fat %, (15-17%), and recently went from 163lbs to 210bs in a matter of 10months.
    I went from 10-11% to 15-17% though in that bulk, natural ,where I was doing up to 5000calories daily.

I love the feeling of weighing so much, but am not sure at what % the AAS are most effective, any input?

PS:
    I am not going to be taking any for a while as I am 18, I just want to know out of curiosity because people always say bro-science about this stuff
    Have you posted up your meal plan in the nutrition forum for tweaking?

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    Come back and check in 7 yrs

in the mean time worry about your diet, your cals seem too high some of that weight probably could of been cleaner 15-17% is almost 5lbs in LBM bro 5 lbs is alot of muscle to be off by.

Get a more accurate way to test bf rather than a guess and dial in diet and learn to adjust
    Last edited by largerthannormal; 06-19-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by largerthannormal View Post
    Come back and check in 7 yrs

in the mean time worry about your diet, your cals seem too high some of that weight probably could of been cleaner 15-17% is almost 5lbs in LBM bro 5 lbs is alot of muscle to be off by.

Get a more accurate way to test bf rather than a guess and dial in diet and learn to adjust
    What is an accurate way to measure BF?
    I'm not trying to guess mine, just I went to like 5 fitness centers to measure it and they all said 13-15, but I don't have any ab definition unless I tense, and even then its just top 2.. I weigh a lot though, 210lbs for my size is a lot.
    I am tiny in terms of muscle, my lifts are:
    Squat- 315lbs
    Bench- 260lbs
    Dead- 330lbs
    I am 18 and have been working for 10months.

To be quite honest I love the idea of gaining strength quick, but know its not a good idea to do steroids , especially at my experience level, so I will wait until I am more mature, and hopefully around 20-21 I will maybe take my first cycle.

I want to be on stage at age 22-23 for Physique Pros, it is my dream to be one of the best "natural" bodybuilders in the world, or physique athletes.
    I often dream of winning a show, and I really want to one day.

DIET:
    I am ashamed of my diet, extremely low willed, I used to have an insanely bad diet, and just 1 year ago I was 27% bf at 210lbs, couldn't even lift 10lb dumbells, my strength went from:
    Bench 50lbs to 260
    Squat 70lbs to 315
    Dead 50lbs to 330
    LOL...

So yea I am quite happy with my progress, however I still on a daily basis eat buiscuits, ice creams, pizzas once a week etc, I don't live alone and everyone eats crap, really hard to keep motivated.
    I don't have any friends who lift, and am the only one, so I hope when I move to college in 2months I will find others and start concentrating.

MY GOAL:
    END 2014- 225 lbs (12% BF)
    END 2015- 240 lbs (10% BF)
    END 2016- (After 1-2cycles) 250lbs (10%)
    then maintain.

I think 240-250 range I will have a gregplitt/jeffseid/allongabbay type body.
    Last edited by alexistheboss15; 06-19-2013 at 01:25 PM.

What is an accurate way to measure BF? bodpod
    I'm not trying to guess mine, just I went to like 5 fitness centers to measure it and they all said 13-15, but I don't have any ab definition unless I tense, and even then its just top 2.. I weigh a lot though, 210lbs for my size is a lot. how tall are you, post a pic ill tell you your bf% or if they are close
    I am tiny in terms of muscle, my lifts are:
    Squat- 315lbs
    Bench- 260lbs
    Dead- 330lbs
    I am 18 and have been working for 10months. every one lifts different weight for their size, usually irrelevant in terms of quessing what you look like of bf%, example im 168 with a flat bench of 375 ( i also compete ) I normally am alot heavier but im in a 8 week cut

To be quite honest I love the idea of gaining strength quick, but know its not a good idea to do steroids , especially at my experience level, so I will wait until I am more mature, and hopefully around 20-21 I will maybe take my first cycle. This is a bad idea bro, the endocrine system in a male does not fully mature until 25, dont ruin what you have naturaly, AAS does not make you BIG, food does as you noticed

I want to be on stage at age 22-23 for Physique Pros, it is my dream to be one of the best "natural" bodybuilders in the world, or physique athletes.
    I often dream of winning a show, and I really want to one day.

