Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Should I go see a doctor? LONG STORY.

Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer1

Bro, that's what im talking about. Glad u posted those pics. That's is a perfect example of how to set up ur meals. Im a Chef, and I have to say well done. Not only are those meals healthy but they look so tasty!!! This is a man that's takes his training seriously and it will show.
    No worries, it doesn't really take much longer to make 8 as it does to make 1. I am sure you already know that being a chef.

Sledgehammer1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chx beach 79 View Post
    No worries, it doesn't really take much longer to make 8 as it does to make 1. I am sure you already know that being a chef.
    Absolutely. I thought it was a good visual for those that think they have no way to get in there meals at work or that they don't have enough time to make them. You cook off enough food for 3 days at a time, portion, and refridgerate till meal time.

Heres a pic of me cooking off chix breasts, NY steaks, Broc, and brown rice.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meat 2.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	141427
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should I go see a doctor? LONG STORY.-workout-food.jpg  

pnguyen is offline New Member
    Im the same age and weigh the same

Im 5"8 at 128

I honestly dont think you have depression problems. Your over thinking

I no alot of people your height and weigh less...

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Great thread and good job fellas. Koodos Chx!
    Jdavies22 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    Thanks lunk. I like helping the people that aren't arrogant and legitimately want to learn... Its the 19 year olds that think they know everything in the world that I have no patience for... Plus I started out a lot like this guy...

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Dam, Here I am again. Just behind Lunk. This is a great thread. Seem to be that quite a few of us have gained from the entire thread. I appreciate this food thing. I lack in my diet and IT SHOWS and it's getting down to holding me back more and more. It's getting better, but ya know it's not real easy when the habits and taste buds are so engrained for so many years. ...Thanks everyone....Crazy mike

Alright, Jdavies and crazy mike. I just got back from the grocery store... I am not going to post a pic of the receipt because my wife made me buy all kinds of other groceries while I was there but I will list all needed items for the meals (at least for my specific diet which I consider good

Groceries:

2x grilled chicken breast 4.5lbs total: $8.67. (Marked down slightly because of new stock) this will last me 3 days.

1 bag mixed beans: $0.67 (store brand)

1 can asparagus heads: $0.89 (store brand) I like asparagus sometimes if I feel slightly watery as it is a natural diuretic..

1 bag yellow potatoes: $1.99. (2.5 lbs, so it will last me about 3 days)

1 can pork gravy: $0.99 (store brand) I get the cheap gravy because it is only 20 calories per serving and .5 g of fat

Remember the beans and potato's will last multiple days so I will divide the price in 3. Just to be conservative

As far as the chicken breast I always buy non frozen... I also usually buy the packs on sale, because their sold by date is coming up... It doesn't matter because I usually eat them within 24-36 hours...

Also if you are bulking you just add more rice and potato's, if cutting just lower rice and potato's...

Total for 8 meals: $11.65 Total per meal: $1.46.

There really is no reason to not be able to get the proper nutrition! I know people that spend more money at Starbucks every morning!!!

I hope this helps and Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by Chx beach 79; 07-05-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Jayprice is offline Junior Member
    This is a good thread. It does make a lot of sense to cook/prepare meals for several days.

I started off skinny as crap too. In high school I wrestled 103lb weight class all four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayprice
    This is a good thread. It does make a lot of sense to cook/prepare meals for several days.

I started off skinny as crap too. In high school I wrestled 103lb weight class all four years.
    That's funny! I wrestled 105 in 8th grade and I was over 6 foot!!! (I went through puberty really young)

Sledgehammer1 is offline Junior Member
    I wrestled 138 weight class for JV(junior varsity). A few times I wrestled up 145 class to fill the spot cause we had plenty guys at 138. Once and I will never forget it, they had me wrestle 145 for Varsity when I was JV level, I got pinned in 30 sec. lol. The guy was a mamouth.

Jdavies22 is offline New Member
    Im from the uk but all that food should be around the same price in gbp anyway, just so you all know i do appreciate all the comments and advice and ill take it on board an maybe upload a new post in a couple of months for you to see any gains etc

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdavies22
    Im from the uk but all that food should be around the same price in gbp anyway, just so you all know i do appreciate all the comments and advice and ill take it on board an maybe upload a new post in a couple of months for you to see any gains etc
    UK is more expensive but it doesn't have to be much more. I'm working on your Asda diet buddy
    Jdavies22 likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

BunkerPunk is offline New Member
    If you cook it your self it's not bad... All this costs me about $11.00 US, it's 8 meals. That's less then $1.50 a meal!

Rice is super cheap, potato's are super cheap, and beans are super cheap. Chicken is so so.

Attachment 141413

Attachment 141414
    For a second I thought you broke into my house. That's almost exactly what my meal prep looks like, good stuff.

ok thanks alot mate

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Sorry bud, got a bit waylaid this week.

So, using asda's own value range where possible you can get the following

30 eggs. £3.10. 180g pro
    1kg oats. 75p. 600g carbs. 110g pro
    Chicken kg. £7.00. 220g pro
    Bran flakes 750g. 88p. 500g carbs
    Tuna 130g. 64p. 36g pro
    Milk 4 pts. £1.00. 110g carbs. 60g pro
    Brown basmati rice 1kg. £1.78. 670g carbs
    Whole wheat pasta penne 1kg. £2.00. 670g carbs
    Cottage chees 300g. 59p. 30g p. 15g carbs
    Potatoes 2.5kg. £1.20. 420g carbs

While I haven't worked out your macro's and an actual diet that's about 2500g carbs, at least 800g protein for £20 or so. The tuna is probably the best value protein so you could forgo some chicken for more tuna and cottage cheese and use oats and bran flakes as the predominant carb source for a cheaper option. Add in some frozen veggies for a couple of extra quid and you should get a more than manageable diet for <£25 a week, even without any whey supplement.
    Jdavies22 likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    If you cook it your self it's not bad... All this costs me about $11.00 US, it's 8 meals. That's less then $1.50 a meal!

Rice is super cheap, potato's are super cheap, and beans are super cheap. Chicken is so so.

Attachment 141413

Attachment 141414

Well done man. and all for around $11 bucks a day. Beautiful.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chx beach 79
    Alright, Jdavies and crazy mike. I just got back from the grocery store... I am not going to post a pic of the receipt because my wife made me buy all kinds of other groceries while I was there but I will list all needed items for the meals (at least for my specific diet which I consider good

Groceries:

2x grilled chicken breast 4.5lbs total: $8.67. (Marked down slightly because of new stock) this will last me 3 days.

1 bag mixed beans: $0.67 (store brand)

1 can asparagus heads: $0.89 (store brand) I like asparagus sometimes if I feel slightly watery as it is a natural diuretic..

1 bag yellow potatoes: $1.99. (2.5 lbs, so it will last me about 3 days)

1 can pork gravy: $0.99 (store brand) I get the cheap gravy because it is only 20 calories per serving and .5 g of fat

Remember the beans and potato's will last multiple days so I will divide the price in 3. Just to be conservative

As far as the chicken breast I always buy non frozen... I also usually buy the packs on sale, because their sold by date is coming up... It doesn't matter because I usually eat them within 24-36 hours...

Also if you are bulking you just add more rice and potato's, if cutting just lower rice and potato's...

Total for 8 meals: $11.65 Total per meal: $1.46.

There really is no reason to not be able to get the proper nutrition! I know people that spend more money at Starbucks every morning!!!

I hope this helps and Good Luck!!!
    Awesome stuff bro!

cheers for that mate, i've taken in a love for beef lately so alot of that is being added into my diet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information