Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: How to get accurate testosterone level results on blood work

thefuture2014 is offline New Member
    Do I absolutely need the test # for running my 1st cycle? Or will option 1 suffice for now for the pre cycle blood testing?

2iron is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuture2014 View Post
    Do I absolutely need the test # for running my 1st cycle? Or will option 1 suffice for now for the pre cycle blood testing?
    If its pre cycle thats fine you will still get an actual number of test beings your in normal range. If you do that bw mid cycle it will just say test > 1500 wich doesn't let you know to much.

thefuture2014 is offline New Member
    Got it! Makes sense now. Thanks!

petegriffinjr is offline Junior Member
    Good stuff

Girthquake is offline New Member
    A year later and still primo post, thanks a million doc. Pcp is a family friend, did NOT wanna arouse suspicion asking for this test. I feel the love, this forum is what I needed.

paleocaveman is offline New Member
    Do I have to register with my real name on personalabs and *************? Also, is it ok to use my credit card to pay? I'm located in California. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    Good stuff, bump

Have a question too - Looking at getting ALL mid cycle bloods done and want to make sure I get total test numbers (NOT <1500) result, plus E2.
    Following option 5 it looks like I will get that but no E2, just normal Estradiol.
    Am I reading it wrong?

Thanks.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm pretty sure they do have a test that includes sensitive E2 but you can also add it seperatly. Make sure to look online for a coupon (T34TU2 = 10% off). You can usually find $25 off easily.

private MD labs
    Hormone panel for men $172.49
    The Hormone Panel for Males contains the following tests:
    -Lipid Panel
    -Complete Blood Count (CBC) w/ Differential
    -Estradiol, Sensitive
    -Insulin Growth Factor (IGF-1)
    -Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR)
    -Testosterone (Free) , Serum (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) With Total Testosterone
    -Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
    -Thyroid Profile

Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum
    Testosterone (Free), Serum With Total
    Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
    Thyroid Profile: Free Thyroxine Index (FTI or T7);Thyroxine (T4); Thyroid Hormone Binding Ratio (T3 Uptake); Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)

Last edited by lovbyts; 03-09-2015 at 01:24 AM.
    NACH3 and DrewZ like this.

Thanks lovbytes.

This is the one I did my first cycle thinking I'd get everything;
    Here's the result they gave me from this exact test from privatemd
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	155769

Use labsmd.com
    They use Quest labs not Lab Corp.
    Quest's total testosterone results are the exact number not the dreaded >1500.
    NACH3 and DrewZ like this.

Damn! I missed your post by 5 minutes, I ordered what #5 suggests + added E2.
    it appears labsmd has a male hormone panel for less than what I spent with everything I need.

I like how they specifically say on all their tests: "Testosterone , Free and Total, LC/MS/MS (This testosterone test will also provide results when the total testosterone value is >1500.) "
    Last edited by DrewZ; 03-09-2015 at 09:46 AM.

I agree with deadlifting dog also. I am going to go with quest from now on also because labocrp gives false Sensitive E2 reading if you are using tren . I have had reading come back around 300 but found out not long ago it's the was they test.

NYbeastMode is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    NY is one of the communist states that don't allow private blood testing due to state insurance and medical billing laws. it used to be you could cross the border to CT or PA and get it done but they've changed their requirements recently. I know someone from NJ who came to CT and had it done but he was lucky he didn't get asked for ID.

PPWC, I too live in CT and we dont get asked for ID bc our state allows provatge blood testing.
    ****, I live in NY.. So how do I go about getting my blood work done? Just go to a regular doctor? I'm obviously not gonna tell him I plan on taking steroids so what should I tell him?

How close are you to one of the boarders? If not far you can set it up at one of the labs out of state.

NYbeastMode is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    How close are you to one of the boarders? If not far you can set it up at one of the labs out of state.
    I think Erie PA is like an hour away.. I gotta look into that.

javit is offline New Member
    Hello, looking to get my mid cycle labs done through private md, and need help on getting the most economic yet effective lab to order. I've been having some E2 side effects so definitely need to test E2. There is a female hormone panel suggested in option 4 that is $66 and tests for estradiol (serum), is this different than estradiol (sensitive). Any advice is appreciated.

Yes if it does not say Sensitive then it's not.

Droq13 is offline New Member
    Which option/link is best for pre-cycle bloodwork, on cycle blood work, and post cycle blood work? Are there different ones I should get for each? I don't want to overkill and get the most expensive one for all 3.

thanks guys!

