Wizwell is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

HCG injection bruise

I've gotten a quarter sized bruise on two of my last four HCG injections. ( subQ in stomach ) I've never had this problem injecting HCG in the past. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm doing .25ml/250iu twice weekly. I alternate sides of my navel.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    do you pinch the skin up a little to prevent the needle from going too deep? how far from the navel to you pin?

or you can just apply direct pressure to the injection site for a minute or 2.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AD
    do you pinch the skin up a little to prevent the needle from going too deep? how far from the navel to you pin?

Sounds like a hematoma. What size needle do you use?

Follow above advice.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    and if you see a red or blue line just under the skin, don't aim for it!

Wizwell is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    It's an insulin syringe. I inject a couple of inches to the side of my navel, alternating sides. I've done this many times without issue. Now I've bruised twice in the last four pins. I can't figure out why.
    I've done it both ways. With or without pinching. I usually pinch though.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Is there any pain?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Are you taking aspirin or any corticosteroids? When was your last blood work and were platelets normal?

It's likely nothing. I inject people almost daily and several times a year I get hematomas from HGH into my abdominal area.

If the bruising occurs more frequently or spontaneously, this is a more serious condition and should be evaluated by your MD.

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post

I bet its ^ the bolded part. At least thats what happened to me periodically.

Dr Crisler said in a utube vid not to pinch the skin, iirc, cuz it might traumatize the skin. I think I have that right. But when I didn't lift the skin somehow, I went too deep and got quarter sized bruises (black and blue).

As soon as I started lifting the skin and injecting just under the skin, everything was fine and have NOT had a bruise since.

When he talked about traumatizing the skin with a sub q injection, he was talking test, not hcg , but I would think it would be the same.

Red Bastard is offline Member
    Both my girlfriend, and I, get the occasional bruise from sub Q injections. She uses a 31g, and I use a 29. When you do them regularly, it's bound to happen occasionally. Never thought much of it...

Thread Information