Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk

Thread: Track & Halotestin

bhst1 is offline New Member

Track & Halotestin

About Me:
    I'm a senior in my school's varsity track. My height is 5'10 and I weigh 162 lbs at around 9 or 10 percent body fat. My best lifts are 285x4 or 300x1 for squat, 365x2 deadlift, 185x5 for bench although I avoid doing much upper body work anymore. The events I run are the 800m, 4x800m, 1600m, and occasionally a 4x400m.

Before races I generally supplement with the following:
    caffeine 350mg
    citrulline malete 7g
    beta-alanine 3.2g
    l-carnitine l-tartrate 1g

and I'm currently researching the benefits and effects of glycerol & several lactic acid buffers. Basically, I'm trying to obtain as many advantages as I possibly can. The reason I made this thread, though, is to inquire whether a 4 week cycle of 20mg halotestin ED would increase my performance by a significant amount? I've read that the strength gains on it are phenomenal, yet this steroid isn't about increasing mass, which I'm fond of. I've also read that it has the ability to increase a person's amount of red blood cells, and therefore their VO2 max.

But I've had quite a lot of trouble trying to find reports from similar athletes about whether its effect are significant enough to warrant its use. So I'm just wondering if anybody would be able to answer whether or not it would be a good steroid for a track athlete?

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    You're 18 brother.. no steroid is recommended for anyone your age.

Blog Entries
    Halo is more common for power lifters and even as a pre-contest drug. It's pretty toxic as well so please research more before considering anything at your age. You should wait at least another 6-8 years before administering any type of steroid or run the risk of permenantly damaging your HPTA system.

I have heard that it's one of the most hepatotoxic steroids , which definitely made me shy towards the lesser/shorter cycle of 20mg for 4 weeks rather than the maximum I've heard of 40mg for 6 weeks. And there are a decent amount of anecdotes of people who have used it for power lifting or the final stages of a pre-contest prep.

And I agree it would be wise to wait until I'm at least 24 or 25 to run my first cycle, but that would be either the final stages or past the end of my competitive running career. I don't even have a source for halotestin at the moment. I'm just wondering about how great of an effect it could have on my running and if it would be worth the trouble of obtaining and cycling.

The only other illegal drug that I've ever bothered with was 2,4-DNP , and it was an enormous hassle to acquire, and even more so to use.

Blog Entries
    You sure like the toxic stuff huh?

To answer your question, I've never heard of anyone in track or running use halo for performance, not to say they haven't. As you know, halo causes some intense aggression and you also may want to consider any possible adverse effeects that it could have with the current supps you're taking (caffine, etc.) as it relates to BP and possible strain on your CNS as both caffine and halo bind to it.

As a runner/endurance athlete, I would be cautious about spending too much energy as you will feel aggressive and then your body fooling you into continuing at a pace beyond what it is prepared to face and you end up causing serious injury or worse.

In other words, put the sauce down at this stage man.. you're too young. Train and compete naturally - that's the best advice i can give you.

Best of luck.

Haha I'm just attracted to effectiveness of something, not really its toxicity.

& I hadn't thought of its use for regulating blood pressure while under the effect of stimulants. That's definitely something I have to consider if I do or don't decide to pursue it. Thanks for supplying some info

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Have to agree with Igi. Benefits are negligible and risks outweigh any benefit you may perceive. Hepatotoxicity aside (and it is one of the most hepatotoxic compounds) there are far too many neurological, hematological, genitourinary, and endocrine risks for this compound. It is not in your best interest as an endurance athlete.
    Igifuno likes this.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Ive used it and saw nooo benifit to cardio activity. Big risk with 0 reward.

Thread Information