Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk

Thread: How I cut my PIP to nothing

chaps is offline Associate Member

How I cut my PIP to nothing

I'm no expert, but I want to throw this out there.

I'm on my first cycle, 500/mg of Test E per week split into 2 injections. For each muscle that it was my first injection into that muscle, the "virgin muscle" effect was intense. I was nearly limping for 3 days after (not painful really, just crazy stiff). Subsequent injections were less sore, but whatever muscle got the most recent pin would always be sore, tender and tight for 2-3 days afterwards.

One day, because of my schedule, I wasn't going to be able to pin my usual hour before the gym. Instead I pinned at lunch (gym sesh was later in the evening). My usual post injection soreness (I want to point out here that I think the "pain" part of PIP is a misnomer) was much less. I chalked this up to just getting better at my injection technique and went back to my usual timing of 1 hour before the gym.

Fast forward another 2 weeks. I got sick. Nothing crazy, just a little sore throat and sniffles. I also pulled a bicep deadlifting (common, minor powerlifting injury, takes 3 days to heal tops if you take care of it). I cut that workout short, and then delayed my next training day by 1 day to get in a little extra rest for the cold and pulled bicep. I didn't see any reason why I should alter my dosing schedule though, so I pinned on a day I did not train. What happened next was magical: next to zero post injection soreness/tenderness/stiffniss. Ok, so it was still slightly noticeable, but I would say the soreness was a mere 10% of what it was when I was pinning an hour before training.

The more I think about this, the more it makes sense. Jabbing yourself with a needle creates a wound. If your body had a choice it sure as **** would prefer not to have a hole put in it. Did you ever do jumping jacks after skinning your knee as a little kid? I'm pretty sure the same idea is at play here. Lifting on a fresh wound probably irritates the muscle even more. But give it a day to heal and it's good to go.

Just my .02

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    What size needle are you using?

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You're over-thinking it. The more you pin the less the PIP. That is all.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    You're over-thinking it. The more you pin the less the PIP. That is all.
    ^^^Agreed. There are many factors involved in PIP. The "virgin muscle" idea is largely crap. For most guys, you can chalk it up to inexperience, using too short a needle and not going deep enough into the muscle, using too large of a bore/gauge, unsteady hands, type of oil in gear, concentration of gear, etc.

Many of us here have and do pin on day of training and its a nonissue. With experience, the pain associated with proper IM injections is far less frequent.

25g 1", a small needle for sure.

And my hands have been steady since my 3rd injection. I got over the jitters fast. I really think pinning on a non training day is a good way to avoid PIP with long esters.

I guess if I get PIP like i was getting before while doing this, it's BS. I'll let you know, but for now I think it was the solution I needed.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chaps
    25g 1", a small needle for sure.

And my hands have been steady since my 3rd injection. I got over the jitters fast. I really think pinning on a non training day is a good way to avoid PIP with long esters.

I guess if I get PIP like i was getting before while doing this, it's BS. I'll let you know, but for now I think it was the solution I needed.
    Sure, follow up with us. I have very little PIP any more and when it happens its only with very concentrated gear (400mg/ml or higher) but I've found ways to pretty much eliminate PIP now completely.

I've been handling needles and injections for more than 18 years.
    devil-1986 likes this.

ickythump is offline Member
    I always read about guys showering pinning showering again, doing heat wraps ice packs and having no pip, sounds awesome but I have JUST ENOUGH time to do it in a sterile manner but still quickly, idk how people have so much time, must not have kids......I just deal with the pip, however I want never to do quads again it was awful for 3-4 days couldn't even sit with legs under me ( something I do a lot when my 2.5 yr old wants to set up Thomas train tracks)

kronz is offline Junior Member
    Yeah perhaps overthinking it. Faster insert of the pin, steady hand, slow injection.. I get little to no pip now

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Sure, follow up with us. I have very little PIP any more and when it happens its only with very concentrated gear (400mg/ml or higher) but I've found ways to pretty much eliminate PIP now completely.

I've been handling needles and injections for more than 18 years.
    Me too. The only time I have pain is when the gear gives it to me. It has nothing to do with technique.

Man I thought I had it down but I guess it is BS. I pinned yesterday alot higher up my quad than I have been and theres been some PIP today for sure. Injection went smoothly, must be this kalpa gear I got my hands on.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I get some PIP from using Test Prop but it's not too bad. If you've got virgin muscles then that's most likely your issue. It's all part of the game.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Leave the needle in for a minute or so. Bring it out super slow an massage the spot afterwards. Ive never had pip with deca , test e,p and tren

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    i've probably pinned over two thousand times. what i've learned is, for me, to pin into the biggest muscle. which happens to be the glutes. i never get PIP. AND i've filled a 5ml syringe on many an occassion......

For some reason I seem to bleed a bunch every time I try to go for the glutes, I actually haven't been successful in injecting there. I bleed the second I penetrate the skin.

Thread Information