Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ChiveOn
  • 1 Post By toppinm
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By crazy mike
  • 1 Post By crazy mike

Thread: Keeping gains! Is it really possible?

Muscleduke is offline Associate Member

Keeping gains! Is it really possible?

Yo!

So I haven't been able to find the answer to my question, sorry if I have repeated a thread.

So lets say someone does a cycle, they decide its the only cycle they want to do. They gain 35ibs, PCT goes well and they maintain 28ibs.

Will your body be able to maintain all this mass without using anymore AAS? I would have thought not, i know not many people do just the 1 cycle esspecilly if they get good results but this is just me hypothetically speaking.

Ell

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Depending on diet and genetic limit!!!!

BigSwol is offline Associate Member
    From past experience w pro hormones and as...I def have made gains over the last 10-20 yrs. I was 145 lbs grad high school...now I'm about 213-215. Currently taking creatine and eating like a mother****er lol! That's it

Fcarey32 is offline Associate Member
    Your diet post cycle determines whether you keep your lean gains or not,

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    As long as your not past genetic potential, and you're eating well enough to maintain said muscle, then it's totally feasible and what were all shooting for hwre
    G0D likes this.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bear in mind that when someone gains 20-30lbs a cycle, a lot of that is fats and water.

toppinm is offline Junior Member
    You won't keep gains that are past your natural limit if you stay off gear. Maintaining some gains is very possible during pct, but you won't keep everything. Good luck only cycling once.
    G0D likes this.

Cheers for feedback.

I know obviously diet/training/Pct comes down to what you keep.

My plan isn't to cycle once I am genuinely wondering what you would and wouldn't keep, if it was just one cycle.

But natural limit was the answer I was looking for and didn't know, everything else I did.

Cheers

mohawkman is offline Associate Member
    You will only be able to keep gains that your body has enough natural testosterone to support . You want to keep gains continue cycling

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I don't comment much on this just because the answer is very uncertain.

If you have been juicing for a long time and gotten to be the size of a beast, it is very unlikely your natural self will keep that up.
    Muscleduke likes this.

G0D
    G0D is offline Junior Member
    will using HGH increase ur natural max ?

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    I finished a cycle 5-6 weeks ago
    did PCT ( also on 8 IU HGH )
    cycle ended and im at 196-197
    now im 202. my strength went up during cycle. not a single side except week 1 i was very emotional
    i get more hungry on PCT so i upped calories by 500-700 making them 4000
    all lifts went up 5-10%
    So yes u can keep everything
    i gained even more

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by G0D View Post
    will using HGH increase ur natural max ?
    You need to start your own thread for that question. ...crazy mike
    thehor likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muscleduke View Post
    Yo!

So I haven't been able to find the answer to my question, sorry if I have repeated a thread.

So lets say someone does a cycle, they decide its the only cycle they want to do. They gain 35ibs, PCT goes well and they maintain 28ibs.

Will your body be able to maintain all this mass without using anymore AAS? I would have thought not, i know not many people do just the 1 cycle esspecilly if they get good results but this is just me hypothetically speaking.

Ell
    I think its very possible to keep the majority of your gains if you continue to eat and train correctly.
    Most people get lazy with EVERYTHING once they come OFF then complain about loss of gains.

BIGTIMEPUSH is offline Associate Member
    ^Agree with that, loss of discipline = loss of gains...

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I think its very possible to keep the majority of your gains if you continue to eat and train correctly.
    Most people get lazy with EVERYTHING once they come OFF then complain about loss of gains.
    You can keep your gains. Remember we are talking about lean muscle mass gain. That's what you make and that you can keep if you keep training and eating. You only loose muscle mass thru atrophy and then at that the fibers (LM) are still there. That is muscle memory. All the other gains are water and fat tissue. Muscle fibers do not disintegrate, just go away. They shrink, they are tissues. Only if you go into a catabolic state will your body start to eat away the muscle fibers. ...crazy mike
    Muscleduke likes this.

Thanks again for feedback, weather it had been covered on this forum or not I thought it was something quite a few people would like to know the answer to.

Ell

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I figure in my case it will be a quicker way to get closer to my genetic potential. However this will not be without first establishing a good base to work from along with diet discipline (although my legs will get more of a free ride due to the stupidity of not working them when I was younger). Some will call this cheating and so be it but I call it being more efficient with the time I have to reach my goals. As of now I have no real plans to go much (if any) further than what my body is naturally capable of but who knows, this adding lbm could get addicting. I'd like to end up somewhere around 215'ish with 10-12 percent fat and at 5'10" this seems entirely feasible. Once I reach this goal the new goal will be to keep it with hard work and good diet.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwol View Post
    From past experience w pro hormones and as...I def have made gains over the last 10-20 yrs. I was 145 lbs grad high school...now I'm about 213-215. Currently taking creatine and eating like a mother****er lol! That's it
    I would like to propose the idea that you would have gained most of this weight anyways. Men have a tendency to gain weight after their early/mid twenties. Lifting helps. But had you not been at the weights, I suspect that you still would have gained weight. I weighed 160 and 6foot when i was 21. Now I've been as high as 250.

It's hard to tell which portion is attributable to genetics and which to resistance exercise.

G0D
    G0D is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    You need to start your own thread for that question. ...crazy mike
    it was just a yes or no qn.. and somewhat related to teh OP's qn of keeping gains.

Thread Information