zodia is offline Female Member

questions about var

hey all. I'm getting ready to start a cycle of var and had a couple questions, but first my stats....

30yo
    strength training 2 years( emphasis on strength not bb)
    18-19%bf( got it done about month ago).
    lifts are all intermediate but been stuck for a while now. diet is 50p/30c/20f and get 140+ protein.

my two big questions are
    as a strength lifter I only lift 3x week. should I lift more often while on cycle
    how much over maintence should I eat

thanks

DexterMorgan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What's your main goal?

strength and a bigger butt to be honest. I've squatted the entire two years and it's helped but genetics hasn't helped much. ha ha I don't plan on competing fitness or anything like that. I would like to someday be about 16% and not look like a twig in the process.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    That's honest. I have a black man's ass on my white body from consistent heavy squats.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by zodia
    strength and a bigger butt to be honest. I've squatted the entire two years and it's helped but genetics hasn't helped much. ha ha I don't plan on competing fitness or anything like that. I would like to someday be about 16% and not look like a twig in the process.

Well you have to eat to grow. Whatever weight you want to reach should be like how you eat. You don't have to lift more often, but you can lift with more intensity. I normally lift more and with more intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    That's honest. I have a black man's ass on my white body from consistent heavy squats.
    so does my husband. lol

Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg View Post
    Well you have to eat to grow. Whatever weight you want to reach should be like how you eat. You don't have to lift more often, but you can lift with more intensity. I normally lift more and with more intensity.
    So are we taking +500 cal or more? I obviously want to eat enough but not excessively. So I could possibly add another day and more intensity?

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Training 3 days a week , yikes, I duno what I would do with myself. Even on rest days I find myself in the gym doing light cardio and stretching/foam rolling...I just like getting out of the house I guess.
    diet is 50p/30c/20f and get 140+ protein.
    Little confused about this, you eat 30carbs a day?

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    Training 3 days a week , yikes, I duno what I would do with myself. Even on rest days I find myself in the gym doing light cardio and stretching/foam rolling...I just like getting out of the house I guess.

Little confused about this, you eat 30carbs a day?
    those are percent. 50% protein/30% carbs/20% fats of my total caloric intake. when you lift for strength you don't lift more than 3x week.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by zodia

So are we taking +500 cal or more? I obviously want to eat enough but not excessively. So I could possibly add another day and more intensity?
    IMO to do a lean bulk you need to know exact what you maintence calories are. Then I would only add 200-300 calories on to that. Head over to the diet section and confirm what I'm saying, but that's what I would recommend.

As you grow so does your diet. It's a marathon, not a sprint. If you add to much, to soon you will be doing a "dirty bulk" meaning gaining fat also.

Thanks t-dogg. I do know my maintence level so I'll start with +200-300. thanks

Thread Information