0kriz is offline New Member

3-5 weeks before test start working?

this is what i have read multiple times on this forum. can some one explain this?
    on a cellular level, testosterone make the cells produce protein (muscle), but far as i know this does not take 3-5 weeks from the time when the receptors on a cell gets in contact with testosterone?

also by experience, testosterone make me gain multiple pounds (water), sweat alot and my pain tolerace while working out goes up (placebo?) already after 1 week, some of the test effect comes realy fast.

can someone explain this? is it something i have missed?

ickythump is offline Member
    this depends on the ester, as I understand it, and how long before stable test levels rise

The ester have something to say, but even Test E with a long halftime have just a haltime of aprox 10 days, wich means that half of the dosage is alredy absorbed after 10 days? 3-5 weeks = 21-35 days, i dont get it.

well, I do believe everything is supposed to raise test levels when it's supposed to ester wise, like ace will be what one to three days? but I thought it was more like 3-5 weeks on longer chains before it " kicks in" as they say, as in you have stable higher test levels and therefore feel the effects harder...... hopefully someone with more scientific knowledge can come in to really clarify, or tell me I'm wrong Lolol! either way at least I'll learn too, sorry if my info didn't help

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Test E starts working the day you take it!

Test is Test. Esters are bound with the Test and the body takes time to break the ester down to release the Test. Short esters like Acetate has a half life of 3 days (hurts like a mother! my first quad shot) longer esters like Enanthate is about 11 days. The Test has a cumulative affect in the body as more and more Test is used by your body over a cycle. It "normally" takes about 4 weeks to see results from a enanthate. It "normally" takes a week to see results from a Prop ester. No magic, just takes time.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    It takes regular enanthate 5-6weeks to fully kick in gear for me atleast

It take 4.5 - 5 half lives to reach a steady state concentration in the body! this explains the long length kick in time

For example prop has a shorter half life so so it take a smaller amount of time to reach steady state concentration

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymctrance View Post
    It take 4.5 - 5 half lives to reach a steady state concentration in the body! this explains the long length kick in time

For example prop has a shorter half life so so it take a smaller amount of time to reach steady state concentration
    So its all about steady levels then? kinda make sense when i think about it.

gee what gave you that idea lol jkjk

skindiesel is offline Associate Member
    So it's different for everyone?

dem_gains is offline Junior Member
    technically it should only take about 3 weeks for it to reach peak levels...

lets say you inject 500mg on day 1. by day 10.5 it will be half of that and will be just leaving your system by day 21. so on your 21st day of test E the first shot is just finally leaving your system and all the other shots are active at various stages and so your test levels should be at their peak at this point and then you get good gains which continue this way until like week 8 or 9 and then slow due to myostatin lvls.

Quote Originally Posted by dem_gains View Post
    technically it should only take about 3 weeks for it to reach peak levels...

lets say you inject 500mg on day 1. by day 10.5 it will be half of that and will be just leaving your system by day 21. so on your 21st day of test E the first shot is just finally leaving your system and all the other shots are active at various stages and so your test levels should be at their peak at this point and then you get good gains which continue this way until like week 8 or 9 and then slow due to myostatin lvls.
    This is inaccurate information... It takes 4.5-5 half lives to reach steady state concentration of ANY drug whether its test, heart meds or whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by 0kriz View Post
    So its all about steady levels then? kinda make sense when i think about it.
    Exactly, i study this stuff in University!

growfast is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1 View Post
    It takes regular enanthate 5-6weeks to fully kick in gear for me atleast
    enanth, I noticed to kick in in about 3-4 weeks.

Thread Information