JAB1 is offline Member

Primary care doc question

Question for you guys. I have not had a primary care doc for years. I am the type to go to emergency when injured or sick, otherwise I dont go to doctors. Well my wife has been hounding me for a while to get a primary care doc. Now she is pregnant and I need to get a vaccine for whooping cough prior to baby being born. She is urging me to set up initial appointment with a primary doc and get the vaccine. I am on cycle. If I go in for first appointment and vaccine will they take bloodwork. I dont want to do that for obvious reasons, but need to get vaccine. I am unsure what the setup with primary will be, I just assume they will want to get a full scope of my health to establish me as a patient.....Advice appriciated! Also anyone familiar with this vaccine and can I just go to pharmacy/clinic to get it? Thanks guys. Before flaming I will obviously drop cycle, let system clear and get to docs to get it prior to baby if that is my only choice!

TFf
    TFf is offline Associate Member
    I think some of the cvs clinics will do it. Give it a shot! If not call an urgent care to inquire as I've seen signs for vaccinations when I drive by.

truckie4life is offline New Member
    I know walgreens also has this vaccination. You may also want to try the county healt dept., or a walk in clinic as well.

RipOwens is offline Member
    Make sure the baby gets it too! (Not at walgreen's)

Necromanncer is offline Junior Member
    Don't get vaccines... Ever, I almost died from a flu shot. They put mercury in almost all vaccines.

JAB1 is offline Member
    Perfect. Thanks guys Ill check out pharmacies or a urgent care. No choice on getting the shot, gotta compromise with some things. I don't think opposing the vaccine while shooting ugl in my ass is going to fly with the wife!!!

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromanncer View Post
    Don't get vaccines... Ever, I almost died from a flu shot. They put mercury in almost all vaccines.
    Quit taking medical advice from Jenny McCarthy.

truckie4life is offline New Member
    Its no biggie I had to get mine last year too when the wife was pregnant. Its standard protocol for us guys to get that vaccine.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromanncer View Post
    Are you currently wearing a hat made of tin foil, by any chance?

Vaccines are the reason why we aren't all dying of diseases like tuberculosis, smallpox, and polio. A few adverse reaction cases (even though most of them are BS) are a small price to pay for protection against pandemics.

deebo1 is offline Junior Member
    You will be ok you choose your primary doctor and get your shot!! it's not like your going in for a physical!? I do it all the time I just give them the good shoulder and smile at the nurse injecting because she says you must work out lol

RipOwens is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFly

Quit taking medical advice from Jenny McCarthy.
    ^^lol

Thread Information