Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BBJT200
  • 1 Post By OdinsOtherSon

Thread: Nolva or Letro for fatloss.

bjo2925 is offline Associate Member

Nolva or Letro for fatloss.

Hi!

Wich of the two is best for fat lost: Letro or Nolva.

And I know there are many other things wich are much better for fat loss than this two, like cardio, :-) But I would still like to know about this two in particular..

Thank you

Sorry for my English, It's not my mother language.

DexterMorgan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Neither, good diet and exercising will make make you lose fat.

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    Neither, good diet and exercising will make make you lose fat.
    Using nolva will have no effect on fat loss, but using letrozole technically would.
    Letrozole will lower estrogen levels, which will in turn make it easier for the body to shed fat.

However, if you were to try to use this type of route to achieve fat loss, I'd suggest using a low dose of arimidex . Letrozole is way too strong and will crash your estrogen levels below the normal range and cause other problems like achy joints, fatigue, mood swings, etc.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

shanbakrac is offline New Member
    Neither really, look more into ECA, clen /t3. I guess an AI would help tho I never would use it for that purpose. Nolvadex won't do anything tho. If your body fat is high you can strip off fat easily with no supplements.

Quote Originally Posted by BBJT200 View Post
    Using nolva will have no effect on fat loss, but using letrozole technically would.
    Letrozole will lower estrogen levels, which will in turn make it easier for the body to shed fat.

However, if you were to try to use this type of route to achieve fat loss, I'd suggest using a low dose of arimidex. Letrozole is way too strong and will crash your estrogen levels below the normal range and cause other problems like achy joints, fatigue, mood swings, etc.
    Its easy to crush e2 with adex without using AAS. So using ai for weight loss is pointless. Off cycle estrogen in males is low already, so if you get from 30 to 15 pg/ml, it won't change a thing. Only gonna hurt your pocket and possibly crushed your e2 as a result.
    2nd, can't cut by dieting and working out? don't mess with steroids , and ai's.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its easy to crush e2 with adex without using AAS. So using ai for weight loss is pointless. Off cycle estrogen in males is low already, so if you get from 30 to 15 pg/ml, it won't change a thing. Only gonna hurt your pocket and possibly crushed your e2 as a result.
    2nd, can't cut by dieting and working out? don't mess with steroids, and ai's.
    mmmmmm....not so sure about this. I agree, adex will crush e2 if you're not monitoring but that's on cycle too. bbjt200 is right though. Reducing the aromatization of test will assist in helping a person to reduce fat cell size. And just because you're not on cycle DOES NOT mean you can't have e2 levels out of range on the high side. I'm walking, talking proof of that with BW to back it up. Aromasin would be my AI of choice. As males age, e2 and aromatase enzymes increase...its a just a fact of life for males. So in an instance such as that, an ai (specifically aromasin) could absolutely help.

cun44 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon

mmmmmm....not so sure about this. I agree, adex will crush e2 if you're not monitoring but that's on cycle too. bbjt200 is right though. Reducing the aromatization of test will assist in helping a person to reduce fat cell size. And just because you're not on cycle DOES NOT mean you can't have e2 levels out of range on the high side. I'm walking, talking proof of that with BW to back it up. Aromasin would be my AI of choice. As males age, e2 and aromatase enzymes increase...its a just a fact of life for males. So in an instance such as that, an ai (specifically aromasin) could absolutely help.
    My endo put me on 200mg of cyp a week for TRT. It made my estrogen more than double. No gyno yet but, lower abs are puffy on a low carb diet. Taking aromasin 12.5mg eod with no noticeable effects. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by cun44 View Post
    My endo put me on 200mg of cyp a week for TRT. It made my estrogen more than double. No gyno yet but, lower abs are puffy on a low carb diet. Taking aromasin 12.5mg eod with no noticeable effects. Any ideas?
    I think the aromasin dose is too low, imo. At a minimum I would go 12.5 ed, if not 25ed.

Exemestane-The Underdosed AI

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Of course AI should be used to block the enzymes to reduce aromatization of test. But to take an AI off cycle for fat lose purposes, isn't the best choice. I would rather use diet to lose weight, rather than messing with my hormones. Unless of course natural e2 production is high, but OP didn't mention that his e2 is high.

Quote Originally Posted by cun44 View Post
    I'm on test-e 500mgs/wk. I'm taking 15mgs ed. My e2 with that dose is 32 pg/ml in the range of 8-43.

The OP is 33...you're 22. Odds are he is experiencing the e2 rise which typically coincides with the middle age spread. You painted with a broad brush with the statement,
    Off cycle estrogen in males is low already
    . You won't be "messing with your hormones" using aromasin , unless you're taking extremely high doses. Read the article I posted above. That thread and study was ran with males your age and younger, NOT on any aas, e2 was brought into desirable ranges and none experienced any e2 crush but did experience a significant rise in test.
    Bio-Active likes this.

