paparoach429 is offline New Member

Simple first question

My first and only cycle I ever took was a D-Bol only cycle. Stupid, yes I know and will never do it again. I was young, dumb, and uninformed about steroids at the time. I did get stronger, slightly bigger but ofcourse lost it all soon after the cycle. I got a cold near the end of my cycle and thought it was due to the cycle so I didn't start my pct until a week later. Again, stupid I know. My question is why are Dbol only cycles not used and frowned upon? Obviously D-Bol only cycles aren't worth the money and time for such a small gain but why is it so hard to keep the small gains? After all they are a steroid . Does it simply just not work well by itself? Like I said it was a very stupid first cycle and am not recommending it to anyone else. Just a question out of curiosity.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    The base of any cycle should always be test. Any aas you take will shut down your pituitary axis(hpta), shutting off your natural production of test so you replace it with exogenous test. It isn't that simple, shutdown of hpta involves a lot more than just test but that's the basic idea behind why you shouldn't take dbol , or tren , or winny, or anything else without a test base.

It's also a good idea (essential imo) to run hcg with any cycle.

The science behind all of this is in the aas forum. Or google.

So basically since your test drops so low when coming off of a cycle your body cant maintain the gains off of a regular pct?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paparoach429
    So basically since your test drops so low when coming off of a cycle your body cant maintain the gains off of a regular pct?
    No. An exogenous (outside the body) steroid will create a negative feedback loop such that your HTPA will down regulate your own testosterone and suppress production. Your PCT is part of the process to restart your own natural testosterone.

Keeping gains depends on part, your neuroendocrine system restarting, but more importantly it depends on maintaining the caloric intake that produced the gains during your cycle. You don't keep up that caloric intake, you WILL lose gains.

Quote Originally Posted by paparoach429 View Post
    Your natural test production doesn't get low, it shuts OFF when you introduce aas. A test base keeps the systems dependent on testosterone happy during your cycle by replacing what youre not producing. Since dbol is not testosterone it cannot serve that purpose.

The purpose of pct is to restart that natural production. If done correctly and youre eating enough to support it, you should keep the lbm gains. You'll lose weight always, but it's water retention aka bloat that youre losing.

Hcg will keep you from shutting down in the first place . I never cycle without hcg anymore. Pct is a breeze when you take hcg throughout your cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    No. An exogenous (outside the body) steroid will create a negative feedback loop such that your HTPA will down regulate your own testosterone and suppress production. Your PCT is part of the process to restart your own natural testosterone.

Keeping gains depends on part, your neuroendocrine system restarting, but more importantly it depends on maintaining the caloric intake that produced the gains during your cycle. You don't keep up that caloric intake, you WILL lose gains.
    We answered at the same time lol. What he said!

Ok cool, now I understand better what went wrong. Is real hcg as readily available as "research" nolva and clomid?

Quote Originally Posted by paparoach429 View Post
    Ok cool, now I understand better what went wrong. Is real hcg as readily available as "research" nolva and clomid?
    HCG isn't as easily available but not that hard to find.

Thread Information