juice555 is offline Junior Member

Anavar melting point test

Has anyone successfully tested Anavar powder's melting point of ~235C ?
    I've been told the lower flash point of ~175C affects the actual melting point (~235C) which translates into faster liquification around 205C.

Sounds like crap to me, but wondering other's findings...

This works if you have pure Oxandrolone. If it's mixed with fillers the melting point changes.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    You might get a better response to this in the lab section 555 I think there is a list of compounds and there melting points
    Last edited by clarky.; 01-06-2014 at 03:13 PM.

flenser is offline Junior Member
    You could use a var/winny test from (can I name the distributor?) to determine if it's var, winny or something else. It won't give you the concentration, though, just a pass-fail color test. The test is made by MMC International in the Netherlands and sold to LE as a field test.

juice555 is offline Junior Member
    Nice! I had no idea there was a test available.
    You can always PM me the distributor.

P.S. I am using an IR temp reader against a black frying pan. Its been accurate around the 100C level. Never measured anything higher. Hopefully there are no issues with my measurement methods.

Can a mod move this thread for me to the lab section?

Test me is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    This works if you have pure Oxandrolone. If it's mixed with fillers the melting point changes.
    If its Flash Point is lower than its Melting Point then you have a very strange compound that will not react as expected - It will not melt at 235c unless under certain conditions and will not vapourize at the stated temperature unless under certain conditions either.

This is very advanced chemistry, though, and to be honest using a frying pan for a melting point test does not cut it in any shape or form anyway. You need a Hot Plate that can increase the temperature by 1c every 30s to perform a melting point test of any value.

PM sent..

Quote Originally Posted by juice555 View Post
    Nice! I had no idea there was a test available.
    You can always PM me the distributor.

P.S. I am using an IR temp reader against a black frying pan. Its been accurate around the 100C level. Never measured anything higher. Hopefully there are no issues with my measurement methods.

Can a mod move this thread for me to the lab section?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flenser View Post
    PM sent..
    Good luck with that. You cant send or receive PM until you have at least 50 post.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Good luck with that. You cant send or receive PM until you have at least 50 post.
    Ha, figures. Thanks for the heads up. I guess anyone can google the same of the company and find a distributor.

Thread Information