DIET:
    I am ashamed of my diet, extremely low willed, I used to have an insanely bad diet, and just 1 year ago I was 27% bf at 210lbs, couldn't even lift 10lb dumbells, my strength went from:
    Bench 50lbs to 260
    Squat 70lbs to 315
    Dead 50lbs to 330
    LOL...

So yea I am quite happy with my progress, however I still on a daily basis eat buiscuits, ice creams, pizzas once a week etc, I don't live alone and everyone eats crap, really hard to keep motivated. the best body builders in the world, day in and day out weight every meal to the ounce, never drink and never screw up. It is a good goal but you have to change the ways you eat to do this
    I don't have any friends who lift, and am the only one, so I hope when I move to college in 2months I will find others and start concentrating.

MY GOAL:
    END 2014- 225 lbs (12% BF)
    END 2015- 240 lbs (10% BF)
    END 2016- (After 1-2cycles) 250lbs (10%)
    then maintain.

I think 240-250 range I will have a gregplitt/jeffseid/allongabbay type body.
    either way good progress so far.

Thank you mate, and can't take any pics, my camera is so messed up and I look terrible in pics. I can safely say I am tiny, I have no clue where the 50lbs I gained went, honestly...
    lol.
    My strength went up a lot, I am obviously still in the newbie stage and won't even think of aas until my gains slow down and my strength stops.

25 really? Are you sure? Is there any way to test if your HTPA is developed?

No, I am not sure, it can mature anywhere from 21-25, either way at the age of 25 or even 30 you natural test is high enough to make the gains you want, if you gained 50lbs in 10months there is no way you would need AAS.

Next to give you a better picture. ( I am going to assume you are higher BF than you think, I will use the high numbers just so you can see.

168 at 11% =149.5LBM
    210 at 17% = 174.3 LBM

you gained 24.8lbs of MUSCLE
    and 17.2 lbs of fat

If you learn to eat correct you can make those numbers look way better.

on the next note, i would have to question the numbers as anyone who can put on 25lbs of muscle natural in a year is tough.. This is why i suggest getting accurate bf% tested

Thank you mate, and can't take any pics, my camera is so messed up and I look terrible in pics. I can safely say I am tiny, I have no clue where the 50lbs I gained went, honestly...
    lol.
    My strength went up a lot, I am obviously still in the newbie stage and won't even think of aas until my gains slow down and my strength stops.

25 really? Are you sure? Is there any way to test if your HTPA is developed?
    ps im the tiny one...

Ah alright, you are suggesting I am higher than 17%?
    This is what happened:

13months ago - 27-29% Fat, 210lbs-215lbs weight, NO STRENGTH.
    10months ago- 10-11% Fat, 163lbs weight, LITTLE STRENGTH
    Now- 15-17% Fat, 210lbs weight, MODERATE STRENGTH.

Don't know how that happened? maybe muscle memory helped? no clue

PS:
    BTW, over winter I ate close to 5k calories, right now im at around 4k calories.
    I used to do quite a bit of Cardio, now I am doing nearly none and just training as intense as I physically can.

I also think if I can fix my diet it will make a differnece.

This is why we suggest the diet suggest, tissue loss and gain is derived from food or intake vs output, this is why you should head there, it is already appearant you react well to changes and move fast... use it to your benifit

Ah alright, you are suggesting I am higher than 17%?
    This is what happened:

13months ago - 27-29% Fat, 210lbs-215lbs weight, NO STRENGTH.
    10months ago- 10-11% Fat, 163lbs weight, LITTLE STRENGTH
    Now- 15-17% Fat, 210lbs weight, MODERATE STRENGTH.

Don't know how that happened? maybe muscle memory helped? no clue
    no I am not suggesting you are higher, I am only guessing due to the fact of your food and the short length of time in which you gained 42lbs, muscle tissue can only grow so fast.

I gained 47lbs in 10ish months, and yea, i'm thinking max 22-25lbs muscle, then 7-13lbs fat, and rest water weight?
    Those look more realistic.
    Either way, i'll head over to dieting section and make a post.

Thread Information