gettintherequick is offline Associate Member

how does hcg effect hair loss? viable test substitute?

Started to really notice my hair receeding and getting thin on top. My usual cycle is test 600mg/week dbol 20mg/day 12 weeks on. Iv dropped test now due to the hair loss and I am currently running equipoise and 20mg dbol. Going to drop the dbol now to as hair is still getting worse. Iv a comp in 10 weeks and I am wondering what I can run with the EQ that won't make the hair loss worse? Maybe anava and hcg ? What effect will the hcg have on the hair line?

I have ordered regaine topical treatment and was thinking of giving finasteride a go but so many horror stories of libido loss etc.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Many complaints of hair lost on hcg when used as diet aid
    Last edited by derekkpapa1; 01-04-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Would it be better to run test at a trt dosage along with eq and anavar , would finasteride be needed at trt dosage? Or run test at 500mg with finasteride EQ and anavar?

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Do you mean HGH? I have never heard of hair loss issues with HCG before, but could be wrong. I would drop the Dbol altogether, extremely harsh on the hair in fact that may be the culprit and not the test. This is my advice to you as I have had experience with it. Get some fin (Propecia) and STAY ON IT. Don't worry about the sides, if you experience any sides just stop taking it. Fin will help prevent the test from converting to DHT which is what causes hair loss. There has been some discussions on whether or not fin will prevent gains while on test. I have ran fin or duta for every cycle and my gains were top notch. But again, if you are prone to hair loss (look at the males on your moms side of the family) then get a prescription for fin and stay on it. If you stop AAS you still run the possibility of experiencing further hair loss. I have been using fin for 4 years now. Minoxidil is also a good solution to helping thinning hair grow back.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    HCG will only hurt your hair as much as the testosterone your body releases in response to it (and subsequent DHT production).

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    HCG will only hurt your hair as much as the testosterone your body releases in response to it (and subsequent DHT production).
    Yeah, think about what HCG does. It stimulates FSH and LH which in turn leads to higher natty test level but it is the conversion to DHT by the 5ar enzyme that causes the hair loss. You must take a 5ar inhibitor. Finasteride will block around 70% conversion and dutasteride will block around 90%. Any libido loss should recover. I have only read a few stories online of permanent libido loss and I don't know how legit those were.

Thanks for all the input.

Currently running equipoise 600mg just purchased hcg to run with it so il give this a shot first. Was going to run 10mg dbol aswel as this provides full androgen replacement and I love it but based on the advice given I will drop it altogether. Not happy about that at all but hey iv no choice. Next time round I will give test and finasteride a go to see how I respond to it. Heard tons of horror stories :/

Thread Information