Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AD
  • 1 Post By buddy13

Thread: About to start my second ever cycle....need you to have a quick check over...

buddy13 is offline New Member

About to start my second ever cycle....need you to have a quick check over...

I have been seriously boxing for the past 7 years. I eat a clean diet and train 6-7 days a week. My stats are 5’10 / 72kg / approx. 14% body fat. I tend to hang on to fat easily despite working extra hard (twice daily many times) and eat smart.

I only did one course before, a test prop only 10 week course. I am 28 years old. Have been training weights/football/swimming etc... for at least 12 years.

My first course has been structured as follows:

- Test prop 100mg EOD
    - Aromasin (Exemestane) 12.5mg EOD (I know it’s a bit low but libido was good, no sensitive nipples and no gyno)
    - Animal pak multi vits

PCT (after 3 days from end of course):

- Nolva (40mg ED for 1 week then 50mg for another 2 weeks)
    - Clomid (100mg ED for 1 week then 50mg for another 2 weeks)
    - ZMA

I have seen appreciable improvements in body composition and strength with no sides during course. I only suffered a bit in PCT with trouble maintaining an erection for at least 1-2 weeks, low libido and also felt a bit lethargic. I am now clean for 13 weeks and held to much of the gains.

I now want to start my 2nd course. I am going to try and work more on seeing appreciable results on my endurance/stamina too. Also since I have to go trough hassle of PCT, injections etc...I thought I might add a small amount of another AAS this time. I have opted for Equipoise . I have already bought the stack and have everything in hand. I have 8 weeks worth of prop and 10 weeks worth of Eq.

I was looking at a 10 week course as below:

- Equipoise (Boldenone ) 100mg : Every 4 days Weeks 1-10
    - Test prop 100mg : EOD Weeks 3-10
    - Aromasin (Exemestane) 12.5mg : EOD Weeks 3-10
    - Animal pak multi vits : ED Weeks 1-10

PCT (Start 1 week after last EQ + Test injection):

- Nolva (40mg ED for 1 week then 20mg for another 3 weeks)
    - Clomid (100mg ED for 1 week then 50mg for another 3 weeks)
    - ZMA

I have a few questions for you comrades here I hoped you could help me with.

1) How does the cycle look to you and what would you change (mainly dosages/times)?
    2) What should I expect differently as compared to my first course (strength/libido/mood etc..)?
    3) Should I add HCG on course/PCT and what dosage would you use?
    4) How can I avoid (or minimize) the 'low' I hit during PCT?
    5) Can I mix & inject prop + eq into one injection?

Thanks lots for your help.I read a lot but any good advice coming from the horses mouth is always appreciated .
    Last edited by buddy13; 11-18-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Jim3432 is offline Junior Member
    I understand your reasoning and I'll let some of the pro's answer this, but my question why even attempt a cut when you are 72kg at 14% b/f, I would try adjusting your macro's a little and go from their then if you cant lose the 2% b/f that would probably make you happy then ask again. (and I get the boxing did for many years, you want to stay in the class but why cut when 12-14% is good for reserves)

Remember a cut cycle is not meant to lose fat faster (this is all diet), just an aid from losing muscle during.
    Last edited by Jim3432; 11-18-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Reiid13 is offline Member
    Buy HCG just incase , if you need it take 1000ui/ week( I think ) , just dont use HCG if you have gyno

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3432 View Post
    I understand your reasoning and I'll let some of the pro's answer this, but my question why even attempt a cut when you are 72kg at 14% b/f, I would try adjusting your macro's a little and go from their then if you cant lose the 2% b/f that would probably make you happy then ask again. (and I get the boxing did for many years, you want to stay in the class but why cut when 12-14% is good for reserves)

Remember a cut cycle is not meant to lose fat faster (this is all diet), just an aid from losing muscle during.
    Thanks for reply.I dont really understand what you're trying to say though...maybe I didnt make myself clear enough..

