Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Lunk1
  • 1 Post By Megalodon6
  • 1 Post By ickythump
  • 1 Post By diesel101

Thread: NFL Kicker

zWonka is offline Junior Member

NFL Kicker

Wassup fellas, I was wondering if any of you knew what muscle group I should really focus on to make my field goal kick longer? I can kick about a 50yd FG right now, my uncle is good friends with a super bowl winning retired NFL player that is now a scout, I was told if I can get 5 more yards put on my FG he'll scout me and send my name around and since not many can kick a 50 much less 55 yards consistantly its almost guaranteed ill be signed, I'm leaving to Basic Training in 7 days, my contract for the army ends in 3 years so I have 3 years to get just 5 more yards, I'm 19 and HGH is to expensive so I'm not looking to do it and steroids are obviously off the table, any suggestions on how to bump up my FG range?

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Work legs like you hate em!
    zWonka likes this.

All of legs? Or a single muscle group in them? I've tried researching it but cant find anything on it.

Megalodon6 is offline Member
    Curls for girls brah lol. Jk like lunks said kill them legs
    zWonka likes this.

ickythump is offline Member
    posterior chain bud...idk if size would help you tho....check around in lifting forum but my.02.would be that and you need a balance of strength flexibility and explosive power, the psoas needs to be fluid yet strong and I know that the glutes hoist the straightened leg upwards at the top because my ass hurts like a mother when I leg swing with this ugl pip Lolol....research how the posterior chain can deliver explosive power and stability on the planted leg to turn your foot into a wrecking ball
    zWonka likes this.

Preciate it, I think that's exactly what I need to do

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I envy you for having a talent like that. Give it you're all and you should do great.
    I got 0 talents just good looks.
    zWonka likes this.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    If you have that much talent what are enlisting for?

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    You have that great of a leg and you didn't get any scholarships? If you can hit 50 yarders semi consistent you should be getting scholarship offers all over. Quite a leg already, just keep doing what you are doing but work it more.

Projectswole44 is offline Junior Member
    Hit them legs oh and try to keep them attached to your body

In high school I never dressed cuz my grades were never good enough, messed around too much. My position wasn't kicker anyways, I started as RB and was switched to slot reciever, my main focus was baseball anyways. I enlisted last summer and I hadn't kicked a FG since like Freshman year where I could kick a 40-45 yd FG at that time so I was messing around about 3-4 months ago and hit 40 clean moved to 50 and just got it and been trying to improve since.
    Last edited by zWonka; 12-22-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Theres a big diff between kicking a 50 yarder in practice and in a game.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I would get with a good coach, working on form u could get probably a few yards
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    A good collegiate coach could get you those extra yards. Kickers don't have tree trunks for legs. They just know how to whip the sucker fast. Plyo metric work would help I imagine. But the best benefit you could get was 4-5 years of growth and collegiate coaching.

Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.

As of right now my plan is wherever I get stationed ill check with the local high school or college(s) to see if I can practice when the fields available and try looking at nearby colleges for a kicking coach that may allow me to hire him for help along with asking the scout if he knows anyone in that area. I think having a coach or trainer teaching me everything I need to know my distance should go up at least 5 yards.

Thread Information