JerseyHIT is offline New Member

Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS-D

First off I would like to start off by saying I've researched this topic to only find more dead ends. I would like to know if testosterone cypionate could help with IBS-D. I've been diagnosed with low t and I have finally found a doctor that will help me boost my T. I've read on this forum and other sites that it has helped, and I would like to know in which way that it has helped them. I'm 24 years old and I've had IBS-D my entire life and only till about 7 months ago did I finally get it going to where i could eat anything i wanted and have no repercussion from it. Well that short lived victory was great and now i'm in more pain than ever. I lift 4 days a week and eat very clean, but when I got my medications right i splurged more because i didn't know what it felt like to eat and not have to use the bathroom. I've read cypionate levels hormone levels and in return makes IBS-D less existent. Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Rv8G30 is offline Associate Member
    I had it bad in my teen years. I went for every test and tried a few medications nothing worked. After suffering until my early 20s I decided to eat right and that made all the difference. Eating 4 to 6 times per day smaller meals and generally clean has helped more than anything. Eating over maintenance is very tough with this health issue. That's why I've always done recomps or very slow bulks. Never heard anything about testosterone being a factor in this. I thought it was more of a digestive issue. I did notice things that aggravate the condition are waiting more than 6 hours between meals then eating heavy. Also a huge factor is anxiety. Ive always had anxiety and stress issues but his it well. Well the IBS is where it showed. Just out of curiosity what medications have you tried and how did they work? Sorry for not being helpful with your original question regarding test.

In the beginning I just ate clean (6 meals) and used Imodium once (4pills) and i was good and if i ate junk i would pay for it. Then when i would eat my meal consisting of fats (burger,steak etc) i would get severe pains in my stomach and i would have to use the bathroom and it came out like yellow, indicating it was a fatty stool and my body wasnt digesting it properly. After every single test under the sun was performed my doctor stuck to his belief it was just my ibs-d. Long story short he gave me lotmoil (joke), antispasmodics also made it worse. Then he finally gave me questran which after a few weeks of playing with how to use it so that i would get the optimal benefit, i perfected it. I would use the bathroom when i woke up then mix my questran and drink it before i ate then after i would use the bathroom, then after i would take 5 Imodium and about an hour later it would be time to eat again and I would eat a clean meal (no problem) then my 3rd meal i would have another questran with a meal and i would be great. As long as I ate every 2-3 hours, i was golden. Every other meal resulted in taking a questran powder and the meals i drank the questran with i could eat anything i wanted with no pain no nothing. I considered myself cured based on how it turned out then it all went out the window when the questran's effectiveness wore off. I've read everything there is to read about IBS-D, pills,powders,herbal, stuides etc. The thought of my life going back to the way it was scares me, because bodybuilding saved my life and gave me strength beyond the physical and I took myself from a bodyweight of 120 skinny no muscle tone to a heavy 180 (top of my bulk) and I started cutting back down to show my fruits of my labor. The thought of losing it all makes me sick to my stomach.

I forgot to ask Rv8G30, how is your ibs now? What are you currently taking for it?

At the time I was early to mid teens. I just listened to the doc and he put me on a fiber supplement. It helped for a while but I feel like my body always adjusted and went back to its old ways. He then put me on something prescription. Can't remember the name. It dissolves in your mouth for stomach acid maybe? Again it helped then stopped working. I suffered for 10 years then started lifting in my early 20s. I was 130lbs at 23. Said **** it and lifted and ate until I was sick. Eventually things slowly got better over time from eating often and decent portions. Im 29 now and it still happens once in a while but pretty rarely. Its always been worst in the morning. I haven't taken anything for it in over 8 years. Just managed my diet and anxiety and accept its going to happen once in a while. I'm up to 180lbs now and trying to lean out a little.

When you say "it" happens once in a while, do you me just D or the urgency factor? I know this is an odd question but your bowels are normal now like firm or are they loose and D like but with no urgency factor? Only recently did i start to accept the fact that i am an overly stressed person, I guess i keep it packed in and my body pays the price for my short comings. And anxiety is something i started to realize is more of a factor in mine, I need to start experimenting with new prescriptions until i find another combo that works to beat it and maybe get this under control.

