Thread: Test only cycle

Shawn14 is offline New Member

Test only cycle

Hi guys, I've decided to do a test only cycle, I'm hoping to gain 10-15 pounds of lean muscle. I've decided to go with test because this will be my first cycle ever and I've read it's really good to establish a baseline. But, I only want 1 cycle because I just need the additional muscle for sports and trials next year so is hoping for 10-15 pound of lean muscle on this cycle realistic? (I've already been in the gym for years now and I've got a good diet plan already. (5'8, 150, ~13% body fat)

And on a sidenote, which type of test would you guys recommend? I feel like test-e would be my best bet.

Cheers!

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn14
    Hi guys, I've decided to do a test only cycle, I'm hoping to gain 10-15 pounds of lean muscle. I've decided to go with test because this will be my first cycle ever and I've read it's really good to establish a baseline. But, I only want 1 cycle because I just need the additional muscle for sports and trials next year so is hoping for 10-15 pound of lean muscle on this cycle realistic? (I've already been in the gym for years now and I've got a good diet plan already. (5'8, 150, ~13% body fat)

And on a sidenote, which type of test would you guys recommend? I feel like test-e would be my best bet.

Cheers!
    Not a realist goal. Your gains come from the kitchen, not a needle or a pill. What is your planned daily caloric intake and macros?

Nutrition has an even greater goal if you expect to keep any gains.

NaijaBoy is offline Junior Member
    I haven't experimented with gear yet but based on resources and articles solely, I'd recommend you eat a lot more (as clean as possible). If you're over 25, have built a muscular foundation and mind set on gear, then any kind of test would suffice. Research on types and dosages. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    Not a realist goal. Your gains come from the kitchen, not a needle or a pill. What is your planned daily caloric intake and macros? Nutrition has an even greater goal if you expect to keep any gains.
    Young guys/(or people who don't have a great diet in place) have a tough time realizing that a great diet in place can give you steroid like gains if you diet correctly. You can easily lose a pound of fat a week and gain a pound of muscle every 7-10 days with proper diet, weight routine & cardio layout. Diet is awesome! Once you're of age and have a diet in place for a few years or so and sub 16% BF when you add a compound like test your results will fly through the roof. Trust me, I know from first hand experience.

Just sayin..

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    what sport are you training for?

Either way and as stated above - by the looks of your stats, diet and training can take you to a whole new level. Visit the nutritional section and you will find a great deal of information. As Muscle Ink alluded to, learn how to count your macros and establish what you need to maintain and anything beyond that will contribute to gains if done correctly.

Boxtrot is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by base4291ball View Post
    Young guys/(or people who don't have a great diet in place) have a tough time realizing that a great diet in place can give you steroid like gains if you diet correctly. You can easily lose a pound of fat a week and gain a pound of muscle every 7-10 days with proper diet, weight routine & cardio layout. Diet is awesome! Once you're of age and have a diet in place for a few years or so and sub 16% BF when you add a compound like test your results will fly through the roof. Trust me, I know from first hand experience.

Just sayin..
    This information is wrong.

Genetics determine whether anyone can have steroid-like gains.

You can NOT gain a pound of muscle an lose a pound of fat every 7-10 days unless you are at least taking steroids or obese.

Do not cycle when you are 16% bf. 14% max or lower.

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtrot
    This information is wrong. Genetics determine whether anyone can have steroid-like gains. You can NOT gain a pound of muscle an lose a pound of fat every 7-10 days unless you are at least taking steroids or obese. Do not cycle when you are 16% bf. 14% max or lower. Just sayin.
    I'm minoring in nutrition with a major in psychology. I have first hand experience that if your Micros are right and you're dieting and exercising correctly you can EASILY lose a pound of fat a week! But I guess I did forget to add in it's easier to lose fat when you are overweight then if you're sub-15%. It's obviously harder the lower you % is. But 15%< it's very easy to lose a lb a week, regardless of genetics.

Just sayin.

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxtrot View Post
    This information is wrong.

Genetics determine whether anyone can have steroid -like gains.

You can NOT gain a pound of muscle an lose a pound of fat every 7-10 days unless you are at least taking steroids or obese.

Do not cycle when you are 16% bf. 14% max or lower.

Just sayin.
    Most steroid users I know are fat powerlifters, that take test and dbol like candy. people have different goals

Quote Originally Posted by DAAS
    ] Most steroid users I know are fat powerlifters, that take test and dbol like candy. people have different goals
    That's not too good. The higher bf% the higher chance of running into problems

That's not too good. The higher bf% the higher chance of running into problems
    agreed doesn't mean you will though. If done properly steroids can be perfectly healthy. If done incorrectly, even a good candidate can ruin themselves. My point was making statements like 15% bf you cant do steroids!, are incorrect. Seen overweight power lifters do them for 20 years and not have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by DAAS
    agreed doesn't mean you will though. If done properly steroids can be perfectly healthy. If done incorrectly, even a good candidate can ruin themselves. My point was making statements like 15% bf you cant do steroids!, are incorrect. Seen overweight power lifters do them for 20 years and not have a problem
    Alright, well the point I was trying to make was there aren't too many people on this forum that will condone 15% + Bf guys the "okay" to roid up. It just has the greater potential for a problem.

There is always a what if to everything in life. The 15% mark is just what we go by on this forum.

And to say you 20% + guys aren't experiencing problems yet... Who's to say they won't in their 50's or 60's...

Alright, well the point I was trying to make was there aren't too many people on this forum that will condone 15% + Bf guys the "okay" to roid up. It just has the greater potential for a problem.

There is always a what if to everything in life. The 15% mark is just what we go by on this forum.

And to say you 20% + guys aren't experiencing problems yet... Who's to say they won't in their 50's or 60's...
    I feel like its like that for everyone

I'm minoring in nutrition with a major in psychology. I have first hand experience that if your Micros are right and you're dieting and exercising correctly you can EASILY lose a pound of fat a week! But I guess I did forget to add in it's easier to lose fat when you are overweight then if you're sub-15%. It's obviously harder the lower you % is. But 15%< it's very easy to lose a lb a week, regardless of genetics.

Just sayin.
    I guess that makes you right if you leave out the part where you said gain a pound of muscle too.

Dont know what they are teaching you but its deffinately not about human physiology.

Quote Originally Posted by DAAS View Post
    I didnt say cant i said dont. Thats advisement not fact.

The fact that everyone has different goas doesn't mean its sensible to cycle at a higher body fat. H

How many powerlifters did you study over a 20 year period that cycled at bodyfat higher than 14%...

Thread Information