Devko is offline New Member

Anavar only cycle

Hello,

My stats:

Height: 5’11
    Weight: 165
    BF: ~12%

First I would like to start with that my goals and intentions are not for body building but for boxing. Been boxing for quite a while doing weight training once a week, to maintain weight. Year ago my weight was 130 with about 8% bf. Since then been working out properly with weight 4 times a week and climbing up weight classes as I get more and more comfortable being heavier. Last fight was in middleweight and got great opportunity for well paid fight in Light heavyweight (175).

I understand that ASS shouldn’t be used if your younger than 25, but I can’t turn down this opportunity as might not have it in near future.

Been sparring a lot with guys at 175 and fell great but start to notice little lack of strength against guys, which genetically is that weight.

I could get up to that weight without ASS but I would be risking not being in proper cardiovascular form.

Cycle I’m looking at is:

1-8 week 60mg ed Anavar + 40/40/20/20 Novadex pct.

Read a lot about adding 100mg testosterone per week to counter shutdown from Anavar, but that would just make greater shut down and theoretically complicate recovery.

I understand that I will have to skip on most of cardio due to high pumps in muscles, but will keep moderate pad work and sparring sessions with cardio + breathing resistance and increase cardio activities after finishing Anavar cycle to get in proper form.

My current diet is 500g complex carbohydrates, 200g protein and 100g fat. Should I drop carbohydrates and increase protein intake or leave carbohydrates same and just double protein to 400g for maximum lean mass gains due to increase protein synthesis Anavar will provide?

As well how my nutrition macro should looks like after cycle to maintain gains as much as possible?

My current work out:

Been doing all reps with ~3 second slow negative, 0.5-1 second pause and explosive positive lift.

Day 1 Chest/triceps

Incline dumbbell press - 12/10/8 reps
    Barbell bench press – 12/10/8 reps
    Incline flyers – 12/10/8 reps
    Barbell decline press – 12/10/8+rest-pause
    One arm cable triceps extensions – 12/10/8 reps
    Scull crushers – 12/10/8+rest-pause
    Core workout.

Day 2 Back/biceps

Seated cable rows – 12/10/8 reps
    Lat pull-downs – 12/10/8 reps
    Dumbbell rows – 12/10/8 reps
    Straight arm pull-downs – 12/10/8+rest-pause
    Ez-bar curls – 12/10/8
    Hummer curls – 12/10/8+rest-pause
    Calves workout.

Day 3 Legs

Stiff leg deadlifts – 16/14/12 reps
    Lying leg curls – 16/14/12+rest-pause
    Squats – 16/14/12 reps
    Leg extensions – 16/14/12 reps
    Leg press – 16/14/12+rest-pause
    Core workout
    Day 4 Shoulders/traps

Dumbbell shoulder press – 12/10/8
    Front dumbbell rises -12/10/8
    Lateral rises – 12/10/8
    Reverse flyers -12/10/8
    Upright barbell row – 12/10/8+rest-pause
    Dumbbell shrugs – 16/14/12
    Barbell shrugs – 21/21/21 ( changing grip after 7 reps )
    Calves workout.

Would like to hear comments and anything I should be looking out for, changing or any other thoughts.

Thanks,

D

One thing about Var and endurance athletes is the "var pump". Your muscles get so pumped up you can't move it through the full range of motion. Not a good thing for for a boxer. At your age, you really don't need AAS. You're at the peak of your game. I believe you can get more out of your body with diet and supplements.

Only problem is lack of time, that is only reason I'm considering it. As well, as far as pumps go I'm aware of them and will be doing lot less cardio but will do it with breathing resistance to keep as fit as I can and I wanted to time it so that I have month I can spend more on cardio after finishing my cycle and before fight.

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member

vladan is offline Junior Member
    Anavar (Oxandrolone) is a steroid with only a slight androgenic component and when taken in reasonable dosages rarely has any side effects. This is appreciated since Anavar was developed mostly for women and children. Actually Anavar has been shown in studies to be suppressive on endogenous test. Anavar should not be taken for several consecutive months, since, as with almost all oral steroids it is 17-alpha alkylated and thus liver toxic.