I just want to increase strength, power & stamina. Recover fast from my hard workouts (sometimes twice/day) and keep in the same weight class.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Reiid13 View Post
    Buy HCG just incase , if you need it take 1000ui/ week( I think ) , just dont use HCG if you have gyno
    I have read more about HCG . I am thinking of using 500iu once/week throughout cycle.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post

I have read more about HCG. I am thinking of using 500iu once/week throughout cycle.
    It's better to split to 250iu twice a week.
    Red Bastard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    It's better to split to 250iu twice a week.
    Thanks.Have read on 2 sources that less than 500 IU dosage might not 'shock' the system in some individuals and the testes might still not get that kick they need...any truth in that?

Also can any of you answer any of my other questions in my original post please? Thanks!

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1. i would suggest you stick to test-only even for your 2nd cycle. you can increase the dose slightly if you like: 150mg eod.

2. more of the same. which is good, so there won't be any surprises.

3. start hcg from day1, so there is not need to worry about dosages higher than 500iu. pct, extend to 4 wks for both clomid and nolva.

4. one way is to do conservative cycle, with hcg throughout, so you know the chances of recovery is high. you can also increase your calories intake to help maintain an anabolic environment.

5. skip the ep

Ctits23 is offline Banned
    your cycle looks like the basic starter cycle. what does your weight training consist of? how often do you lift weights, what bodyparts do you hit each day and how many reps/sets do you do.

there is only one way to increase power and strength and that is lifting at least 5 times a week correctly. just boxing or swimming etc. will not give you strength or power. that is done in the gym lifting correctly and hard

you need to focus on the weight room especially if your going to cycle

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    1. i would suggest you stick to test-only even for your 2nd cycle. you can increase the dose slightly if you like: 150mg eod.

2. more of the same. which is good, so there won't be any surprises.

3. start hcg from day1, so there is not need to worry about dosages higher than 500iu. pct, extend to 4 wks for both clomid and nolva.

4. one way is to do conservative cycle, with hcg throughout, so you know the chances of recovery is high. you can also increase your calories intake to help maintain an anabolic environment.

5. skip the ep
    Thanks for most helpful reply.

1 - I only decided to try EQ at a low dosage since it was always recommended as a 'safe' steroid for use in a basic cycle at low dose.

2 - I read that using 2 compounds in small dosages is better than one in high doses.

3 - Ok I will start HCG from beginning of cycle as per advice at 500 iu/week. I already have nolva/climod in hand. I will bump up PCT to 4 weeks also.

4 - Yes agreed.A small push with AAS without going overboard with the doses.

5 - I think that for this cycle I will use the EP since I already bought it, I dont have enough Test for 150 EOD and might as well go a bit heavier on this cycle since I will be going through HCG, AI, Nolva/Clomid just the same...that was my reasoning.Fingers crossed ...

Thanks again!
    Last edited by buddy13; 11-20-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    AD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctits23 View Post
    your cycle looks like the basic starter cycle. what does your weight training consist of? how often do you lift weights, what bodyparts do you hit each day and how many reps/sets do you do.

there is only one way to increase power and strength and that is lifting at least 5 times a week correctly. just boxing or swimming etc. will not give you strength or power. that is done in the gym lifting correctly and hard

you need to focus on the weight room especially if your going to cycle
    I dont split bodyparts or work on a bodybuilding weight program per se.

However I do full body weights training twice/week. Normally I do supersets of chest & back, legs & shoulders + biceps & triceps at high intensity, 10-12 reps, with minimum rest using many basic lifts. I only do power exercises (3-4 sets x 4-6 reps for a 4 week period and stop 2 weeks or so before a scheduled fight.

I then perform 2 more weekly circuit sessions where I work 3 minutes ON / 1 Minute REST x 6 repetitions. I do basic weighted or free weights exercices such as pullups, bosu ball pushups, explosive squats, kettlebell swings, burpeees etc for 30 seconds x 6 (hence 3 minutes work)...we do this to imitate fight time in the ring.

so you could say I do 4 weekly 45 minute sessions using weights/body exercises.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Thread Information