First cycle, injury recovery, dosages and PCT

Hi guys!

I am gonna be starting my first cycle ever in 2 weeks. Here are my stats:

31 years old
    180 lbs
    5'10
    10 - 12% BF
    Worked out for 12 years and in pretty decent shape
    Play soccer competitively, but not tested.

I have had way too many injuries over the years and I was hoping to take care of them so that I can go back to where I was. I recently had ACL reconstruction (4 months ago), have a bad strained ligament on the ball of my foot and my hamstrings are not up to par with my quads (need to get them considerably stronger to stop pulling them every once in a while).

I am at the point where I can start working out more without going insane and wanted to do a cycle in hopes of avoiding having surgery for that strained ligament. I discussed with my source and he recommended test-400, deca , hgh and armidex. I have done my hw and my research but it is hard to get to a 100% consensus since many people say different things. I was thinking about the following:

400 mg of test/week
    4 IU of hgh (5 days on/2 off) I would start with 2 IU per day and build up to 4 IU per day
    200 mg of deca/week

I was thinking about running this for about 10 weeks and the deca in the middle and only for 6 weeks as I am doing the cycle mostly to heal my body and also to get my hamstrings to quad ratio right; if I get bigger, no problem

So, would you recommend the above for my objective. Secondly, how should I run the armidex and clomid? Should I get nolva too? What about hcg ? I just want to be on the safe side.

Hopefully someone can lend me a hand. Thanks!

Jon

itsjayman02 is offline Member
    Hi don't know where to start but I must start somewhere

First any injury needs too heal and taking AAS will put undue stress on virgin tendon and muscle so lets get that sorted first.

Decca must be run about 12 weeks minimum
    And regardless a TEST only cycle is always advised to see if your probe to sides

PCT and AI
    Please read and research you are not ready to cycle I'm afraid !!

swazte2004 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the input. My idea is not to actually start working out to get big, but to accelerate the healing process as I am doing the physical therapy. I dont really have any upper body injuries. So, I will be working out normally (upper body) and doing rehab, etc (for lower body). That being said, I am not gonna go all Jason Cuttler on my workouts.

I guess I can do deca for 12 weeks. I just want to do it for therapeutic purposes. So, I wanted to do the lowest that I can. And of course, I would stay off test if I could, but it seems like it is needed while running deca.

I spent hours trying to research here on the forum but it does get extremely confusing. Lots of information is ambiguous and sometimes even find people fighting over whose right on a thread.

What do you mean by probing to sides?

Thank you for sharing the knowledge.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    If you're re-injuring your hamstrings with some degree of regularity, you're not allowing them to heal. You really need to take some time in the easy seat at the gym and lay off of soccer for a few weeks. Nandrolone (deca ), in my personal experience, does wonders for damaged joints/tendons/muscles, but you're walking a thin line when you have injured tissue. If you're not careful, you'll damage yourself even further thanks to the strength benefits of AAS.

You'll just have to use your best discretion and intuition where cycling/training/resting are concerned with your issues. If therapeutic effect is the sole reason you're considering AAS, it's my opinion that you could get away with taking a mere TRT maintenance dose of testosterone (around 150mg per week), 400mg of nandrolone for 10 - 12 weeks in conjunction with HCG at 250iu twice a week for 10 weeks, followed with an average Nolva/Clomid PCT regimen.

MakeEveryRepCount is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsjayman02 View Post
    And regardless a TEST only cycle is always advised to see if your probe to sides
    prone*

If you run multiple compounds at the same time you won't know what's causing your sides and what steps to take to correct them.

Yes it was prone !!

And thanks for answering as I'm not able to get online as much as I'd like

Thanks guys! Really, I appreciate it... I have done more homework and have taken your advice and probably stay off deca and run test. I came across this beginner's cycle on the forum whom everyone seems to approve.

Option 2. Short Ester

Wk 1-8 Testosterone Propionate = 150mg eod.
    Wk 3-8 Anavar = 60mg/day dosed 20mg every 8 hours.
    Wk 1-8 Aromasin 12.5mg ED MIN- monitor and adjust accordingly.
    Wk 1-8 hCG = 250iu twice/wk day before test injection.

PCT
    Begins wk 9 to wk 13

Clomid 75/50/50/50
    Nolva 40/20/20/20

It seems like the anavar has similar healing abilities as the deca (I am sure not as good) but less side effects.

I have the following questions:

1) Do you think that it would be worth adding propescia if I have a bit of a receeding hair line? I will be using Nizoral and Rogaine (during cycle)

2) Will this short ester help me cutting versus getting bigger? I rather shed fat and gain muscle than getting super big (this may sound retarded to some, but trying to play soccer at 205 lbs is not fun; I have been there).

3) Would it be OK to take it down a notch and reduce both the dosage of test and Anavar to not get super huge? Or can it be just controlled with a good diet? I wanna make sure what I am getting into before I need to go to the mall and get some clothes because all of my current one fits like I got it at Baby GAP )

This cycle may be better for me too since it is shorter, it allows me to see how I react to test for the first weeks and then see if no sides with var. If I cannot achieve my goals with this one, I can always rest and try something else down the road. And no worries, I will be taking it easy...

Ok let's start again !!

This cycle test is test good for cutting or bulking do more research my friend......advice is still test only first cycle your TDEE will determine weight gain / loss

Plus var needs to be run about 10 weeks and as ive stated in previous posts we all have our own sweet spot with mine being 80 mg per day and just take all at once won't make much difference

PCT 3 days after last pin

Just a point I have had 3 major surgerys 2 on my back lumbar disc prolapse and one on my Achilles ( snapped in 3 places )

Trust me a lot of training upper body requires good core strength and you push from your feet

My point is body parts don't rely just on the part your using secondary and third groups are used

Don't rush things it will all come together with time and patience !!

Quote Originally Posted by itsjayman02 View Post
    Just a point I have had 3 major surgerys 2 on my back lumbar disc prolapse and one on my Achilles ( snapped in 3 places )

Trust me a lot of training upper body requires good core strength and you push from your feet

My point is body parts don't rely just on the part your using secondary and third groups are used

Don't rush things it will all come together with time and patience !!
    Thanks man!

I am just trying to learn little by little. I promise I am not dumb haha. This just so new to me, and if you start doing some research on here, you will understand why I am so freaking confused. I will keep reading more and more. I guess at some point, I will be able to get some consensus of what's right and what's not.

My hamstrings are feeling great now since I started SERIOUSLY isolating them in my workouts and my quads I only work as secondary. My knee is feeling good; I just started running a week ago and it is holding up. No hurries there! I was just hoping to heal that stupid ligament on my foot and get the hammies stronger. I can't really do much for that ligament since it is under neath of the ball of my foot. I do manage to shift my exercises to do them either sitting or laying down when my injuries may get compromised.

I am learning lots reading on this forum. Very interesting... Once again. Thanks!!!

Thread Information