• 1 Post By Emperor9
  • 2 Post By Live for the PUMP
  • 3 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By Granovich
  • 2 Post By Gaspaco
  • 1 Post By thehor
  • 1 Post By Emperor9
  • 1 Post By Sociabear

Thread: First cycle, before pics posted. Initial body fat and cycle advice.

Crossfitter83 is offline New Member

First cycle, before pics posted. Initial body fat and cycle advice.

Hello All,

I posted for the first time in the forum last night and got some great advice from many people. My initial body fat % was questionable, as I had initially posted my stats as 23% BF. However, that was 7 mos. ago when I started crossfitting, so a reasonable estimate of my current BF is around 16-17% after losing approx. 13 lbs. I've posted photos of how I look as of this morning. I have started my first cycle last Thursday. My entire cycle is posted below.

What can I expect from my current body weight and BF% with heavy weight training and 6-7 hours of crossfit, which entails intense strength and conditioning?

Current stats:
    30 Y.O. male
    5'6
    150 lbs
    16-17% bf

Crossfit x6-7 hrs a week.
    Heavy lifting in the gym to supplement my workouts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First cycle, before pics posted. Initial body fat and cycle advice.-cycle1.jpeg  

Emperor9 is offline Associate Member
    i dont see what you are using on your cycle???

I'm having trouble posting it. Stand by...

I'm using test cyp 500/wk x 10 wks with an AI (armidex) then pct nolv and toremifene citrate

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    people these days just run AAS too early.. you need years of serious workout and good diet before a cycle.
    Crossfitter83, clarky. and thehor like this.

since you are already on it and a good age imo. what is your goal? if it is to gain size and bulk , id go low reps heavy heavy and cut out some of the crossfit stuff. and make sure to eat eat and eat, go to the diet section and look at some good bulking diets. eating is so important and sleep also get 8-10hours a night. Also give yourself some days off from working out ,its those days your body heals and grows.
    Crossfitter83 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor9 View Post
    since you are already on it and a good age imo. what is your goal? if it is to gain size and bulk , id go low reps heavy heavy and cut out some of the crossfit stuff. and make sure to eat eat and eat, go to the diet section and look at some good bulking diets. eating is so important and sleep also get 8-10hours a night. Also give yourself some days off from working out ,its those days your body heals and grows.
    Thanks for the input. I'd like to increase in size and bulk. I'll definitely do heavy lifting and try and stray away from more of the met-con, heavy cardio WoDs (workout of the day) at Crossfit.

Is this a good starting point though? I'm not at 10% body fat, but losing more weight would just make me shrink up even more... My body frame is pretty petite as it is.

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfitter83 View Post
    Hello All,

I posted for the first time in the forum last night and got some great advice from many people. My initial body fat % was questionable, as I had initially posted my stats as 23% BF. However, that was 7 mos. ago when I started crossfitting, so a reasonable estimate of my current BF is around 16-17% after losing approx. 13 lbs. I've posted photos of how I look as of this morning. I have started my first cycle last Thursday. My entire cycle is posted below.

What can I expect from my current body weight and BF% with heavy weight training and 6-7 hours of crossfit, which entails intense strength and conditioning?

Current stats:
    30 Y.O. male
    5'6
    150 lbs
    16-17% bf

Crossfit x6-7 hrs a week.
    Heavy lifting in the gym to supplement my workouts.
    I can't even tell that you workout?!! ..and you are going to use steroids ?? Bad idea. You are going to hurt yourself. Stop immediately! Get yourself on a good training and diet schedule. You have years of hard work to put in before any AAS is going to help you.
    clarky. and Granovich like this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Live for the PUMP View Post
    I can't even tell that you workout?!! ..and you are going to use steroids?? Bad idea. You are going to hurt yourself. Stop immediately! Get yourself on a good training and diet schedule. You have years of hard work to put in before any AAS is going to help you.
    ^^ Unfortunatly for the op i agree. You need to learn how to eat and train properly first. You need to hit the nutrition forum and get your diet dialed in first. That is the only way you are going to gain
    clarky., Granovich and thehor like this.

diet is very important as i said, its most of it really.,

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    diet is super important
    if you dont have discipline to eat on time and train hard how are you going to take pills and inject your self on time and be able to monitor your body
    and be mentally ready to push harder. it requires alot of work PLUS another big issue is with AAS used early you could damage your tendons
    its painful and takes long time to heal... its not worth it. go workout hard. heavy weights and eat good. eat 6-7 meals a day
    high protein, good fats, good amount of carbs and gain size!!!
    i promise if you take AAS you will lose all your gains in PCT due to your poor diet!

I'm not sure how this thread turned into guidance on diet and exercise but the photos posted are as a result of having lost a lot of weight from doing 7 mos. of crossfit. At this point, I'm ready to gain considerable amounts of muscle using AAS. I get the whole eating every 2 hours and training hard -- to the point of failure. I plan to apply those principals during this journey of building muscle and strength.

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    According to your pictures you shouldn't be even thinking about AAS!!!

No base at all! sorry bud
    Granovich and Crossfitter83 like this.

thehor is offline Member
    You look way to small to be taking aas. You need to put on real muscle first then when you see no progression from dieting then come back and do a cycle if you like at bf 15% or below.

diet isnt only for losing weight. when we say diet we mean eating to bulk up and doing it right, it has to be on point.

Sociabear is offline Junior Member
    Ditch crossfit. That shits laughable if you want to look like you are a "lifter/bodybuilder*

It has it's place but building a aesthetically pleasing physique isn't one of them.

Thread Information