Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Iron / RBC too high to donate blood - What do?

RoadToHuge is offline Associate Member

Iron / RBC too high to donate blood - What do?

Been on Trene/teste. Cutting cycle short because my iron is so high I cannot even donate blood. I believe its my high RBC which I tend to have genetically. What can I do to get my iron down enough to donate. I have tried for 2 weeks to donate but I have been just beyond the range. Today I was waaay beyond the range. I am thinking that the Letro I am taking is making the situation worse. I am switching out to exemestane.

Is there anything I can take to lower the iron enough so I can donate. I have never let it get this high before and I don't know of any way of lowering it except my donating blood. Too scared to bleed myself, worried if I pass out while doing it ill croak..

juice-box is offline New Member
    Yeah Thats a tough one all I know to do is donate blood or blood letting. its a rough one you can try a heavy metal detox kit an see if that work or at least helps a bit

Thanks!

Muscleink - Help!?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadToHuge
    Thanks!

Muscleink - Help!?
    Sounds like you may have hemochromatosis. What are your ferritin levels at? Was transferrin saturation or total iron binding capacity measured?

Was liver function tested?

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    why cant u just schedule a phlembotomy if you want to let blood. id be scared to do it as well. thats what I would do if I needed to get hemocrit down. these are just suggestions btw. I dont know alot about this sort of thing. its a tuff call due to your already high rbc.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Sounds like you may have hemochromatosis. What are your ferritin levels at? Was transferrin saturation or total iron binding capacity measured?

Was liver function tested?
    No liver function not tested. No insurance so I went to give blood and levels came back to high to donate. Liver levels always in line before. No other liver function issues such as jaundice. Stopping cycle but will have to trt level test for the next week and a half. I want to let the tren leave my system first. GOing to uses clomid and triptorelin for PCT. I was trt but this has me scared and going to try to get normal for bit.

No liver function not tested. No insurance so I went to give blood and levels came back to high to donate. Liver levels always in line before. No other liver function issues such as jaundice. Stopping cycle but will have to trt level test for the next week and a half. I want to let the tren leave my system first. GOing to uses clomid and triptorelin for PCT. I was trt but this has me scared and going to try to get normal for bit.
    Any significant injuries or inflammation recently? This can affect ferritin levels. We're you fasted when blood was taken?

For now, avoid alcohol and high doses of vitamin C. Blood letting is the fastest way to reduce ferritin levels, however polyphenols and phytates will block iron absorption - but the process is slow. Whole grains, nuts, soy products, beans, and potatoes are examples of phytates. Green leafy vegetables are high in polyphenols as are some brands of tea and coffee.

No injuries except training twice a day like a mad man. Lifts were very heavy every day and no rests.

Thanks MuscleInk!!

No injuries except training twice a day like a mad man. Lifts were very heavy every day and no rests.

Thanks MuscleInk!!
    No worries brother. I'll check with the hematologist in my group and see if he has any other suggestions other than blood letting.

Many thanks! God Bless!

Love this site. People here are awesome. Thank everyone

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Talk to bass. I think he let's blood at home.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Just take a full dose of aspirin, jam the largest needle you can find in your antecubital vein (the big one in the crook of your arm), and try to fill a solo cup. You won't die even if you pass out, since the needle will clog once you stop milking blood out (by making a fist).
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 01-01-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    Red Bastard likes this.

Red Bastard is offline Member
    What Bonaparte said.
    I made a phlebotomy kit, with a mason jar, 2 aquarium tubes through the lid (on to attach to the needle, and one to suck on, to create a vacuum in the jar), and a bunch of 18gx1" needles. The needles clot up pretty fast, so bleeding out, with your thick blood, would be impossible. So far, I've only managed 1/3 C per session, but I'm going to buy a larger diameter tube, for my suction line. Hopefully, I'll be able to suck the clots before they clog the needle. Hoping for a pint, on my next try....

Fun stuff, but I'm morbid that way. Spent lots of time, as a child, and teen, visiting my mom, at work, in our local hospital lab, so blood doesn't scare me at all, quite the opposite really...

Thanks everyone!

Thread Information