Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marcus300

Thread: 2 abscess in 3 weeks.

michael00032 is offline New Member

2 abscess in 3 weeks.

Yup a few weeks ago I had my first ever abscess in my left glute. Got a fever real fast among other symptoms. Used a 23g to pull out 9 ml and got antibiotics from the doc. Before I finished the 10 day antibiotic, I had another on my right glute with the same symptoms. This one is spread out so I will leave it up to the doc tomorrow to drain the ****er.

Health wise I'm not taking any chances so I'm keeping the doctor involved. However I want to know why. My injection technique is good so I'm crossing that off the list. Is it the gear crashing? It's a new supplier could it be my body rejecting what it was mixed with? I had 11 days of test flu from the prop when I began the cycle. When is it safe to pin there again or will it became a reoccurring issue?

**** the cycle I think. 25 days of the 7 weeks on I have been sick from gear related issues. What a waste.

Thanks
    Last edited by michael00032; 10-16-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Ibasmusi is offline Junior Member
    Well first off it is in no way your body "rejecting" anything. Im sure you know- an abscess is bacteria buildup. It is from improper injecting technique. How are you drawing up your gear? I need you to tell me exactly step by step what you do for me to have some kind of idea to help you.

Wipe the vial top down, allow it to dry, use a fresh 23g to draw, replace the cap, shower, wipe down the inj site, while it dries heat the 23g under hot water, switch to a fresh 25g asp and inject.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by michael00032 View Post
    Wipe the vial top down, allow it to dry, use a fresh 23g to draw, replace the cap, shower, wipe down the inj site, while it dries heat the 23g under hot water, switch to a fresh 25g asp and inject.
    I don't like the issue of running warm or cold or anything on my syringe. But yes you can do it. But more possibility of getting some bacteria around it If pinning in the glute with 25G what length and how deep. Have you asked anyone about your specific gear? ...just asking ...crazy mike

You can be allergic to what oil is being used? find out about the oil and an allergy ?
    Last edited by crazy mike; 10-16-2013 at 11:07 PM.

It's the same technique I have used for years and it's baffling that it happened twice so close together for the first time. I push a 1" as deep as it will go. I know a 1 1/2 would probably be ideal but I have injected there countless times with no problems so I can't help but to assume it's serviceable. No I haven't asked anyone. I suspect it because of the suppliers short esters giving me 11 days of flu before I finally had to discontinue using it and just wait out the long esters.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post

You can be allergic to what oil is being used? find out about the oil and an allergy ?
    That's what I was thinking. Might just switch back to my original supplier.

It's the same technique I have used for years and it's baffling that it happened twice so close together for the first time. I push a 1" as deep as it will go. I know a 1 1/2 would probably be ideal but I have injected there countless times with no problems so I can't help but to assume it's serviceable. No I haven't asked anyone. I suspect it because of the suppliers short esters giving me 11 days of flu before I finally had to discontinue using it and just wait out the long esters.
    AH ha!!! hey man you didn't say or most probably I didn't see what are you pinning exactly. Is this a blend and if so what's in it, please ? I know it's prob moot now but just asking. ...cm

One inch is fine you know that

It was test e, mast e, and primo to begin with but after the first abscess I cut it all out except the test. I was thinking I was trying to push too much oil past the scar tissue.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like dirty gear, what ugl you running?

Maybe but unlikely. Without saying too much, this supplier is known for his high quality gear. Ugl?

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Sounds like dirty gear as redz said, but one last Q. are there any other esters in your Test only? Just a Q's of curiosity. ...cm

Any thoughts on if/when to return to the site?

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    Sounds like dirty gear as redz said, but one last Q. are there any other esters in your Test only? Just a Q's of curiosity. ...cm
    None at this point in the cycle. I gave up on the short esters on day 11 and I'm on week 7 now.

