Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Craig92
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: steroids for connective tissues

SirIsaacBrock is offline New Member

steroids for connective tissues

I asked this in the beginner thread, but austinite asked me to make my own.

Basically, I have a genetic disorder called EDS, I'm not even sure the exact kind since I had the genetic testing done when I was like 10 and Im 25 now. Pretty sure its my type V collagen that is effected. In a nutshell, my skin is stretchier than normal and my connective tissues are weaker. Im pretty sure this has to do with deformations in the collagen binding proteins, basically the body makes the collagen no problem, but it doesnt stick them together proper. I'm on the mild end of the whole "disorder"

Anyway, I'm not ready to take steroids yet, I'm still gaining size naturally, but Im doing it slower than 'normal' because sometimes quite frankly my joints feel like trash and I don't want to injure myself. I read somewhere that taking test can lower your collagen synthesis - now I know there is an old BS article floating around the net from like 10 years ago saying the decrease was like 50-80%, however any time I try to find information, this article pops up again and again because its been reposted around the net for the past 10 years.

I know that a lot of people who injure themselves on cycles is because their muscles outpace their connective tissue, but is there any truth to the tissues weakening, or growing slower than average while on a test e only cycle? Because of this concern, I had wondered if stacking with something like a dose of anavar towards the end of the cycle might counteract this. I figure by the time I would add in the var I would have a good idea of how my body is handling the test.

Eventually I am going to do a cycle, and when I do I just want to make sure that, aside from not pushing myself like crazy (which I don't do anyway), I am not doing anything to harm my connective tissues further than regular exercise would be.

In the time being I am looking to peptides like igf1lr3, cjc1293, ghrp6/2 and tb500, and I may try an ostarine cycle because I heard that supposedly has been linked to connective tissue repair/growth. I won't be cycling until I am 175-180 at 5'8 (15lbs to go), so I've got a ways, just learning as much as I can and trying to operate within the realm of my own personal issues (or defects if you want to call them that LOL). Oh and I already take glucosamine/msm/chondroitin, as well as 3g fish oil, 5000iu vit d along with my mutli v supp. Very joint conscious heh.

Thanks
    Last edited by SirIsaacBrock; 11-23-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Jim3432 is offline Junior Member
    I'll let the pro's answer the science side. But I will say this I got severely injured in a motorcycle wreck. One of my problems was my hand, it tore through the top into ligaments or w.e you want to call the connecting tissue and all. I had severe problems with my hand locking up on top of a couple other basic joints such as my left elbow. I did physical therapy and started lifting again when I was able. Pain was still their after almost two years, I ran a test cycle with light dbol jump. My hand almost doesn't hut at all now I would say 95% of the pain gone and elbow, my neck that I broke, three disc in my back, etc. some have told me it's all mental, b.s. Test or more muscle or a combination helped me, a lot.

SirIsaacBrock is offline New Member
    Good to hear Jim. I've dislocated both of my shoulders quite a few times, and with my condition, even though its mild, surgery isn't really an option as it tends to only make the situation worse for most people. I guess I can be thankful my tendons and ligaments are more flexible or I probably would have done more damage as strange as that sounds.. but I avoid benching often due to deep pain in the joint that leaves me sore. I've got other joint ticks and clicks and a finger that I hurt a while ago consistently pains me, but I'm in pretty good health generally.

As far as the whole reason Im lifting and getting stronger is because - supposedly - my muscles tend to get tired more easily (I wouldn't really know, Ive never known anything else lol), especially the small joint supportive ones so the goal is to strengthen them as much as possible to take as much pressure off the tendons and ligaments.. I'm sure you've heard the phrase 'lifting with your tendons rather than the muscles' before. I mean, Im lifting for my health and obviously to be bigger and have a better physique, but I dont want to get massive or anything like that, at least thats not my goal

Craig92 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim3432 View Post
    I'll let the pro's answer the science side. But I will say this I got severely injured in a motorcycle wreck. One of my problems was my hand, it tore through the top into ligaments or w.e you want to call the connecting tissue and all. I had severe problems with my hand locking up on top of a couple other basic joints such as my left elbow. I did physical therapy and started lifting again when I was able. Pain was still their after almost two years, I ran a test cycle with light dbol jump. My hand almost doesn't hut at all now I would say 95% of the pain gone and elbow, my neck that I broke, three disc in my back, etc. some have told me it's all mental, b.s. Test or more muscle or a combination helped me, a lot.
    Wow! That sounds like some accident. Some serious injuries there and for you to pick yourself up and get back into the lifestyle you want is truly inspirational!

Sorry. I can't help with the OPs questions. However. I had an operation on my shoulder at the age of 16 but it really didn't help. It continued to dislocate on a regular basis until I started on test. It still does become sore from time to time so I am also unsure if it's the test that's helping the recovery or if it's just the training.
    Jim3432 likes this.

Jim3432 is offline Junior Member
    Another thing, have no proof this is true might be a total myth or just mental, but my first time deployed overseas I had elbow pain bad (before cycle) I started taking flax seed oil. I would say it cut down on about 30-40% of the pain if I took it everyday.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Some steroids can increase collagen synthesis..... However they don't increase the cross-linking connectivity which leaves the new fibers brittle.

I've posted studies on it in this section. My search function is down (I'm on the phone app) but I'm sure you will find it if you look.

Your best bet would probably be hgh and/or peptides.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

On my first cycle I did a dbol /Test cycle. The dbol retained a lot of water and moisturized my joints. I didn't have any joint pains at all. This was the first time in a loooong time I felt so good. When I got finished with PCT the pains slowly crept back. Dbol is a temporary stop gap. I've been on HGH for 6 years and my joints feel pretty great. It takes a while with HGH, maybe years. Steroids makes your muscles really strong and imbalance the strength between the muscles and connective tissues. Guy almost always think they can lift more than their bodies can handle. Bang, and they're hurt. Go slow and be safe.

Thread Information