lla23 is offline Junior Member
    Did u do any tests for ur gut health? To find out any food allergies ? Will be advisable to use supplements like glutamine, glycine, probiotic & prebiotics , increase fiber intake or supplement, digestive supplement, water intake..
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyHIT
    First off I would like to start off by saying I've researched this topic to only find more dead ends. I would like to know if testosterone cypionate could help with IBS-D. I've been diagnosed with low t and I have finally found a doctor that will help me boost my T. I've read on this forum and other sites that it has helped, and I would like to know in which way that it has helped them. I'm 24 years old and I've had IBS-D my entire life and only till about 7 months ago did I finally get it going to where i could eat anything i wanted and have no repercussion from it. Well that short lived victory was great and now i'm in more pain than ever. I lift 4 days a week and eat very clean, but when I got my medications right i splurged more because i didn't know what it felt like to eat and not have to use the bathroom. I've read cypionate levels hormone levels and in return makes IBS-D less existent. Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    mine went away once I started restricting gluten intake.. .for symptoms Gaviscon up to 6 tabs at a time worked great..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Removing of gluten is great, but taking Gaviscon is not the long term solution... There are better and effective ways to improve ibs..
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    mine went away once I started restricting gluten intake.. .for symptoms Gaviscon up to 6 tabs at a time worked great..
    Last edited by spywizard; 08-05-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyHIT View Post
    When you say "it" happens once in a while, do you me just D or the urgency factor? I know this is an odd question but your bowels are normal now like firm or are they loose and D like but with no urgency factor? Only recently did i start to accept the fact that i am an overly stressed person, I guess i keep it packed in and my body pays the price for my short comings. And anxiety is something i started to realize is more of a factor in mine, I need to start experimenting with new prescriptions until i find another combo that works to beat it and maybe get this under control.
    Generally everything is normal. Once in a while generally in the morning I'll have to go right away. When that happens its usually loose. The main problem is having to go very suddenly and you know how uncomfortable and crippling it can be. Try controlling your anxiety. I think you would be amazed at how much of a factor it is.

I tried gluten free diet, kept a food log for the doc to review. There really wasn't anything that I could cut out to cure this. Its more of a matter of eating properly portioned meals spread out throughout the day.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by lla23 View Post
    Removing of gluten is great, but taking Gaviscon is not the long term solution... There are better and effective ways to improve ibs..
    I'd agree with you, however i provided my solution that was effective for me.. my own experience ..

that in the end was effective in eliminating the ibs
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Its different for everyone. This condition affects people in different ways. If there was one solution that fits all we wouldnt be suffering with this still. Got to try different things.

U can try cooking bone broth or stews soup.. It helps with e gut health too..

Quote Originally Posted by Rv8G30

Generally everything is normal. Once in a while generally in the morning I'll have to go right away. When that happens its usually loose. The main problem is having to go very suddenly and you know how uncomfortable and crippling it can be. Try controlling your anxiety. I think you would be amazed at how much of a factor it is.

I've have had every test imaginable along with the standard colonoscopy and endoscope, not a single food allergy was found. I do honestly believe its my anxiety and I have never heard of Gaviscon, how does that work?

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyHIT View Post
    I've have had every test imaginable along with the standard colonoscopy and endoscope, not a single food allergy was found. I do honestly believe its my anxiety and I have never heard of Gaviscon, how does that work?
    helps with bloatedness and acidity. you can get it OTC.

Have u ever use herb supplement to control ur anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by AD

helps with bloatedness and acidity. you can get it OTC.

AD
    Have u ever use herb supplement to control ur anxiety?
    off topic, junior

Not off topic, thats what he said, "I do honestly believe its my anxiety"

Last edited by lla23; 08-06-2013 at 12:48 AM.

AD
    Not off topic, thats what he said, "I do honestly believe its my anxiety"
    ok. i may be confused. cos you quoted me and ask me how i treat my anxiety in post #17

It's alright my man..haha

Quote Originally Posted by AD

ok. i may be confused. cos you quoted me and ask me how i treat my anxiety in post #17

It's alright my man..haha
    I didn't know herbal supplements could help anxiety, I'm prone to depression and lately (last year or so maybe less) i'm starting to take notice that i get "worried" about stupid things that normally I wouldn't get stressed about. I know for a fact that my stress levels must be helping cause this, because as a kid i had this but when you look at this from the grand scale of things, it got worse as i became more self aware of whats going on and the problem equally became worse. As a kid i never thought anything of it. I'd trade anything to feel normal again. Not to mention having low-t to boot doesn't make it any better, i feel like i lost my brain sometimes, because i can't remember what i did 30 seconds ago....just bad luck or poor genetics i suppose.

There are herbal supplements that could help calming the mind down.. If u r open to changes.. Even chinese accuputure, yoga or pilates helps calming it down..not everything works for everybody.. But u got to try.. There's supplements help to improve neurotransmitter (brain) function.. I dun sell it but I hv help people with problems like urs.. But it takes time to get improve, u cant rush it.. PM if u need help, i can guide u..

I didn't know herbal supplements could help anxiety, I'm prone to depression and lately (last year or so maybe less) i'm starting to take notice that i get "worried" about stupid things that normally I wouldn't get stressed about. I know for a fact that my stress levels must be helping cause this, because as a kid i had this but when you look at this from the grand scale of things, it got worse as i became more self aware of whats going on and the problem equally became worse. As a kid i never thought anything of it. I'd trade anything to feel normal again. Not to mention having low-t to boot doesn't make it any better, i feel like i lost my brain sometimes, because i can't remember what i did 30 seconds ago....just bad luck or poor genetics i suppose.

Thread Information