None at this point in the cycle. I gave up on the short esters on day 11 and I'm on week 7 now.
    Cool man, well hang in there and be as safe as you can. Stay in touch with your doctor and give us an update when you can. Wishing you well, the old ...crazy mike

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My suspicion as well. Johnson's and Johnson's has been a reputable producer of many home and healthcare products for years, but follow the news over the past two years and they've had a spat of code violations and tainted products. Just because someone is in business for a long time doesn't guarantee sterility or safety. That has to be monitored each time a compound is processed and formulated. Have you tried autoclaving your product?

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Two abscess it's got to be dirty gear

Zodiac85 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Have you tried autoclaving your product?
    OP, you probably know this, but you can do this at home with a $30 pressure cooker. Check out the Lab forum if you want more info.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Throw your gear away, its shite
    EasyDoesIt likes this.

Thanks for all the input guys. Consider it trashed. Still have the question about whether or not the injection site can be used again and if so when will I know it's g2g?
    Last edited by michael00032; 10-17-2013 at 10:19 AM.

whether or not the injection site can be used again and if so when will I know it's g2g?
    Nobody has an opinion? That's odd...

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michael00032

Nobody has an opinion? That's odd...
    When it doesn't hurt like a b1tch.

You have plenty of other areas though. Pin a new one

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    It sounds to me like you are contaminating something with your technique, causing the abcesses. Btw, are they abcesses or infections? There is a difference- an abcess is caused by a foreign particle (aka dirty gear), whereas an infection is caused by bacteria.

Draw the oil out of the vials, filter through a sterile .2um pvdf syringe filter into a new sterile vial, autoclave with a pressure cooker and you are good to go. If you continue to get abcesses after that, you are contaminating something with your injection protocol.

Dont run water over your syringe. Ever.
    If you MUST heat your oil up prior to injecting, set it on your coffee pot warmer plate for a couple mins, don't use hot water in the sink.... You are just asking to get bacteria into the syringe doing that (tap water is not sterile, as should be obvious)

Hell, if you are swabbing the top of the vial and leaving any fibers from the swab on the top of the vial, that could potentially give you an abcess as well. Just because your technique has worked for so long does not mean it is proper or acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by BBJT200 View Post
    It sounds to me like you are contaminating something with your technique, causing the abcesses. Btw, are they abcesses or infections? There is a difference- an abcess is caused by a foreign particle (aka dirty gear), whereas an infection is caused by bacteria.

Draw the oil out of the vials, filter through a sterile .2um pvdf syringe filter into a new sterile vial, autoclave with a pressure cooker and you are good to go. If you continue to get abcesses after that, you are contaminating something with your injection protocol.

If you MUST heat your oil up prior to injecting, set it on your coffee pot warmer plate for a couple mins, don't use hot water in the sink.... You are just asking to get bacteria into the syringe doing that (tap water is not sterile, as should be obvious)

Hell, if you are swabbing the top of the vial and leaving any fibers from the swab on the top of the vial, that could potentially give you an abcess as well. Just because your technique has worked for so long does not mean it is proper or acceptable.
    I'm not going to run water on it anymore. The fibers might also be an issue with this vial as well. Regardless I'm trashing the gear and starting pct. I'll use this as a learning experience and get ready for the next one. Thanks everyone.

Good deal and good n safe decision. ...crazy mike

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJT200 View Post
    It sounds to me like you are contaminating something with your technique, causing the abcesses.

How do you figure?

Btw, are they abcesses or infections? There is a difference- an abcess is caused by a foreign particle (aka dirty gear), whereas an infection is caused by bacteria.
    A sterile abscess can be caused by rejected foreign matter without any bacteria present. A septic abscess is one caused by a pathogen (with or without rejected foreign matter). The latter would involve an infection.
    And an abscess is just a pocket of inflamed tissue.

If you keep the cap on the syringe and keep the water on the barrel of the syringe, there is no issue.

See bold.

trigger happy is offline Junior Member
    i was told using needles that are not long enough can make them appear easier. Not sure if its right or not but hey worth a shot

Thread Information