alexistheboss15 is offline Junior Member

Athletes on AAS vs Average UK citizen (Health) (Discussion)

Alright, picture this, a 25 year old athlete, he/she has taken AAS since 20-21, and has been training since 16ish.
    Has done good cycles, followed guide lines, has good diet, has good training program and is at the top of his game.

Now picture a 25 year old UK citizen, he/she eats fast food on a daily basis, is overweight, smokes, drinks once-twice a week, does Ecstacy and weed recreationally and sleeps very little while never exercising.

I would think that the athlete is way healthier, and in a better condition both academically and physically and in terms of health.

Would you agree?

Would this also not mean that AAS is not that bad of an idea if you are an athlete since if you do it right it has very little impact on your health compared to the average person?
    Would AAS in fact improve a persons lifestyle perhaps?

I am not trying to get an excuse to use, I am only 18 and too young for AAS, I was just seeing if you people agree with my statements. Now I am young and immature, so if I said something stupid just correct me, no need for caps or shouting.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No I don't agree, taking steroids when you are not fully developed could be far more catastrophic.

Who said anything about not fully developed?
    20-21 seems to be old enough for some males.
    Most athletes start way sooner.

I don't disagree with you, starting AAS before your HTPA and growth have matured is dangerous.
    But for quite a few people by 20-21 their HTPA/Growth has matured.

I know the perfect safe age is 23ish, but by 20-21 I think (from what i've read) most people are pretty much adults.

Zodiac85 is offline Associate Member
    How can you have 40+ posts on this site, and not have read enough threads to know that 25 is considered the safe age here. This is for very well thought out reasons that you may or may not agree with. It gets brought up several times a day, and in multiple sticky threads.

My 2 cents: Just because it may be (highly debatable) better than being an average unhealthy person, doesn't imply that it's in any way good. No one is recommending you be an average unhealthy person either. There are certainly other options that are far better than both that you are comparing.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Although very people find the correct information in the real world by the time they have tried their first cycle of steroids , 25 is in fact the age that is considered "safe" so to speak to start a cycle. Endocrine sys has matured and growth plates have closed by now. Also natty test may still be high but for some steadily starts falling by this age.

As for your question I have no idea.

Is there any way to test when your HTPA is ready?
    I mean growth plates you can test with X-Ray, but HTPA?

AlphaMike is offline Productive Member
    A few ppl can probably get away with cycling early and be "healthier" than the comparison you gave( BTW is that what you consider an average UK citizen?) This thread seems like your attempt to validate your desire to use AAS.

Zodiac85 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMike View Post
    A few ppl can probably get away with cycling early and be "healthier" than the comparison you gave( BTW is that what you consider an average UK citizen?) This thread seems like your attempt to validate your desire to use AAS.
    Indeed. Seems like you should be comparing the health of an average natural athlete with the health of one that started aas at 20 years old. That would make the answer more clear, I think.

spiralkut is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexistheboss15 View Post
    Alright, picture this, a 25 year old athlete, he/she has taken AAS since 20-21, and has been training since 16ish.
    Has done good cycles, followed guide lines, has good diet, has good training program and is at the top of his game.

Now picture a 25 year old UK citizen, he/she eats fast food on a daily basis, is overweight, smokes, drinks once-twice a week, does Ecstacy and weed recreationally and sleeps very li

I would think that the athlete is way healthier, and in a better condition both academically and physically and in terms of health.

Would you agree?

Would this also not mean that AAS is not that bad of an idea if you are an athlete since if you do it right it has very little impact on your health compared to the average person?
    Would AAS in fact improve a persons lifestyle perhaps?

I am not trying to get an excuse to use, I am only 18 and too young for AAS, I was just seeing if you people agree with my statements. Now I am young and immature, so if I said something stupid just correct me, no need for caps or shouting.

this is the most retarded shit i have ever seen

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Lol. Spiral. Well put

Op I get your train of thought but the logic is flawed. Neither option is healthy. The healthy choice is athlete, no drugs. AAS have cardiovascular effects just as bad as eating a high fat diet if not worse. The choice to use them is a life affecting decision. At 18 you have no concept of time yet. I hope youre not trying to justify a decision to try a shortcut to getting big and having a large female fan club. There really aren't any short cuts. Surveys actually show that women prefer low body fat, that chiseled look, regardless of mass. Bodybuilders are the only people who care about mass.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There are so many variables here that nobody can give a definite answer.

Thread Information