Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: Insulin or gear?

styxxxola is offline New Member

Insulin or gear?

Should I take one cycle of gear(would be my first) or use insulin instead?

I am a male, 145 lbs, 25 years old, 5'8", unsure of my body fat %. Although 2 months ago I was at 125 and was at 15% I believe.
    I am trying to bulk right now to about 200lbs for aesthetics/confidence in my body.

I've only been training for about 2 months and am feeling great. I'm basically trying to get to 200 as quick as possible (yes I know I will also gain quite a bit of fat). I'm pretty much tired of being small lol. To put into perspective I joined the Army when I was 102 lbs at age 18 =\
    In Iraq I was eating about 5000 calories a day and put on 10lbs in 6 months(with gym training), then was forced to do run an extra 3 miles a day because the majority of my unit failed their run portion of their pt test. So I ended up losing that weight and had lost my will to continue training. I'm sure I made plenty of mistakes and was not as informed as I am now but yeah, I wanna get big.

I decided that I will take one cycle of gear to help to reach my goal (been doing research of course and this forum has helped a lot) but was wondering if insulin would be a better choice? It seems cheaper, legal, and seems to do the job well. I'm in good health, have never been to the hospital for things other than being born/getting balls touched.

I'm a full time student so I'd MUCH rather pay $22 then whatever some yoked guy at the gym is gonna charge me for some test if the end result is about the same.

Oh and I have no insulin knowledge, just now heard that its common use among BBs. I would be doing lots of research on it before using it of course.

Thanks!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    insulin is NOT for beginners!
    DAAS likes this.

DanB is offline Banned
    forget slin, it has its place but you are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off that level yet

read this, simple cycle is perfect and this has all you need to know
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...rst-cycle.html

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You don't need either. To be blunt: you're small and probably pudgy. If you reach 200lbs within several years, it's going to be mostly fat. And you don't need insulin or steroids to get fat. Stop looking for shortcuts and put a few years into building up size.

hahahahaha well good thing I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    You don't need either. To be blunt: you're small and probably pudgy. If you reach 200lbs within several years, it's going to be mostly fat. And you don't need insulin or steroids to get fat. Stop looking for shortcuts and put a few years into building up size.
    No thanks!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by styxxxola View Post
    No thanks!
    no thanks..... what?

putting in a few years?

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...rst-cycle.html start buy reading the link visit the nutrition section take your time educate yourself AND STAY AWAY FROM INSULIN don't fvck about with that and you should be training for about a good year at least before aas

clarkey02 is offline Junior Member
    Who is this moron? You think everyone that's big just juiced and put on big weight and gained strength?

Build a base. Eat lots, clean food, train smart.

To the "Stop looking for shortcuts and put a few years into building up size."

I'm on a steroid forum for a reason lol I made the decision to do one cycle and am trying to get educated. That decision isn't doing to change =\

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey02 View Post
    Who is this moron? You think everyone that's big just juiced and put on big weight and gained strength?

Build a base. Eat lots, clean food, train smart.
    Can you quote where I said that sir? For the life of me my eyes don't see those letters. Plenty of big natural guys.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Trying to get educated but no so much that you are educated enough not to cycle.

Post a pic up buddy, let's see this 2 months progress and tell us why 20lb gain over 2 months isn't sufficient?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Trying to get educated but no so much that you are educated enough not to cycle.

Post a pic up buddy, let's see this 2 months progress and tell us why 20lb gain over 2 months isn't sufficient?
    If I had confidence I would I'm not saying it's not sufficient. I feel a million times better than I used to in every way. I just want more you know? I have always had a really fast metabolism and had trouble gaining weight and now that I'm getting somewhere I'd just like to get more out of it. There are a million reasons not to cycle, and I doubt there's a good reason to cycle if you're not stepping on stage (diseases/injuries/etc aside) but that's the decision I've made.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You're looking for a magic pill. There aren't any. Learn how to eat and train. Two months of training is nothing. Educate you we will, but not about taking drugs you are no where near ready for. We don't condone reckless decisions. You'll need to train and learn to eat and be committed to the lifestyle for two years to be ready for steroids .

It may not be what you want to hear, but it IS what you NEED to hear.

