Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk

Thread: Injecting and managing liquids questions

thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member

Injecting and managing liquids questions

Ok, more questions about the ins and outs of injecting (pun intended)

1) How deep to go? I've read that 1 inch needles should be sufficient for mosts sites and 1.5 for glutes. Should the needle be inserted as far as it can go? How do I know if it is in deep enough?

2) IM or SUBQ, most people talk about IM when injecting test, but the videos show test SUBQ as well, what is the reasoning that most people use IM?

3) Can HCG be mixed with test e in one injection to minimize perforating myself?

4) I read that leaving an air bubble in the needle to ensure that all the juice in the needle is used, does that mean that the needle needs to be inserted in such a way that gravity will hold the liquid at the bottom and the bubble at the top?

5) Will I need multiple large gauge needles for drawing the liquids in order to keep everything sterile and un-contaminated or should I reuse one each draw?

6) How do you dispose of used needles?

7) Can I prepare a needle with test e and HCG (assuming 3 is yes) for use then store it for a few hours before using it?

Thanks in advance

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenix25
    Ok, more questions about the ins and outs of injecting (pun intended)

1) How deep to go? I've read that 1 inch needles should be sufficient for mosts sites and 1.5 for glutes. Should the needle be inserted as far as it can go? How do I know if it is in deep enough?

2) IM or SUBQ, most people talk about IM when injecting test, but the videos show test SUBQ as well, what is the reasoning that most people use IM?

3) Can HCG be mixed with test e in one injection to minimize perforating myself?

4) I read that leaving an air bubble in the needle to ensure that all the juice in the needle is used, does that mean that the needle needs to be inserted in such a way that gravity will hold the liquid at the bottom and the bubble at the top?

5) Will I need multiple large gauge needles for drawing the liquids in order to keep everything sterile and un-contaminated or should I reuse one each draw?

6) How do you dispose of used needles?

7) Can I prepare a needle with test e and HCG (assuming 3 is yes) for use then store it for a few hours before using it?

Thanks in advance
    1. Depth depends on how much body fat you have and where it's distributed. Do you know your current body fat percentage? See picture below. 1 inch is plenty for most areas (pecs, delts, traps, biceps). You shouldn't need to go the full length of the needle. 1 1/2 inch should be plenty for quads and glutes, but again that depends in your bf %.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2257533342.jpg 
Views:	1117 
Size:	322.4 KB 
ID:	147380

2. Most injections are IM. SubQ is typically done with low doses, generally not doses used for cycling (TRT doses more commonly for subQ). IM is better for absorption because of greater vascularity in the muscle vs. subQ space.

3. HCG is typically administered subQ and is measured in IUs, not MGs or MLs. Most people prefer to inject HCG subQ with an insulin pin. It can be injected IM with testosterone but remember, HCG is prepared in bacteriostatic water and testosterone esters are suspended in oil so the two wont mix completely in the syringe.

4. Don't over think it. Leave a small bubble. It will move through the fluid with the injection.

5. Never ever reuse a needle. This increases risk for severe infection!!!

6. Needles "should" be disposed in a biohazard material container. Few people observe this standard because they do not have access to said containers. Many simply dispose of used needles in sealed bags as then wrap the bags several times before disposal.

7. See response above.

This sounds like your first cycle. Is that correct?
    Red Bastard likes this.

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

According to the pics you show I am somewhere between 12-15% bf, I don't carry much fat and can see my six pack when flexed. So would 1 inch needles would be ok for all areas?

Would you suggest I inject HCG separately from test e?

I've not started any cycles yet, this is my "homework" in preparation for 6-12 months time. I've been working out for about 18 months and want to see if steroids might be something for me in the future. I expect I will experiment with them when the time comes so I'm gathering info at the mo.

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

According to the pics you show I am somewhere between 12-15% bf, I don't carry much fat and can see my six pack when flexed. So would 1 inch needles would be ok for all areas?

Would you suggest I inject HCG separately from test e?

I've not started any cycles yet, this is my "homework" in preparation for 6-12 months time. I've been working out for about 18 months and want to see if steroids might be something for me in the future. I expect I will experiment with them when the time comes so I'm gathering info at the mo.
    Yes, 1 inch should suffice. I recommend no larger than 25g to inject.

Personally, I inject HCG separately because its prepared in bacstat H2O and measured in IUs.

Sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Remember to post your cycle and nutrition plan before you cycle tiger the most out of your cycle.

Thanks for the good info

Thanks for the good info
    You're very welcome!

Anonona is offline Junior Member
    6. Buy a sharps container online (or from a needle exchange). Dispose of it at an exchange or similar.

Thanks Anonona, I'll look into that

Thread Information