Jora is offline New Member

Should I start taking steroids? Need some advice

Hey everyone, I just registered but I've been on this site for a while anonymously learning about steroids . I've never been on any steroids at all before and I'm 18 years old. This is my progress history.

April 2011 (start) - 130 pounds (12% body fat)
    April 2012 - 150 pounds (10% body fat)
    December 2013 (currently) - 165 pounds (13% body fat)

I am 18 years old, my height is 5"10 and my goal is 180 pounds with 6% body fat. I'm an ectomorph with very small bone structure. (Wrist is 6 1/2 inches or so and ankle is 7 1/2 inches or so)

I don't want to take steroids as a shortcut but I asked some people and they say that I need to gain 20-25 more pounds of muscle and it is possible naturally but the amount of muscle I gain per year is going to drop a lot so it'll take years. I really want 180lb 6% body fat within 3 years.

My question is, if I were to get on steroids, which would be a safe starting point? I know it's safest to test how your body reacts to them so would test e be a safe one to start with? I was planning on ultimately take tren and clen primarily (Tren for bulk clen for cut) but I know that taking tren for your first cycle is NOT a good idea. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Jora; 12-21-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Chevroletstud is offline Junior Member
    Too young. Read the stickies. Same story every time, ectomorph, small wrists blah blah

DexterMorgan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, you should not.

I figured 18 is young, what age is the minimum in your opinion to start taking them? There's a lot of guys around 19-22 in my college who I workout with and are on them. Is that age more suitable? And if I were to take them now, what would be a safe starting point for bulking?

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    if you have been on this site any length of time you would know that we dont recommend AAS use before the age of.25. you do not need steroids right now, 15lbs at damn near the same bf is pretty awesome to gain in a year's time OP but I know everybody wants a quick fix....

Thanks, I appreciate it. I know if I keep lifting I'll get there eventually because 20lb of muscle isn't that bad to put on when you're only 165 pounds but I want to be a certain size before college is over. It sounds sort of immature but all of the young and really ripped guys I see at my college are on them and the ones who aren't on them aren't ripped. if I just wait it out and take my time, I won't be the age I want to be with the physique I want if that makes any sense. It's hard for me to explain lol

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Absolutely not. Let your neuroendocrine system finish its development. Here's one of many examples of why you should wait until you're 25.

Testosterone levels

ickythump is offline Member
    Yes you will begin to build muscle more slowly as you age, but you are very far from that time. Even if it takes two years to hit 180 (you could do it in 1 if you really get knowledgeable, hit the diet forum). You dont seem to have problems keeping fat off so I would turn the calories as high as possible (try for all clean sources!!) Good luck bud!!

Thanks man, yeah I lose weight very rapidly. I've only been lifting for 2 1/2 years but I've bulked from September to April then cut from April to June then ate slightly over my maintenance calories for the months of July and August. It's just that I put on 20ish pounds of muscle in the first year and the last year I only put on 10 or so and I feel that by the end of this bulk and when I cut down by summer 2014, I'll only have put on like 5 pounds of muscle.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Jora View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I know if I keep lifting I'll get there eventually because 20lb of muscle isn't that bad to put on when you're only 165 pounds but I want to be a certain size before college is over. It sounds sort of immature but all of the young and really ripped guys I see at my college are on them and the ones who aren't on them aren't ripped. if I just wait it out and take my time, I won't be the age I want to be with the physique I want if that makes any sense. It's hard for me to explain lol
    you are going to have problems later. Cycling at your age is like buying a new shiny bike on a credit card....ride now and then pay later

Would there be anything that has less risk at this age? I don't know much about growth hormones but what would you say about that? Is that worth taking? Thanks for the help by the way.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    not being an ass, but supplement wise maybe protein/creatine? How about a solid diet and training plan?

No, you're not being an ass at all, I should have mentioned it in the post before. I'm taking 175g protein a day 5g creatine a day during bulks and eating 3000 calories a day. I lift 5 days a week.

Sunday - Legs
    Monday - chest/triceps
    Tuesday- off
    Wednesday - Back/biceps
    Thursday - Shoulders
    Friday - off
    Saturday - full body

I want to eat more because gaining weight is so hard for me but whenever I eat 3500-4000 calories or so, I get acne and I've tested this 5 or 6 different times. I'm carb sensitive so whenever I take a weight gainer or just start eating double of what I normally eat, the insulin spikes due to high glycemic indexes cause more sebum production and I get more acne. That's why I try to keep my calories reasonable. I know I'd have a body full of acne if I got on any test or steroids but the rate I'm going now is slow and I still have acne.

I didn't have acne last year but ever since I started doing more compound lifts and gaining weight and muscle and lifting heavier , I have gotten more (increased test I guess).

ickythump is offline Member
    You sound like a smart kid, head to diet and nutrition and lifting, talk with those guys....also, you can go the route I went and read medical studies/college sports journals and find the nutrition and lifting info to maximize your time, maybe someone can link you to some good studies...........now, one thing you can do at this age, is play into your hormones, there's times of day/things to eat/types of lifting that can help you slightly use your natural hormones to your advantage....imagine getting close to the size of the aas using crew naturally because you're being smart, with a solid base when you did use aas you'd be a beast bro!!

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Here's the low down. Most young guys will put on lots of pounds from 16 to 25 it's called growing up and filling out, becoming a man.
    We here all these stories of all the weight guys have gained on steriods .
    They would have gained it anyway.

Train hard eat right and let your body finish growing.

sportsman23 is offline Junior Member
    You will be at 180 and 6% in three years if that's your goal you said. That not something that's impossible

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I haven't used this stack for acne but worth a read

http://forums.steroid.com/supplement...al-1-herb.html

I have to agree with the guys, you have a number of years to fill out naturally. I too am impatient but you have made great progress naturally and you have more time to make more gains naturally.

Thread Information