Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Black
  • 1 Post By Hazard

Thread: Tanning helps acne?

btrizzyb is offline Associate Member

Tanning helps acne?

Someone told me the other day that the best way to get rid of pimples was tanning, that it drys them out. Sounds crazy, is there any truth behind it?

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trizzypballr View Post
    Someone told me the other day that the best way to get rid of pimples was tanning, that it drys them out. Sounds crazy, is there any truth behind it?
    Works for me...but not sure if this is the appropriate section for this question....probably lounge material

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    It will help hide it bro. But to actually stop it from happening is too different things.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Lots of different ways to go about treating it.....

Salacylic acid creams

Benzoyl peroxide creams

Vitamin a

Vitamin b5 ( pantothenic acid)

Antibacterial soap

Accutane

Retin-a cream

Read up on the different methods
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Could be a result of high estrogen too.
    evander87 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond
    Could be a result of high estrogen too.
    ^^^^ yup

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Lots of different ways to go about treating it.....

Salacylic acid creams

Benzoyl peroxide creams

Vitamin a

Vitamin b5 ( pantothenic acid)

Antibacterial soap

Accutane

Retin-a cream

Read up on the different methods
    Haz ever used Accutane? heard that's what the pro's use but its got bad sides to it. Lot of guys take it before bed I heard

Acne is the worst as I finished up my cycle. (my first cycle) Sunday will be 14 days since my last pin so that I can start nolva + clomid. Sound like it could be estrogen related?

Btw I'm trying the B5+zinc+that p word but it hasn't really helped so far.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Deleted
    Last edited by Mp859; 11-14-2013 at 09:26 PM.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i use accutane 20mg ed on cycle. at least for the first few wks. when things get better, i may decrease to eod. sides varies with dosage.

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    Use the stand up beds. Otherwise your just laying down in your own sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by chadcuz1985

Haz ever used Accutane? heard that's what the pro's use but its got bad sides to it. Lot of guys take it before bed I heard
    Quote Originally Posted by AD
    i use accutane 20mg ed on cycle. at least for the first few wks. when things get better, i may decrease to eod. sides varies with dosage.
    ^^^^ this.

I've used it many times with LOTS of success. Most was 40mg/day till acne visibly subsided. Then 20mg till it cleared..... Then 10mg for another couple weeks to make sure. Acne stayed cleared for a couple years till I cycled heavy again.

At 40mg/day my lips dried out BAD..... 20mg they will dry pretty bad and possibly crack.

Also..... DO NOT tan on accutane and DO NOT get anything waxed!

- Knockout_Power

^^^^ this.

I've used it many times with LOTS of success. Most was 40mg/day till acne visibly subsided. Then 20mg till it cleared..... Then 10mg for another couple weeks to make sure. Acne stayed cleared for a couple years till I cycled heavy again.

At 40mg/day my lips dried out BAD..... 20mg they will dry pretty bad and possibly crack.

Also..... DO NOT tan on accutane and DO NOT get anything waxed!
    I thought it was a one time thing. like you take it for 6 months then never have acne again. Youve used it lots of times?

Quote Originally Posted by DAAS

I thought it was a one time thing. like you take it for 6 months then never have acne again. Youve used it lots of times?
    Through a doc..... It's a one time thing. But they prescribe 80mgs or so per day and it shuts down the oil glands and they won't produce oil anymore.

Since accutane does have sides..... I chose to take a lower dose to get rid of the acne and not have nasty sides.

To go above 40mgs I'd strongly suggest doctor supervision. I couldn't goto my doc and ask him to do bloodwork all the time for a treatment I prescribed myself.

- Knockout_Power

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAAS View Post
    with every cycle.

Through a doc..... It's a one time thing. But they prescribe 80mgs or so per day and it shuts down the oil glands and they won't produce oil anymore.

Since accutane does have sides..... I chose to take a lower dose to get rid of the acne and not have nasty sides.

To go above 40mgs I'd strongly suggest doctor supervision. I couldn't goto my doc and ask him to do bloodwork all the time for a treatment I prescribed myself.
    You get yours underground?

Yes sir
    DAAS likes this.

- Knockout_Power

^^^^ I havnt in about 2 to 2 1/2 years. Not currently takin it

- Knockout_Power

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member

How far under?

The accutane sounds like it should probably be my next step, but shutting down your oil glands just doesnt sound like a healthy solution?

As far as the high Estrogen goes, I would assume that could be the cause, I noticed a little acne the last week or 2 of my cycle, but it became really bad once I went off cycle. Is there a better way to control the Estrogen spike to prevent the acne that way? Im threw 3 weeks of PCT (Nolva/Clomid) and im still seeing a good bit of acne. Im hoping once I start cycling again next week that it will go away, but im not sure?

Quote Originally Posted by trizzypballr
    The accutane sounds like it should probably be my next step, but shutting down your oil glands just doesnt sound like a healthy solution?

As far as the high Estrogen goes, I would assume that could be the cause, I noticed a little acne the last week or 2 of my cycle, but it became really bad once I went off cycle. Is there a better way to control the Estrogen spike to prevent the acne that way? Im threw 3 weeks of PCT (Nolva/Clomid) and im still seeing a good bit of acne. Im hoping once I start cycling again next week that it will go away, but im not sure?
    You'll breakout most when u start and end a cycle as your hormones fluctuate. It's not surprising your breaking out right now.

Also..... Why even bother with pct if you planned on going right back on? Just seems like a big hormonal clusterfvck..... Not to mention not a bright idea

- Knockout_Power

I'm not sure why I wouldn't do PCT? Pretty much everything I've read tells me that by running shorter cycles and PCT I lessen the side effects. I really don't want to force myself into TRT. Last cycle was 12 weeks of test E, used hcg and amirdex while I was on, waited 2 weeks after last pin then did 4 weeks of nolva/ CLOMID, then I'll be ready to start my next cycle, which I'm going to try Test P, NPP this time.
    You'll breakout most when u start and end a cycle as your hormones fluctuate. It's not surprising your breaking out right now.

Also..... Why even bother with pct if you planned on going right back on? Just seems like a big hormonal clusterfvck..... Not to mention not a bright idea

Quote Originally Posted by trizzypballr
    I'm not sure why I wouldn't do PCT? Pretty much everything I've read tells me that by running shorter cycles and PCT I lessen the side effects. I really don't want to force myself into TRT. Last cycle was 12 weeks of test E, used hcg and amirdex while I was on, waited 2 weeks after last pin then did 4 weeks of nolva/ CLOMID, then I'll be ready to start my next cycle, which I'm going to try Test P, NPP this time.
    Right..... But the way I read it..... And please correct me if I'm wrong - you ran a cycle, your 3 weeks into pct, and you'll be on cycle again in a couple weeks.

If I read that wrong then I apologize. If I didn't then you need to take another 12 weeks off AFTER your pct. time on + pct = time off. This is the safest method to implement other than to get blood work to confirm that you have recovered.

- Knockout_Power

masso is offline Associate Member
    Its absolutely right tanning dries out acne.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Frequent tanning and frequent showers does wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by AshopRep View Post
    Frequent tanning and frequent showers does wonders.
    I am a clean freak. I get a shower as soon as im done lifting, I usually end up getting 3 showers a day.. Lol

Thread Information