Complete novice is offline Associate Member

Considering my first course.

Hello all

I have low testosterone (posted many times in the forum) I have had lots of different treatments, all with negative effects. But that's a whole thread on its own.

Anyway, I've been dieting and training for over 10 years, but don't feel like I have a good body.. I'm big but carry a lot of fat too. I have tried all sorts of diets over time, I give them all a good chance but none seem to work with me (maybe down to the low test).

I am currently 250lb, 6ft and 35 next month. I have recently lost 18lb over the last 3 months, but have been living on 1800 cal a day, mainly protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. I haven't had a cheat meal, alcohol and have been as strict as possible. Yet still I've only lost 18lb... People can make complete body changes in that time, yet I feel the same only minimally lighter.

So that brings me onto my thoughts of trying a course to try and help my body change, as I feel I'm at a point where my body doesn't want to change naturally.

I don't know what I should take really, I want to lose fat and become more defined. I feel I am big enough, size wise and defiantly don't want to get any bigger.

Sorry for the long post, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    A think the best thing you could do is go over to the nutrition section mate the guy's there will sort you out and any way 18lb that's great what is your bf%

Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    Will your doctor work with you on your TRT protocol? Have you had your thyroid and estrogen levels checked?

Tbh I have been through hell with trt, like I say I would need a whole other thread to explain what I've been through.

I am currently taking no trt and haven't seen an endo for 4 months, they aren't interested, I do a 4 hour round trip for a blood test.. Which i have to wait another 3-6 months for any response or results. So it's time to take matters in my own hands.

I think my bf is high 30s and posted in diet forum as well.

Thanks for any advice

Have you looked at austinites otc fat burning thread?. Some damn useful stuff in there. ;-). Have u tried hiit or Carb cycling. Rather than dieting too hard. This can have an adverse effect of slowing down metabolism further exacerbating an already bad issue. You'll find cycling won't necessarily help you with this issue I'm afraid. Its the last thing you tie in usually to increase your workload u can take on. But that can make u bigger. Not smaller.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by MajorPectorial; 07-15-2013 at 05:04 PM.

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    You really shouldn't take anything until your bf% is half of where you are. Get after the cardio heavily and see what they say in the nutrition forum.
    Having such high body fat can really throw a wrench in things and add to your risk of bad sides.
    6months for blood results? Seems unlikely...
    Work with trt. If you can't get that right what makes you think throwing double that dose or more in test and other compounds at it will be any better?
    There isn't anything out there that will make an impact at 30% I'm sorry. You gotta put in the time with diet and cardio

Thanks for the replies.

I have had an absolute nightmare with trt and am waiting on the 5th endo to arrange an appointment after 4 months.

I have grade 4 arthritis in my knee due to rupturing lateral and cruciate ligaments and after 5 major operations the only option is a knee replacement, unfortunately at my age, they won't do.

So cardio is pretty much impossible to do, well anything involving my leg anyway. Even swimming is a thing of the past.

I have tried everything, and am sticking to this STRICT diet.

Any other ideas

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    18 lbs in three month is a great accomplishment and the right way. Slow and steady not all at once that will be back on in a month.
    Please list your tdee
    Please list your macros and cals of everything you ate yesterday

Thread Information