crbeden is offline New Member

New to this, any advice would be helpful

Hey Guys,
    I'm 19, 6'1.5 and roughly 176 pounds. Body fat around 12%. I've been using supplementation for the longest time (Creatine, glutamine, arginine, D-AA, etc.) and have experienced both good and bad results with each. I'm a former athlete who has worked down from 247 pounds 2 years ago. I train at least 6 times a week for roughly 1.5 hours at a time. My primary goals are burning fat and breaking through my strength plateus to get that hard, shredded look. While I have used supplementation in the past, i'm new to steroids . Any advice on which oral steroid I should take for my first time to achieve these goals? Thanks in advance, and I look forward to talking with you guys.

Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    At 19 you are to young to safely take steroids . Diet and cardio is what determines how much Bodyfat and how ripped you are, even for the pro's. Post your diet in the nutrition section and let the experts critique it... When people are cutting they use anavar and winstrol as a oral but only with a testosterone base which is injected... The winstrol is hard on the liver and can only be used for a short amount of time... Orals overall are not a good idea, anavar being one of the only exceptions IMO...
    Last edited by Chx beach 79; 07-04-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Money Talks is offline Junior Member
    In order to build strength, I like to suggest you take a good look at your lifting routine. Look at programs such as 5x5, which focus on the squat, bench, deadlift, military press, and pull up. Before I even touched juice for the first time, I already was able to squat over 400 pounds and deadlift over 500 pounds. 5x5 is a great program in that strength gains come quickly for beginners and intermediates (based on your age and weight I am assuming you fall into one of those categories), and you don't spend hours on end in the gym doing isolation exercises 6 days a week like you are currently doing.

As for cycling, I wouldn't suggest you do that just yet as I think you have a lot of natural potential still left. Don't get discouraged by seemingly slower gains, remember this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    sounds like you overtrain unless your throwing cardio days in

crbeden is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Talks View Post
    In order to build strength, I like to suggest you take a good look at your lifting routine. Look at programs such as 5x5, which focus on the squat, bench, deadlift, military press, and pull up. Before I even touched juice for the first time, I already was able to squat over 400 pounds and deadlift over 500 pounds. 5x5 is a great program in that strength gains come quickly for beginners and intermediates (based on your age and weight I am assuming you fall into one of those categories), and you don't spend hours on end in the gym doing isolation exercises 6 days a week like you are currently doing.

As for cycling, I wouldn't suggest you do that just yet as I think you have a lot of natural potential still left. Don't get discouraged by seemingly slower gains, remember this is a marathon, not a sprint.
    My current routine is the University of Georgia football routine. Its added a lot of numbers to my strength gains, but the plateaus are hard to break right now. I'll take your advice with the 5x5 training and maybe pick back up on the UGA workouts in a month or so.

toilet is offline Banned
    Aside from the points mentioned above (ie too young and unsuitability of orals) I think you'd get more out of your first cycle if you were to bulk given you are 12 percent body fat. From what I've read no one should waste a first cycle
    Cutting (I'm a noob tho so some may disagree).

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Building strength and losing fat is hard combo and diet will be the key to the success of your goals. Hit the nutrition section and calculate your TDEE and get the macros balanced no steroids needed at your age.

Money Talks is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crbeden View Post
    My current routine is the University of Georgia football routine. Its added a lot of numbers to my strength gains, but the plateaus are hard to break right now. I'll take your advice with the 5x5 training and maybe pick back up on the UGA workouts in a month or so.
    Remember that a lot of guys on a college football team are far beyond the beginner or intermediate level when it comes to lifting. Keeping that in mind, many of those on the team also have better recovery ability due to the anabolics that they use. For a natural, a 3 day a week full body routine such as 5x5 will help you achieve strength gains faster than a more advanced and sport specific routine such as the one used by a college football team.

I also found that dedicating 1.5 hours a day to the gym 6 days a week becomes difficult, especially as you get older and face more responsibilities. Hitting the gym 3 days a week for about an hour a day is much easier to maintain over the long term (I have been lifting 10+ years). Good luck.
    Last edited by Money Talks; 07-04-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Thread Information