How many calories are you eating every day, CONSISTENTLY? What's your TDEE? What's the macro break down of your diet? What are your protein sources?

Steroids won't make you grow if you don't have the nutrition behind it. You grow from food. Plain and simple. If you aren't eating above your TDEE no steroid in the world is going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by styxxxola View Post
    If I had confidence I would I'm not saying it's not sufficient. I feel a million times better than I used to in every way. I just want more you know? I have always had a really fast metabolism and had trouble gaining weight and now that I'm getting somewhere I'd just like to get more out of it. There are a million reasons not to cycle, and I doubt there's a good reason to cycle if you're not stepping on stage (diseases/injuries/etc aside) but that's the decision I've made.
    This is an anonymous site, nobody knows you, don't be afraid to throw up a torso pic.

Let's be honest, you have been training 2 months. That isn't anywhere near long enough to give your muscles or connective tissues the strength they would need to deal with such a rapid rise of strength from AAS. You are almost guarantee do an injury.

2 months ago you were at 15%. You gained 20lbs. Almost all of that will be fat but let's say just 15lbs of it is. That would put you well above 20%. You want to get to 200lbs as quock as possible then just keep going as you are, shouldn't take more than 4 months or so. Of course, you'll be well above 30% but that's not a problem, right? Add AAS to that mix and you are asking for a boatload of side effects.

Learn to train properly.

Learn to diet properly and gain muscle rather than fat. 150lbs at 10% will look waaaaaay better than 200lbs and a fat 30% bodyfat blob.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

You guys seem to misunderstand. The topic was steroids or insulin lol.
    The decision has been made and that's not changing. I am in a caloric surplus.

When I need diet help I'll be sure to post a thread. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by styxxxola
    You guys seem to misunderstand. The topic was steroids or insulin lol.
    The decision has been made and that's not changing. I am in a caloric surplus.

When I need diet help I'll be sure to post a thread. Thanks
    We understand all to well. We see this stuff all day long junior. The fact you aren't growing tells us you don't know how to eat. Stop arguing with people who live this lifestyle. Did you come here to learn or just argue?

Good luck then buddy. Post a pic when you're 30% and at your goal weight.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    We understand all to well. We see this stuff all day long junior. The fact you aren't growing tells us you don't know how to eat. Stop arguing with people who live this lifestyle. Did you come here to learn or just argue?
    Did you not read any of my messages? I gained 20 pounds in the last 2 months. Which is why I'm going forth with juice. Also I came here to get a question answered; It was answered and I gave my thanks. I'm unsure where you see arguing.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by styxxxola

Did you not read any of my messages? I gained 20 pounds in the last 2 months. Which is why I'm going forth with juice. Also I came here to get a question answered; It was answered and I gave my thanks. I'm unsure where you see arguing.
    Yes, I read quite well, thank you for asking. So, in all your wisdom, you think gaining 20lbs of fat and or water has prepared you to manipulate your endogenous hormones or inject a substance that will affect your blood glucose levels?

We are looking out for your health and well being. You want bad, reckless advice, go somewhere else. Plenty of bad forums elsewhere with people that won't think twice to give you bad advice.

You didn't answer any of the questions asked. So you're on a caloric surplus huh? Really? How do you know - because you simply said so?

BIB is an upstanding member with tremendous knowledge to offer and you blow him off. You are off to a bad start. Care to retry or are you going to continue acting like a little kid demanding someone give him what he wants. If the latter, good luck to you. Stay safe. I won't bother arguing with you if your mind isn't open to learning what you clearly do not know.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just a SMALL miss calculation in slin dose can kill you on the spot..... hope you know that... that wont happen with aas.

I have done MANY cycles of AAS AND Pepties, HGH ect. and i STILL WONT TOUCH SLIN NOR REC IT TO ANYONE!
    just how i feel about it, call me a slin hater if you want, that is me i take no offense. I would be surprised if you were ready for aas, let alone slin!
    Stay away, atleast for now!

agrees, and its not just about calories, also training has to be changes up and shifted as you grow... things to work on and know WAY before touching aas

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    This is a horrifying thread! Insulin is one of the most dangerous substances in the BBing world, and should be left to extremely knowledgeable professionals, no member here would ever recommend or condone insulin use for you. Please take these guys advise...some very good advise on this forum, I hope you change your attitude and start to listen.