If he's experiencing high e2, he needs to mention it in his thread. But 1st blood work is needed to know for sure.
    Well, if you're not happy with your weight, that means something is off with your diet. And diet is the main thing, because its what going to make a difference. You can do cardio and dru-gs all you want, with poor diet, you won't get good results. The fewer dru-gs you take the better. I'm not disagreeing with your study. I'm just saying, use dru-gs to get huge, use diet to shred fat. If caloric deficit isn't there, aromasin won't do much for fat loss. don't you agree? You can only get so big naturally, but getting lean can easily be done without taking anything. Plus he is only 33, so his age doesn't playing to big of a role here, it's not like he's 50.

If he's experiencing high e2, he needs to mention it in his thread. But 1st blood work is needed to know for sure.
    Well, if you're not happy with your weight, that means something is off with your diet. And diet is the main thing, because its what going to make a difference. You can do cardio and dru-gs all you want, with poor diet, you won't get good results. The fewer dru-gs you take the better. I'm not disagreeing with your study. I'm just saying, use dru-gs to get huge, use diet to shred fat. If caloric deficit isn't there, aromasin won't do much for fat loss. don't you agree? You can only get so big naturally, but getting lean can easily be done without taking anything. Plus he is only 33, so his age doesn't playing to big of a role here, it's not like he's 50.
    What is clen , albut, T3 used for?

What is clen, albut, T3 used for?
    Used to burn fat and for some medical reasons possibly. But it's not the point. I'm just surprised, that Aromasin and clen was recommend in this thread instead of a caloric deficit. Diet is the king in my opinion. When I'm sitting at 12%bf and planning to lose weight, I'm setting up my diet/macros/calories, not pre-ordering clen. But everyone can do what ever they want.
    Last edited by DexterMorgan; 06-25-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Used to burn fat and for some medical reasons possibly. But it's not the point. I'm just surprised, that Aromasin and clen was recommend in this thread instead of caloric deficit. Diet is the king in my opinion. When I'm sitting at 12%bf and planning to lose weight, I'm setting up my diet/macros/calories, not pre-ordering clen. But everyone can do what eve they want.
    Bro, the OP admitted in his opening post that he knew there were "better" ways, ie, cardio and diet. The question WAS about a product. As far as diet goes, I do agree with you...it is THE place to start. But let me tell you, once you hit that 30-35 year mark and your body takes that metabolic dive (unless your some genetic superstar like kelkel) that diet only stuff gets real hard. You don't have to wait until you're 50 before you body starts working against you. You have the benefit of youth on your side right now. You don't have the benefit of experience here, so I understand why you're beating the diet drum so hard (and correctly so)...come talk to me in another 10-12 years and we'll see if you don't have a different out look when calorie deficit and cardio just doesn't seem to work that magic anymore.

Bro, the OP admitted in his opening post that he knew there were "better" ways, ie, cardio and diet. The question WAS about a product. As far as diet goes, I do agree with you...it is THE place to start. But let me tell you, once you hit that 30-35 year mark and your body takes that metabolic dive (unless your some genetic superstar like kelkel) that diet only stuff gets real hard. You don't have to wait until you're 50 before you body starts working against you. You have the benefit of youth on your side right now. You don't have the benefit of experience here, so I understand why you're beating the diet drum so hard (and correctly so)...come talk to me in another 10-12 years and we'll see if you don't have a different out look when calorie deficit and cardio just doesn't seem to work that magic anymore.
    Well, I can't argue here, that could be a problem. You're right I don't have any experience here, and genetics do play a big role I agree. I just didn't think that at 33 people can get that way. I've spent 7 years of my life wrestling, so I've seen many trainers and people close to 40 still hitting it hard and look 2x better than me.
    Last edited by DexterMorgan; 06-25-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Well, I can't argue here, that could be a problem. You're right I don't have any experience here, and genetics do play a big role I agree. I just didn't think that at 33 people can get that way. I've spent 7 years of my life wrestling, so I've seen many trainers and people close to 40 still hitting it hard and look 2x better than me at 40.
    Hey man, you're right. There are some guys out there who can do exactly as you've suggested and make it work. I can't. When I said you don't have experience, I meant experience in what aging can do to your body...wasn't flaming you bro!

Hey man, you're right. There are some guys out there who can do exactly as you've suggested and make it work. I can't. When I said you don't have experience, I meant experience in what aging can do to your body...wasn't flaming you bro!
    That's what I meant no experience in aging bro, it's all good. Sorry didn't make myself clear.

OP good luck with your weight loss man.

Thread Information