Glaive is offline New Member

Aspiration Blood Left Glute Multiple times

Hey guys, first time poster. I can not seem to find anyone having the same issue as me. This is my third cycle I have always aspirated and have never run into issues before with blood in my syringe or anything bad at all with injections. My current cycle I am mixing Tren Ace and Test Prop in the same vial and shooting EoD. For the first 4 weeks I had no issues. I switched between my glutes and quad's rotating around to avoid scar tissue and other complications with injecting too often in the same places. Well I found that my Quads were hurting fairly bad, super sore and do to injecting Eod even with the rotation it was really hurting my lifting performance on my leg days as well as cardio. I have a very physical job in which I must perform and so I decided to only inject in my Glutes.... This was still fine for 3 weeks or so. No issues at all and I am uncertain if all of the aforementioned even correlates. Long story short and to get to my Problem......

The last 4 injections in my left Glute I have drawn blood. Every time I have repinned and been fine. One of the times I got blood twice in my glute so I moved to my Quad again. I have been moving all up and down my glute... really trying not to hit the same spot (granted it is kinda hard to inject back there as a big guy so I do have limited mobility when I reach around). It looks like venal bleeding and appears normal in color (brick red) I was worried I may have an abscess but the blood is a constant color, I have no pain, and there is no swelling or other symptoms of infection or abscess and it has been 2 weeks since the first failed injection. What do you guys think is going on? You think it is just user **** up paired with unluckyness? This is just really unlikely in my mind because I have injected hundreds and hundreds of times without this happening. Any advice I would appreciate and if I left anything our let me know I will answer.

As a note: This is not debilitating I just repin and inject or inject elsewhere but it sure is a pain in the ass. Also; I do not want to waste money on two needles every injection like the guides tell you. I just repin with the same needle. Sure it is a little dull but the pain is worth the money of the needle to me haha.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would take a break from injecting that spot. Check spotinjections.com for more injection spots.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I would take a break from injecting that spot. Check spotinjections.com for more injection spots.
    Def stay away as there is too much swelling.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Does the blood come rushing in or is it just a small amount sucked up during aspiration? If it's the latter...I would push it.

Glaive is offline New Member
    The blood trickles in. It does not "rush" in. However I did experiment a bit when I saw blood for the third time and continued to pull up to see if it would stop and it does not. If I keep pulling up on it then mroe and more blood enters the syringe.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaive View Post
    The blood trickles in. It does not "rush" in. However I did experiment a bit when I saw blood for the third time and continued to pull up to see if it would stop and it does not. If I keep pulling up on it then mroe and more blood enters the syringe.
    Just shoot elsewhere.

1gearhead is offline New Member
    Personally I love shooting in chest... so much simpler than trying to reach around or look in mirror.... switch up your locations you will be happy...

easterbunny is offline Junior Member
    The purpose of aspirating is to make sure you are in the muscle, and not a vein... If you have aspirated blood, you HAVE nicked a vein; whether its "in it" or not remains to be seen. A side note, I hope you are only using the superior/lateral quadrant of your glute, lest you hit your sciatica nerve.

"Absorption" happens in this order: artery > IV > IM > SC > dermal. A reason why insulin is not administered IV, unless you are hypoglycemic coma territory.

Very funny/retro videos on u-tube from the 1950's showing how it should be done courtesy of the american army... True story.

EDIT. Dont give insulin to hypo people! sry
    Last edited by easterbunny; 10-27-2013 at 02:01 AM. Reason: mistake

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by easterbunny View Post
    The purpose of aspirating is to make sure you are in the muscle, and not a vein... If you have aspirated blood, you HAVE nicked a vein; whether its "in it" or not remains to be seen. A side note, I hope you are only using the superior/lateral quadrant of your glute, lest you hit your sciatica nerve.

"Absorption" happens in this order: artery > IV > IM > SC > dermal. A reason why insulin is not administered IV, unless you are hypoglycemic coma territory.

Very funny/retro videos on u-tube from the 1950's showing how it should be done courtesy of the american army... True story.
    Wouldn't insulin use be contraindicated with hypoglycemia and rather used with hyperglycemia?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

To the OP, with short esters you'll need to inject in other muscle groups than just quads and glutes due to injection frequency.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

John Andrew is offline Member
    Mate, I have problems as well cos its hard to reach and some of us are small. Takes me 30 minutes warm up to get a squat bar on my back.

My wife gives me all needles, I can never feel a thing, she gave me 3 pins in theglutes yesterday, Test C, Tren E and Deca . I could not even feel the pins. 23 guage 1 and 1/2 inch.

The only time she had problems we did our own Phlebotomy, 18 gauge, blood was too thick, pin came out 9 times! Bloody red cross Thailand. ( I am too old ) Blood everywhere!

Get a helper. Even a mate at the gym, steady hands! Good luck, John

easterbunny is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Wouldn't insulin use be contraindicated with hypoglycemia and rather used with hyperglycemia?
    My bad, glucagon (often with K+) is used IV when hypo. Reading and not thinking... sry -.- Only an r-tard would give insulin to a hypo patient.

...Though doesn't make my technique point mute.

SC: there is no need for aspiration nor aseptic technique; IM different story. If SC or IV was just as effective, it would be done. If you aspirate blood when IM, you have nicked a vein or may be in it and need to re-place your needle (no need to change at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by easterbunny View Post
    ..... Only an r-tard would give insulin to a hypo patient....
    Absolutely agree. I just like to be careful....especially when it comes to insulin. There are quite a few that experiment with it and unfortunately there are some that do not even have a glucometer.

Thread Information