Zodiac85 is offline Associate Member

Bf recommendation for women?

I understand it's recommended for men to be below 15-16% bf before cycling. Is there a similar recommendation for women?

My wife is around 20% and just starting to kick around the idea of doing some anavar later in the year. Thanks!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    20% for a woman is equivalent of about 15% in men. If she looks like a 15% male then she is closer to 10%.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3457573830.jpg 
Views:	4375 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	140955

I'm not sure I entirely agree with these examples but you get the idea.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks. So the general rule of thumb for women would be sub-20%?

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    The issues are not quite the same. The reasons often suggested for men to wait till a lower BF has nothing really to do with women.

I would be mainly concerned with diet and if the results would be seen at the higher BF.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac85
    Thanks. So the general rule of thumb for women would be sub-20%?
    Not necessarily, the possibility of increased side effects with higher bf in men doesn't really correlate to those in women.

The biggest concern for a woman would be, IMHO, that she has her training and diet down.

Twitz has a log on here somewhere. I know she has been doing a var only cycle, search for it and have a read.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks!

twitz is offline Female Member
    I would base the decision on her training/diet and her goals. If she is new to dieting or training there are many things she can improve on before adding in var. Think of it as a tool to help her -1) gain muscle when she hits a plateau, or 2) help preserve muscle/aid in BF loss while dieting. If she hasn't reached her full natural potential, get her on a good training/diet program before she cycles later in the year.

Females can use var during a bulk or a cut. What is her goal?

twitz,

I just read through your log earlier based on BiB's recommendation. I am going to try to convince her to make her own account and get to know some of the ladies around here.

She is very consistent on her lifting, and has def hit a plateau (probably due to cutting). Right now her big goal is to cut to 18%-ish (she's 20 or a bit over now). She has definitely had her ups and downs with the cut. However, her goal with anavar would be a lean bulk, hence later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac85 View Post
    twitz,

I just read through your log earlier based on BiB's recommendation. I am going to try to convince her to make her own account and get to know some of the ladies around here.

She is very consistent on her lifting, and has def hit a plateau (probably due to cutting). Right now her big goal is to cut to 18%-ish (she's 20 or a bit over now). She has definitely had her ups and downs with the cut. However, her goal with anavar would be a lean bulk, hence later in the year.
    Even more important would be the advise she can get from the nutrition section. Women can have a difficult time getting to low BF and typically need a stricter diet then us fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Even more important would be the advise she can get from the nutrition section. Women can have a difficult time getting to low BF and typically need a stricter diet then us fellas.
    That seems to be exactly the case. She occasionally get demoralized when she is so restricted and the weight goes so slowly. Especially since I'm cutting on 800+ more calories than her. Thanks! I'll have her check it out tonight.

AlinSR is offline new member
    This is just me, but when my wife asked me to get her some anavar , I recommended she not do anything that would turn her more manly. Even anavar could change a womans voice deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by AlinshopRep View Post
    This is just me, but when my wife asked me to get her some anavar, I recommended she not do anything that would turn her more manly. Even anavar could change a womans voice deeper.
    This isn't common or likely at low doses under 20mg...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    This isn't common or likely at low doses under 20mg...
    Obviously we don't have anything ironed out yet as it's a ways away, but we'd be looking at 5-10mg to start I imagine. And no PCT to worry about so you just stop if you don't like the sides.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac85 View Post
    That seems to be exactly the case. She occasionally get demoralized when she is so restricted and the weight goes so slowly. Especially since I'm cutting on 800+ more calories than her. Thanks! I'll have her check it out tonight.
    I feel her pain. Its a relentless battle....very little margin for error. Maybe carb cycling is an alternative plan that would work well for her. I am looking into this for myself. . Check out stickys in the nutritional forum

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I feel her pain. Its a relentless battle....very little margin for error. Maybe carb cycling is an alternative plan that would work well for her. I am looking into this for myself. . Check out stickys in the nutritional forum
    Thanks. I was reading all those today. I might try it as well. My cut is going ok, but boring as hell!

Thread Information