Thread: cutting

valique is offline Junior Member

cutting

hi, my question is when your on a cutting cycle, winny, anavar ,fina, eq, etc . and whant to put no lean mass, how are you supose to eat? will you still be able to put on some good pound of muscle with a low carb diet?

MUSTANG_18 is offline Associate Member
    It all depends on the person..There is not set diet for everyone as we are all diffrent. Diet is really Trial and Error. I have tried many diffrent diets and I have found one for me that allows me to add muscle while losing body fat. I took the amount that I bulk on(4600-4800 cals) and the amount that I cut on(2400-2600 cals) and basically started eating in the middle of that (around 3300-3600 cals) and found out that is what it took. I eat 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight and try to limit my fat intake to come from Salmon, EFA's and Flax oil..I eat about 200-250 carbs a day MAX coming from mostly complex carbs except for post workout where I take in about 50 simple carbs. Try a couple diffrent things and see what works best for you..Good luck!

M18

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Hey M18 are those cal. intakes while you're on cycle or just normal??

Originally posted by GenuinePL
    Hey M18 are those cal. intakes while you're on cycle or just normal??
    Those are generally while I am on cycle...I will up the cal intake while off by a couple hundred or so just so I am able to maintain my current mass. I also do cardio 15-20min a day at a medium pace 4-5 times a week..If I can lose fat gradually with this system (which I have been doing) then I see no reason to ever have to go through the dieting and extreme cardio hell that I have in past years, and I think that is something all people will agree with me on.

M18

verdeda is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by MUSTANG_18
    It all depends on the person..There is not set diet for everyone as we are all diffrent. Diet is really Trial and Error. I have tried many diffrent diets and I have found one for me that allows me to add muscle while losing body fat. I took the amount that I bulk on(4600-4800 cals) and the amount that I cut on(2400-2600 cals) and basically started eating in the middle of that (around 3300-3600 cals) and found out that is what it took. I eat 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight and try to limit my fat intake to come from Salmon, EFA's and Flax oil..I eat about 200-250 carbs a day MAX coming from mostly complex carbs except for post workout where I take in about 50 simple carbs. Try a couple diffrent things and see what works best for you..Good luck!

M18
    That diet looks good.What were or are your stats when you put together that diet? I myself am trying to hammer out a diet for a good cutting cycle. I have my journal from when I competed last year (naturally). I`m trying to figure out how I can switch it around so it will be effective while on a cutting cycle.

Originally posted by verdeda

That diet looks good.What were or are your stats when you put together that diet? I myself am trying to hammer out a diet for a good cutting cycle. I have my journal from when I competed last year (naturally). I`m trying to figure out how I can switch it around so it will be effective while on a cutting cycle.
    I started this diet on my last cycle..I started the cycle at 215-215 and about 17%body fat (guess) and am currently 210 at 11% body fat (guess) that is in a spane on a 12 week cycle and an 8 week time off period. The bodt fat is not accutare as I have not had it tested and just going by a guess

M18

Thread Information