Shut down is shut down bro, here i took a lil out of that read for you to review

- The first point i'm making of this post is to show all of you newcomers and youngsters here who are under the age of 24 that Anavar is NOT a safe or 'mild' choice to engage in. It very well has the potential for the same amount of shutdown as a Testosterone cycle as far as I am concerned. So if you think that attempting an Anavar-only cycle for your first cycle is going to save you from any potential permanent HPTA problems later on in life, think again!

- The second point i'm making here is to show that Anavar-only cycles are destructive to the body without the inclusion of some form of Testosterone. Anavar necessitates the use of Testosterone in at least a TRT dose in order to maintain normal physiological function in the presence of a suppressed/shutdown HPTA as a result of Anavar use. Will you die if you do an Anavar-only cycle? No. But it's not optimal or healthy for the body, and can cause issues (both noticeable and un-noticeable) when your endogenous production of Testosterone bottoms out.

Yeah, I read that article. Lot of people have told me that with rate I'm currently building mass in 3 month I can get up to 175 but I'm bit worried about putting too much fat in same time. If I cut back huge amounts of cardio so I get more mass gains I would end up getting to 175 with around 15% bf that would be way too much as I need to be at least 10%. How I should change my diet so I would get at lean bulk as possible? Currently 500g carbs/200 protein and 100g fat.

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    if you're dead set on cycling, using var in your situation is not a good steroid to use.

Might try equipoise for endurance, and testosterone for that weight/strength gain.
    Var pumps are going to make your training impossible...

Var only is a terrible cycle. Adding test to the mix will not further complicate recovery. you will be kicking yourself if you don't add it and run var.

Quote Originally Posted by Devko View Post
    Yeah, I read that article. Lot of people have told me that with rate I'm currently building mass in 3 month I can get up to 175 but I'm bit worried about putting too much fat in same time. If I cut back huge amounts of cardio so I get more mass gains I would end up getting to 175 with around 15% bf that would be way too much as I need to be at least 10%. How I should change my diet so I would get at lean bulk as possible? Currently 500g carbs/200 protein and 100g fat.
    WHAT?????
    so 2000 CALS from Carbs 800 from protien and 900 fat calories??? thats 3700 cals, way in the wrong macro bro, youd get fat on anything in those macros

165@12% = 145lbm

145lbm put your maintenance at 2100, If your eating 3700 you have to be gaining bf% like a mad man esp with those macros

Not really, I been putting solid mass this way and been in 11-13% range. I hit weight at 6 am, do hight intensity boxing session around 4 pm and then running up and down 100m hill 10pm.

OK, but if you plan to loose bf% and maintain weight class your going to have to consider your macros are the problem....... you probably dont even need aas......... I understand you burn alot of energy ( your talking to an ex MMA trainer) so i understand the work you put in.

Consider the diet man.. just a suggestion not a rule. But I guarantee you move in the direction you want alot faster!

If I would cut cardio to minimum, lets say moderate pad work + sparring session on days when I'm not doing weights. Should I just trade in half of carbs for protein and leave fat the same?

If your sitting at 165lbs and not changing weight consecutavley there is only 2 things that are happening, Either A you are not taking in the calories you think you are( This is usually the case which a good sign is your numbers are so nicely rounded) or you are useing the same amount of calories during the day as you take in. which means your workouts would have to burning thousands of cals.... maintaince already takes in energy expended so you are way above and beyond that.

I got probably 25lbs of just lean muscle on you and my macros are 233P/219C/46F ( as you can see my cals are at about 2300) This is what I use to maintain ( everyone is diff) .

what is your main goal here knowing what you know now?

3700 cals i just cant see you staying at 165lbs for very long. unless you run 50 some miles a day.. LOL who knows maybe you do

Quote Originally Posted by Devko View Post
    If I would cut cardio to minimum, lets say moderate pad work + sparring session on days when I'm not doing weights. Should I just trade in half of carbs for protein and leave fat the same?

As a fighter to another fighter, do NOT cut cardio, thats usually what makes or breaks a fight.... not 3 lbs of muscle....

Cheers, thanks for you input

Np man good luck!

truckie4life is offline New Member
    My first cycle was 400 mg test cyp-10weeks , with 50mg anavar ed for 8 weeks. I initially thought to just run it with my TRT dose too, but Im glad over all I upped the test cyp.

One month post cycle I still showed increased liver enzymes due to the anavar. But a couple months later I was back to normal.

Being this was my first cycle I have nothing to compare it too. But I will do it again.

Thread Information