gymxcub is offline New Member

Requesting Feedback on My 1st Cycle

So, I spent about 4 months doing research, and decided to take the route of anabolics.
    STATS: 49 y/o, 5'9", 158 (starting wt), 31.5"waist, BF% approx 12.

My Cycle Plan: Combination of Test-E and Tren .
    Test-E: 300mg / wk (adminstered 150mg/2x/wk) and
    Tren: 40mg every other day (so, 1st week=120mg, 2nd week 160mg, etc)

Workout: 4days of workout followed by 1 day rest.
    Workout is 5 body regions -- Legs/Glutes; Upper Traps/Delts; Chest; Lats/Rhomboids/Lower Back; Bi's/Tri's.
    12-15 min slow cardio pre-workout. Afternoon visit to gym every other day -- concentrate on Abs/Core will burn an additional 400-500 cals w/ various cardio.

Diet: Consuming 3000 cals/day (though a bit difficult for me) --
    15-20% fat
    40-40(45)% Carb/Protein (tend to be shy of carbs unless I'm sure they're quality carbs)

I have just completed my 2nd week, and have the following results:
    Noticeable change in body "shape" -- broader shoulders/torso. ONLY 2-3 pounds in weight gain (which I would think is at least 50% water weight).
    My strength gains during the workouts are REAL though -- 10-15% more than pre-cycle.
    Also -- my energy level (especially during workout) is phenomenol.

Post workout -- I eat, and take a nap.

My question/request for feedback --
    Shouldn't I expect greater gains in weight? My goal is, once cycle is complete, is to "net" 10 more pounds (be at 165-168). I'm feeling unsure if I'm on the right track, because my understanding is that I would need to gain at least 20 pounds during cycle to eventually level out "netting" 10 pounds of good weight.

Thanks for feedback/advice.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Back to the drawing board..... lose the tren , test only for a first cycle.
    Where is the AI
    What is the PCT plan
    Are you using HCG on cycle

Please post a complete cycle

Your pretty light to be considering AAS, have you had blood work??

itsjayman02 is offline Member
    Hi

At 158 you need to gain weight before taking AAs

Research should have told you that a test only first cycle is recommend

You have no mention of an AI , HCG or PCT

You stated consuming 3000 cals is difficult for you
    That's the key to weight gain so you should visit the nutritional section

itsjayman02 is offline Member
    Great minds think alike !!

gymxcub is offline New Member
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Taking the Tren was more on encouragement from someone with experience (here locally). Not a problem to cease that part of the cycle.

Yes -- I have had a full series of blood work done about every 9 months for the past 3 years -- suspecting, and recently confirmed, that my T levels are declining (Doc gives the standard reply -- aging.)

Since I seriously began working out (Aug 2007), I have gone through regimen after regimen to gain muscle mass. The best I ever achieved was, after 16 months of SERIOUS eating (sometimes 4000 cal/day), I reached 160 pounds with a 8.8% BF. That was in Jan 2009. Since then, getting married, returning to school, I lost anywhere from 5-8 pounds, and softened around the mid-section.

No amount of effort in nutrition/exercise has allowed me to get above 160 since.
    Hence, BECAUSE I'm light, I decided on anabolic route.
    Btw -- wife is a nutritionist, and I use her as a resource for balance in eating patterns.

My PCT plan is to use Tamox. for 5 weeks following cycle.
    No, not using HCG .

My cycle has been to span 8-10 weeks.....since I will cease the Tren, I can extend to 12. Guess I'll just be using Test.....Although, I purchased and am considering the use of Oxandrol for the last 4 weeks.

Guys -- I've learned not to be soft-hearted about my weight. I KNOW I'm light. I also know I'm working an already declining natural T level. My prolactin/progesterone levels are withing normal range, but could be better (in my opinion).
    Still -- this route of using anabolics is for me kind of a "last attempt" to make a difference.
    I do not have GREAT expectations of being HUGE -- and it's not my goal.
    Since beginning the cycle, I do feel more "up", more motivated, more confident. My moodiness has decreased (even my wife has noticed.) And these are good things.

So again, thanks for the feedback.
    I will try to consume MORE calories. And I will heed your advice regarding no Tren.
    Thanks again.

Thread Information