big N is offline Anabolic Member

some one with blood pressure knowledge

k got my bp takein at the pharmacy by one of theior machines.it high i think 152 /66 then itb flashed a P 103 how bad is this ??i stoped my dbol cuase i think that might be one fo the cuases.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    152/66 is great! your pulse was just high.

enhanced is offline Junior Member
    dude i dont know much about BP but i can tell u that those machines arnt accurate espicailly if ur arms are bigger then 17 inches

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Well actually your systolic bp (152) is a bit high. Normal is around 130 i believe. My doc told me that the diastolic number is what you should really be worried about, and that number should be idealy 70, so an ideal bp reading usually comes out to be around 130/70. Now, if your diastolic # gets in the high 90s and above, then you should worry, and discontinue whatever it is that may be doing it.
    I also always see a direct relationship in my sodium intake and bp reading. Lowering Na intake is always a good idea imo

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Hey bro, If your arm is over 16", then the machine can't be trusted

You need a stethascope and a watch

pflat1 is offline New Member
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails some one with blood pressure knowledge-bp.jpg  

my arm is 17 1/4 cold pheedno. so my puls rate was high ???hmm i think the dbol was fuckin me up just stoped takinthema nd see what happens i also uppen my femera doped all salt completely and increased water intake .see what happens . so ur saying 66 is ok ?

Farmer is offline Member
    Make sure you weren't doing any strenous before you sat down to take your BP. Even walking up stairs to get to the machine can raise your pulse, it varies from person to person but 104 is high and it probably was due to something other than what I mentioned. Also, I read in an article a few days ago that the norm "120/80" is on the brink of being revised and now doctors are going to consider that "pre-hypertension". So the new norm would be 115/75 and I know a lot of people do not fall into that category..at least people I know.

Peace

Farmer

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    you should also take it a few times to get an average instead of just one time. little stressors (such as taking your bp) can raise your pressure above normal

k bros thansk for ur reply but how bad is it like say on ascale 1-10 ? 6 ?

Big N those machines aren't too accurate. I've used them myself and I'll get two totally different readings. If really concerned about your BP I would suggest maybe going to see your doc. I know that when I'm cycling my BP increases, but I don't get really too worried about because I don't expirience any sides. If you start to have feelings of lightheadedness/dizziness/vertigo/headaches, etc., it may be time either cut back on the anabolics or have your hypertension treated through medication. Normal BP for a healthy adult is 120/80; normal resting heart rate is 60-100, anything above 100 is considered tachycardic. If you want to get the most accurate reading its best to take your vitals first thing in the A.M. before any physical activity or the consumption of any meals.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Farmer is right, a new set of guidelines just came out that considers anything >120 and <139 "pre-hypertensive" which, according to these new guidelines, should be treated.

Having a transiently elevated BP for several weeks is not that big of a deal, you get into trouble when it becomes chronic.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    I was thinkinga bout this after taking my bp on one of those the other day and feeling like the damn thing was gonna pinch off my arm.... since there is greater "pressure" against the pad since your arm is bigger wouldn't that cause those things to read high? And btw the machines itself say an arm bigger or smaller than 9-13 will cause it to not be accurate.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    Actually, how many people do you know who bodybuild/weightlift and are "larger" than the average person who have a BP <120/80? I guarantee it is not very many. It runs with the territory. Running an androgenic cycle will almost always cause a transient increase in BP. You may think so what, but think again if you consider the total amount of time on gear/year. Most people cycle for at least half of the year if not more. So this may equate to having HTN for half of the year. Not so great. And even though you don't feel any of the ill side effects doesn't mean it is ok. Remember that HTN really does not have any signs and symptoms. The main signs and symptoms come years down the road when the damage to the organs has already been done. That's what sucks about high blood pressure. So if you have high BP, and are concerned about it.....do something! You do have options. Lots of people take antihypertensives during cycles to combat HTN. I would much rather someone do this, than just think that it only effects them while they are "on" and once they come off it will normalize. Don't be afraid to take control of your health cuz it's your life. So if you have high BP and you are concerned ,what should you do? Well first off, the best thing you can do is get a home monitoring kit so you can monitor yourself and keep track of your readings. The advantages of home or self monitoring are many, including eliminating any possibilities of "white coat HTN", or having your BP jump up just cuz your in clinic having it tested (possibly leading to misdiagnosis). It also puts you in control of taking the readings so you know what is going on with your body and knowing for sure if you do have HTN or not. The best home kit you can buy are the aneroid machines. They have the bulb you squeeze to inflate the cuff, they have the needle on the clock-like dial to read the numbers, and they have a built in stethescope so you can listen to your own heart sounds--good cuz it lets you detect any abnormal beats or palpitations. You need to make sure the cuff size (if your arm is >16'') is at ~ 12X40 cm (1 inch = 2.54 cm, and I'll let you do the math if you need to convert) and that the bladder encompasses at least 80% of your arm. This will provide more accurate readings. I guarantee most of the machines in the grocery stores are not made for an arm >14-15 inches. Having a cuff that is too small gives false high readings. Learning to listen for the heart sounds that make up systolic and diastolic is not difficult to do, and I think everyone should at least know how to do this. Once you get the cuff on your arm, it should have an indicator that lets you know where to align it with your brachial artery. You want the cuff to be ~ 1 inch above the antecubital fossa (the inner part of our elbow). You can inflate the cuff while listening for any heart sounds, then when you hear none, inflate it about 30 mmHg higher to make sure you have gone high enough. Slowly deflate (about 2-3 mmHg/second) until you hear the very first heart sound, and this will be your systolic #. Keep listening until the sounds slowly fade away, and the last one you hear will be your diastolic. It may take a few times to get the hang of it, but you will get it. Monitor 3-4 times/day and at least 3-4 times/week. Record your numbers over the course of 1-2 weeks. There is argument on what is considered the safe zone and what is not. I would say if you were on cycle and you measure >140/90 (and yeah, go ahead and argue with me), then consider taking action. You may find that lifestyle modifications work fine if your BP is not too elevated. For some though, medication may need to be considered. You will find that many things elevate your BP, and that it literally changes minute to minute. So by averaging the readings you will get a better understanding of what is really going on with your BP. Good luck!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    BigN,
    That really isn't that bad considering you were on Dbol . I don't think I would be overly concerned unless like stated by Longhorn and Ichabod it is something that stays chronically high. As far as the heart rate that is pretty high but could be contributed to a couple of things. I would definetely take it several more times and then if it remains elevated even after cessation of the dbol I would look into some natural OTC supplements that help with BP. If they don't work of course you may be forced to get medication.

thanks guys.

Thread Information