Gearnoob is offline New Member

Question about redness and post injection pain

Four days ago, I pinned for the second time of my first cycle. I am pinning 250 mgs/wk in 1 ml injections. My first injection on my glute went smoothly and after three days, the soreness subsided. However, since my second injection, which was on the other glute, I have developed redness below the injection site, some swelling above the injection site, and some severe soreness around the area of injection. I can't really tell if the site is any warmer than the same site on the opposite glute. Sometimes, I think it is and sometimes I think I am imagining it. Also, I have been monitoring my temperature for two days and have had no fever. I practiced nearly identical pinning steps both times except that I didn't warm the syringe on the second pin, and I may have been distributing my weight on that leg while pinning. I I also moved the needle a lot more the second time. If it wasn't for the redness, I wouldn't be concerned. The redness is a strip about two inches wide by four or five inches long going down towards my quad. It looks like I got slapped hard.

I am not sure if I am stressing over nothing or if I have managed to give myself an infection. Any advice or suggestions you have on what to do next would be appreciated.

I forgot to mention that i am pinning testosterone cypionate .

roadking85 is offline New Member
    Is the exterior I your injection site clean, ie showered and sterilized prior. Also are you following ALL recommended steps for sanitation, new gear every time and alcohol pads? Not flexing during pinning makes a big difference, the soreness I have experienced but that's due to the oil slowly delivering into the blood stream, I have however flinched once inserted and created some scar tissue that I still have to miss to this day unless I want to be sore again. Try a cold compress or heating pad, I prefer ice. Also once u have pinned I like to rub out in a circular motion and also like to pin that muscle group on that same work day so I can break it down during my workout. Stay still and sanitize, also don't be scared put that thing in and don't hesitate it will create a lot less tissue damage if you have confidence and hit your mark swift and with precision. Good luck let us know if it does away by the next day

Both from the same vial = yes = less chance if ur first was OK

Second use of same pin = more chance of infection

Not swabbing are b4 +after=more chance of infection

Virgin muscle(first pin in area)= can simply get sore. Always massage the area after.

Clipped a vein = can be sore

Real pharmaceutical test cyp = less chance

Ugl type = who knows. Some are fine some aren't. They don't follow strict guidelines so contamination can happen. Personally I'll never use ugl again but 90% + are fine tbh

Lump= could be pip or could be infection. No way to tell really

Redness around the area along with a "hotness" . Sounds silly but put the back of ur hands on both areas at the same time. Might give u a better idea.

If ur really worried then see a doc. Least you'll stop worrying. Just say it was a b12 or something. Not frowned upon so much n a simple course of antibiotics should sort it.

The more I think about it, the less likely I think an infection is because I am pretty strict about how I handle injections, including showering, new pinning gear, and alcohol swipes. I have had to drain cauliflower ears in the past so I have the sterilization part down pretty good. Still, if this doesn't clear up by Monday, I'll probably go visit the doctor. In the mean time, I'll probably dip into some antibiotics I have. I am not sure if it will do any good, but hopefully it won't do any harm. Thanks for the replies.

If u run antibiotics just make sure u do a full course. U don't want to have nothing recurring. But. If u don't need em. Don't use em. Ppl use em too much nowadays n wonder why when they do get something they can't get rid or it keeps coming back

Thread Information