Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mk19gunner
  • 1 Post By mk19gunner

Thread: weird pip location

ickythump is offline Member

weird pip location

did a delt inj in what I can say (as a non dr) was what I believe to be the right spot, 1 inch needle all the way in. same as I had in left arm.

yesterday I notice a red mark about two inches long slightly raised that starts about three inches directly below inj site at the sort of " juncture" of delts and where they insert near bi/tri... it seems to go down along line muscles about two inches at most... isn't really warm, hurts not much more than any other bad pip, but the redness and slight swelling worry me...I have no fever either.... any thoughts?? thanks
    Last edited by ickythump; 12-17-2013 at 10:14 AM.

anyone got anything?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    yes I have heard accounts of this before. More than likely the gear has trickled down your shoulder to your upper arm...yes it can do that with some delt injections. Or could just be an irritated injection. I wouldn't worry to much right now about it. Keep a watch on it, if you dvelope fever you may have a problem then.
    How much did you pin into your delts?

.57 cc's, not much, I'm having problems tho when I use my left hand, bad angle on a glute pin did the same thing ( left glute, dripped toward tail bone while sleeping on right side) but no redness, I know infections get red and travel but I think they follow vascular trails, this is like LITERALLY riding muscle junctures.... I'll take your advice and relax and watch tho, thanks for the input bud

mk19gunner is offline Junior Member
    I noticed you said you went all the way in. Just so you know it's not a good idea to always inject the needle all the way down. If you inject all the way and the needle breaks, then you don't have an end of it protruding out to take hold of with something and pull it out.

It's a pretty rare event for it to happen, but if it does you'll be in the ER trying to explain to a physician why you were injecting yourself and with what.

Take care and good luck on your journey.
    ickythump likes this.

hmmmmmmm.....I know that happens I've seen photos of old junkies xrays with hundreds and I read it talked about on here, so idk why I go that far in!! thank you for responding!!

mk19gunner is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ickythump View Post
    hmmmmmmm.....I know that happens I've seen photos of old junkies xrays with hundreds and I read it talked about on here, so idk why I go that far in!! thank you for responding!!
    No problem playa, get your stack on and enjoy the blast.
    ickythump likes this.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mk19gunner View Post
    I noticed you said you went all the way in. Just so you know it's not a good idea to always inject the needle all the way down. If you inject all the way and the needle breaks, then you don't have an end of it protruding out to take hold of with something and pull it out.

It's a pretty rare event for it to happen, but if it does you'll be in the ER trying to explain to a physician why you were injecting yourself and with what.

Take care and good luck on your journey.
    I always go all the way in. It's more stable that way.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I do too. if I need a smaller needle I will just get one. 1" is good to go with delts

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    All the way in depends on how long the needle is. For delts i only go about 1/2 to 3/4 inch max. I also massage the area after injecting.

Red Bastard is offline Member
    How does a needle break? Does the metal snap, or does it disconnect from the barrel? I've tried breaking them a few times, and can't figure how it could happen...

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    just the thought of that happening terrifies me

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bastard View Post
    How does a needle break? Does the metal snap, or does it disconnect from the barrel? I've tried breaking them a few times, and can't figure how it could happen...
    I could Not break them either. If it disconnected from the barrel there would be No worries.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    they should bend first before breaking anyhow. chances are low this happens as already said. I think his pip is probably normal ugl pip

Quote Originally Posted by chadcuz1985 View Post
    they should bend first before breaking anyhow. chances are low this happens as already said. I think his pip is probably normal ugl pip
    I think it is the ugl... next time I gotta pay the extra for pharm this sucks lol

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    If it is just pip then you can trying a autoclave or pressure cooker ive read off ppl doing this from the lab section and works no pip after that

redhawk01 is offline Member
    I'm getting the same thing. No redness, but a welt running down my delt. Quads i just get the pain. I've had Pharm grade and another ugl in the past, no issues.

left delt was fine. quads hurt like a moter but I can't smashin avoid them I'm injecting eod :/ the only time I had a similar thing was when I messed up trying to re do a bad glute inj ( couldn't aspirate ) and it seemingly wasn't in the muscle enough and the pain traveled like leaking oil...this seems similar but it got red, but it feels like the leaky glute maybe cuz arms have no fat really it just showed the redness my glute may have had?? that make sense?

It's probably the gear if same issue with other people. There are members on the forum that will not use anything but pharm. grade, they just don't trust any of the UGL's.

Thread Information