22-250 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Droq13 View Post
    Which option/link is best for pre-cycle bloodwork, on cycle blood work, and post cycle blood work? Are there different ones I should get for each? I don't want to overkill and get the most expensive one for all 3.

thanks guys!
    Ditto. I'm trying to make sense of it all but am very confused.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Droq13 View Post

thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by 22-250 View Post
    Ditto. I'm trying to make sense of it all but am very confused.
    If you're confused then you need to do more research. Try reading the OP a few times along with all the responses. I understand that all this can be a lot to take in, but everything will become more clear after further examination.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    If you're confused then you need to do more research. Try reading the OP a few times along with all the responses. I understand that all this can be a lot to take in, but everything will become more clear after further examination.
    The problem is I don't know what I want. And I don't really care about what I want. What's the right choice?

Option 1) You don't care about anything but the usual female hormone panel. Do I care about the other stuff? I don't know. It says probably best pre and post cycle because everything else should be ok. But is it? How would I know without testing?

Option 2) says all you want is total test because it is cheaper and you assume all the rest is ok during cycle. Is that a reasonable assumption? I don't know. Probably not. Again, how would I know without testing?

Option 3) is if you want real testosterone values AND thyroid profile and CBC with Differential/Platelet Count. But, again, I don't know if this is what I want.You will NOT get LH, FSH, E2 or metabolic profile. Does that matter? I don't know.

Option 4) give you a bunch of stuff. Do I want that? Probably.

Option 5) This is everything. Can't go wrong. Right?

So for a 1st cycle, Option 5 for pre, mid and post cycle sounds best. More specifically, 2 weeks before starting, 7 weeks in and 2 weeks after last pin of Test E. All assuming Austinites 1st cycle protocol.

Full testing using option 5 for the first time will allow some intelligent assumptions and a base line for future cycles.

I obviously I don't know a lot and have a lot to learn.

Thanks for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by 22-250 View Post
    The problem is I don't know what I want. And I don't really care about what I want. What's the right choice?

So for a 1st cycle, Option 5 for pre, mid and post cycle sounds best. More specifically, 2 weeks before starting, 7 weeks in and 2 weeks after last pin of Test E. All assuming Austinites 1st cycle protocol.

Full testing using option 5 for the first time will allow some intelligent assumptions and a base line for future cycles.

I obviously I don't know a lot and have a lot to learn.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Some of those options are for people with cycle and BW experience. Other options are aimed at people trying to meet a budget.

IMO if money is not an issue than for all three exams go to labs MD and order the hormone panel for males.

Post cycle labs should be conducted 6-8 weeks after your last PCT dose.

Thanks for correcting me on the post cycle lab timing. I'll look into the Labs MD hormone panel for males.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If money is limited, which one do you recommend?

45lb is offline Associate Member
    Good info, very helpful
    Last edited by 45lb; 02-17-2016 at 01:57 AM.

45lb is offline Associate Member
    My experience with Labs MD, which might help someone else, just to know…

There were coupon codes I found online for Labs MD, but there was no box to enter the coupon code in. I called and spoke to someone at Labs MD, and they told me there was no current coupon deal running, and that is why the box was not available to enter the code into. I just had found a bogus code. She said they just run specials sometimes, and you never know when they will. So, if you're trying to enter a coupon code, but can't find the box to do it, that means there is no current special running.
    Last edited by 45lb; 02-17-2016 at 03:42 PM.

thall1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Some of those options are for people with cycle and BW experience. Other options are aimed at people trying to meet a budget.

IMO if money is not an issue than for all three exams go to labs MD and order the hormone panel for males.

Post cycle labs should be conducted 6-8 weeks after your last PCT dose.
    I haven't read every reply... I guess I need to cause I'm confused as hell

Quote Originally Posted by thall1 View Post
    I haven't read every reply... I guess I need to cause I'm confused as hell
    Yeah there is an overwhelming amount of material.

If you really want to learn about understanding lab results then begin reading threads in the confidential blood testing forum (I think that's what it's called) and the TRT forum.

Most of the guys that post in those forums really know there stuff.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I see some people are trying to get there total test number and not angreater than 1500. You dont have to go through quest for this. Labcorp will do it as well. When you order your test you need to make sure the testosterone part of the test say LC/MS after. Quest may use LC/MS for all there testing, but if you see a test offered with LC/MS, and one without always go with the LC/MS test for the most accurate numbers.

Usually the best way to go is the female hormone panel with the sensitive e2 added, and any other test your looking to get. The female hormone panel has the proper testosterone test already added.

henryjames is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    I don't think Doc has been here for a while, so I'll answer it for him.
    When you order online, you will have to select a Lab location. Most times it's going to be LabCorp.
    Once you pay, within few minutes you will receive an email from private md labs.
    They will send you the requisitions that you will print out and bring to LabCorp.
    Walk in, give them papers that you've printed out, they will tell you to wait few minutes.
    Then they will invite you in to get your samples.
    Day or 2 later you will gen an email from private md labs with your results in PDF file.
    Hello, there. I was reading the thread regarding ordering labs online and paying. It stated not to give your CC or insurance info. How can I pay cash for the tests and not give them my identification/Driver's license?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information