Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Igifuno
  • 1 Post By Igifuno
  • 1 Post By diesel101

Thread: bulk cut bulk cut...when do yiu stop and maintain ?

enigma10 is offline Member

bulk cut bulk cut...when do yiu stop and maintain ?

So Im the process of losing bf and then cycle, my question is I would bulk then cut then bulk then cut but at what point do you stop bulking and cutting and maintain your size, strength and looks ?

brazuka is offline Associate Member
    When you feel satisfied with how your physique looks and want to keep it like that, then maintain it. Until you have a new goal, it's 100% completely up to you what you would like to do.

Test Rage is offline Junior Member
    until you are 3% bodyfat at 350 lbs. thats when you stop. or your heart explodes from too much gear. Or you go to jail because of tren rage.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i've only heavy bulked once. I usually don't go crazy. I'd rather put on less weight and maintain a good look all the time. So i really just try and add lean mass and very little bf
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Test Rage is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i've only heavy bulked once. I usually don't go crazy. I'd rather put on less weight and maintain a good look all the time. So i really just try and add lean mass and very little bf
    This honestly is how bodybuilding should be done. American bodybuilders except bodyfat and sacrifice health for gains they can barely keep anyways. Consistent gains without sacrificing your lean body or your health. Very nice gixxer

Quote Originally Posted by Test Rage View Post
    This honestly is how bodybuilding should be done. American body except bodyfat and sacrifice health for gains they can barely keep anyways. Consistent gains without sacrificing your lean body or your health. Very nice gixxer
    But the purposes of bulking is to pack on muscle...which you can do on cutting but it might take longer, plus the strength song be there that you would get while bulking.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma10
    So Im the process of losing bf and then cycle, my question is I would bulk then cut then bulk then cut but at what point do you stop bulking and cutting and maintain your size, strength and looks ?
    There is no rule that says you have to cut after a bulk. For example, I'm currently bulking on cycle, but will continue to do so afterward and off cycle. Planning on cutting for my next cycle around late spring, assuming I meet my bulking goals.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno

There is no rule that says you have to cut after a bulk. For example, I'm currently bulking on cycle, but will continue to do so afterward and off cycle. Planning on cutting for my next cycle around late spring, assuming I meet my bulking goals.
    ^^^Precisely! There is no "rule". I base my cycles on my goals as well as how I look and feel.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, dont do a dirty bulk. At first its fun getting fat, but then it just gets depressing. Chicks dont feel you. DUmp you fast. Looks matter. You got one life to live you should never spend half the year fat not getting laid hardly and with no self esteem. just eat a lil above maintenence

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Gotcha, so instead of bulk cut bulk cut you just bulk bulk till you meet your goals.. that method is new to me and appealing.

So when your off bulking cycle, what do uou take ? I hear people who take certain gear on cutting but not bulk.

Blog Entries
    The biggest contributing factor to bulking or cutting is your diet. Many of the same compounds can be used synonymously for either bulking or cutting. Typically, however, compounds that create bloat such as dbol or drol are avoided in a cutting cycle. A very simple and popular cutting cycle is test!

Other popular compounds for cutting is tren , winny, var, but not always necessary. Not sure off hand what your stats or cycle history is, so before running out and buying all of the aforementioned compounds, do some research and figure out what's right for you. But, diet is the single most important thing you need to have figured out to accomplish your goals, whether it be bulking or cutting.
    enigma10 likes this.

[QUOTE=Igifuno;677127e biggest contributing factor to bulking or cutting is your diet. Many of the compounds can be used synonymously for either bulking or cutting. Typically, however, compounds that create bloat such as dbol or drol are avoided in a cutting cycle. A very simple and popular cutting cycle is test!

Other popular compounds for cutting is tren , winny, var, but not always necessary. Not sure off hand what your stats or cycle history is, so before running out and buying all of the aforementioned compounds, do some research and figure out what's right for you. But, diet is the single most important thing you need to have figured out to accomplish your goals, whether it be bulking or cutting.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see ok usually when bulk then cutting one will bulk the same amount of timd as cutting
    So if im bulking with high calorie ...how long do I do that for, norrmal 12 weeks ? Then keep bulking with lower calorie for say the same amount of time then back to the higher calorie bulk?

I'm going to start with test c then I was planning on test and tren. This is what I did last time about 2 years ago and this is what u want to do now.

The biggest contributing factor to bulking or cutting is your diet. Many of the same compounds can be used synonymously for either bulking or cutting. Typically, however, compounds that create bloat such as dbol or drol are avoided in a cutting cycle. A very simple and popular cutting cycle is test!

Other popular compounds for cutting is tren, winny, var, but not always necessary. Not sure off hand what your stats or cycle history is, so before running out and buying all of the aforementioned compounds, do some research and figure out what's right for you. But, diet is the single most important thing you need to have figured out to accomplish your goals, whether it be bulking or cutting.
    Ah, I see ok usually when bulk then cutting one will bulk the same amount of timd as cutting
    So if im bulking with high calorie ...how long do I do that for, norrmal 12 weeks ? Then keep bulking with lower calorie for say the same amount of time then back to the higher calorie bulk?

I'm going to start with test c then I was planning on test and tren . This is what I did last time about 2 years ago and this is what u want to do now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma10 View Post

I'm going to start with test c then I was planning on test and tren. This is what I did last time about 2 years ago and this is what u want to do now.
    Again there is no rule.. there is no set time frame in which you're 'supposed to' bulk for. Also, do not lower your calories when bulking. Think about it, if you're bulking, keep your calories 5-800 above maintenance on a bulk, regardless of whether you're cycling or not. As I stated above, I'm currently bulking, and will end my cycle in a matter of weeks, but plan on continuing to bulk for the next several months (until May), at which time, assuming I meet my bulking goals, I will begin to cut.

So when cutting, as opposed to eating above maintenance, I will eat slightly below maintenance and will continue intense training throughout. But until then, caloric intake will stay high. Recalculate your TDEE and macros as your body changes and when your goals (bulk vs. cut) change.
    enigma10 likes this.

Again there is no rule.. there is no set time frame in which you're 'supposed to' bulk for. Also, do not lower your calories when bulking. Think about it, if you're bulking, keep your calories 5-800 above maintenance on a bulk, regardless of whether you're cycling or not. As I stated above, I'm currently bulking, and will end my cycle in a matter of weeks, but plan on continuing to bulk for the next several months (until May), at which time, assuming I meet my bulking goals, I will begin to cut.

So when cutting, as opposed to eating above maintenance, I will eat slightly below maintenance and will continue intense training throughout. But until then, caloric intake will stay high. Recalculate your TDEE and macros as your body changes and when your goals (bulk vs. cut) change.
    ok, i see....now when off cycle you suggested to keep my maintenance the same and hit just as hard, wont i gain a few more unwanted pounds as im not cycling so i cant do as much or go as far ?

Also are you off cycle as much as you are on and when off cycle do you take anything ?

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    it really wont be hard because you will notice when you are getting a lil puffy in certain areas.Then you cut back.I just wish I followed my own advice

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    OP If you are like most everyone that has started the bodybuilding lifestyle you will never be big enough in youre own eyes to stop and maintain. I don't know of anyone that woke up one morning and said "yep I'm big enough".
    Most people that are into the lifestyle look in the mirror and still see somebody half their size.
    I was just going to lose some fat and put on a little muscle a few years ago and never dreamed of using gear.
    That's just my opinion.
    enigma10 likes this.

All great info, thanks guys

Thread Information