also wait till your atleast 25yrs of age to mess with hormones IMO

juice-box is offline New Member
    This is completely scary to me not to chime in to every thread but dude i just watched my friend almost die because he didnt listen to me about slin its an exact science. theres different type's of slin that require different eating habits. i know what its like to be small but deal with it i started at your weight been in your shoes just train hard for a few years. on top of the fact that with aas youll get stronger an bigger but your joints an ligaments are not conditioned enough for when you get stronger your going to muff your self up bad ive seen this happen time an time again ooo look at me i can bench alot then you end up tearing a muscle or ligament in your shoulder or worse tearing a pec please listen to the guys on hear they wont steer you wrong.

Yes, I read quite well, thank you for asking. So, in all your wisdom, you think gaining 20lbs of fat and or water has prepared you to manipulate your endogenous hormones or inject a substance that will affect your blood glucose levels?

We are looking out for your health and well being. You want bad, reckless advice, go somewhere else. Plenty of bad forums elsewhere with people that won't think twice to give you bad advice.

You didn't answer any of the questions asked. So you're on a caloric surplus huh? Really? How do you know - because you simply said so?

BIB is an upstanding member with tremendous knowledge to offer and you blow him off. You are off to a bad start. Care to retry or are you going to continue acting like a little kid demanding someone give him what he wants. If the latter, good luck to you. Stay safe. I won't bother arguing with you if your mind isn't open to learning what you clearly do not know.
    To answer your first question: No.

So you're on a caloric surplus huh? Really? How do you know - because you simply said so? Yes.

About BIB: I'm sure he is knowledgeable. He was also very respectful and courteous. You seem to think that just because somebody has more knowledge then I should do exactly as they say. You do realize we all want different things and want to look different ways right?

'Care to retry or are you going to continue acting like a little kid demanding someone give him what he wants.'
    I never demanded anything. I was looking for advice on insulin . I gave my back-story simply because I felt it was relevant to the possibility of insulin. Not because I needed advice on anything else.

'I won't bother arguing with you if your mind isn't open to learning what you clearly do not know.'
    Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by juice-box View Post
    This is completely scary to me not to chime in to every thread but dude i just watched my friend almost die because he didnt listen to me about slin its an exact science. theres different type's of slin that require different eating habits. i know what its like to be small but deal with it i started at your weight been in your shoes just train hard for a few years. on top of the fact that with aas youll get stronger an bigger but your joints an ligaments are not conditioned enough for when you get stronger your going to muff your self up bad ive seen this happen time an time again ooo look at me i can bench alot then you end up tearing a muscle or ligament in your shoulder or worse tearing a pec please listen to the guys on hear they wont steer you wrong.
    I see. I do not lift big. All my lifts I do full ROM 3 seconds up 3 seconds down, 6 - 12 rep ranges. Not sure if that would help relieve stress from my joints. Would it help if I have been active? I only recently left the military so I've been 'working out' for the past 5 years 5 days a week give or take. Its conditioning and cardio mostly though. It's the past 2 months that I started hitting the gym with weights. I no longer do any cardio since I'm out of the military.

juice-box is offline New Member
    you need a few years of weight lifting conditioning i understand you were in the military the conditioning they give you in basic and the conditioning you get from weight training are two different things you need a few years of weight training to get your joints and ligaments strong. what you need to do is track your carbs fat protein every day. get used to living with a scale for weighing food. an if you can eat 3000-4500 cals a day bench 245 dead lift 405 and squat 405 with proper form for at least 6-10 reps then i would say go for it untill then no your body wont handle aas your big an strong because you lift big and strong an eat like your big an strong no amount of aas can replace those simple factory my friend.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    wait, you have been training for two months and you want to do a steroid cycle at 145lbs and you are 25? Your at an age where you can put on at least 30 more lbs before you start using steroids . And forget insulin , let the pro's use that.

My advice: Establish a high intensity workout routine and a good solid diet to suit your needs. Train/eat for at least another year and see what your progress is, I bet you will be amazed.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm 5'8" and 200lbs. I can say for certain that it took me YEARS to get here and it was not easy. You've been training for 2 months and you're obviously impatient. You need to continue training and learn how to eat.

Thread Information