Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tdoe11

Thread: think I have a abscess

lifting214 is offline Junior Member

think I have a abscess

its warm I thought it was pip but it doesn't hurt to move anymore like pip, just feels tight(knot?) to move and warm. It was red while working out a couple days ago. But now I really can't tell if it's my tan or red.

It's on my left tricep.

It's hard but I can't really tell if that is just my muscle hardness or what but it is definitely warmer than the right.

If it is in fact a abscess is there any chance it can heal on it's own. I might go to a clinic but don't have $ for anything what will they do?

My guess I got it from a ****en piece of rubber stopper I some how missed and injected.

I looked at my viles a few days ago and saw a bunch floating. But I fear Before I inspected the viles I injected a piece with out knowing they were in there/ to look out for them.

Because the pip with my gear has been so bad it is hard to figure out if this knot like feeling is pain or not.

It feels like a UN-natural stiffness on my left tricep and warm to the touch.
    Last edited by lifting214; 11-14-2013 at 11:25 PM.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifting214
    its warm I thought it was pip but it doesn't hurt to move anymore like pip, just feels tight(knot?) to move and warm. It was red while working out a couple days ago. But now I really can't tell if it's my tan or red. It's on my left tricep. It's hard but I can't really tell if that is just my muscle hardness or what but it is definitely warmer than the right. If it is in fact a abscess is there any chance it can heal on it's own. I might go to a clinic but don't have $ for anything what will they do? My guess I got it from a ****en piece of rubber stopper I some how missed and injected. I looked at my viles a few days ago and saw a bunch floating. But I fear Before I inspected the viles I injected a piece with out knowing they were in there/ to look out for them. Because the pip with my gear has been so bad it is hard to figure out if this knot like feeling is pain or not. It feels like a UN-natural stiffness on my left tricep and warm to the touch.
    IMO it would be a small chance the rubber stopper could actually get into your syringe and in you. I suppose it would depend on the gauge you are using. My first inclination is you are just experiencing a case of bad pip.

If you are red around your site take a sharpie and mark around the red. Wait and see if it spreads past the line. That is a determining factor of infection. If you do have an abscess you could possibly need it drained/lanced and you will most definitely need a healthy course of antibiotics.

I often get pip where I am pretty hot and swollen. After a few days it always subsided. Good luck man in wishing you the best.
    Java Man likes this.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Doubtful. If it still hurts or gets worse over the next week or so you may need to think about going to the dr but it doesn't sound like abscess to me. Pip can last a week and if you damaged some tissue, got close to a structure like a nerve or vessel, etc. it will react as you described.

I've had injections lump up and kind of just sit there. Its just not dissipating as quickly as it normally does. That can happen because you got it in the fascia, not quite deep enough so its sub dermal but not intramuscular. Abscess is not that common but is serious and needs to be professionally tended if it happens. IMO abscess would be obvious. It hurts like a mofo and can't be mistaken for just redness and irritation. Its infected muscle. It's obvious.

I think youre fine. Give it a little more time.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Oh and strain your gear befit you use it again!

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Yep, you may have to get some antibiotics.

Thread Information