mrsolomon is offline New Member

Ignorant question coming from a 18 y/o

I'm 18 and I've had gynocomastia for 5 years now and its moderately severe. It destroys how my physique looks and it is destroying my self confidence. I was told by doctors "it would go away in a year" since the age of 13 and it has yet to go away.

I'm interested in aromatase inhibitors in seeing that gyno is caused by an imbalance in estrogen to test. Should I get medical grade aromatase inhibitors and just take that? Get gyno surgery (costly)?

I understand that I'm only 18, and it is advised for me to take anabolics at this young of an age (I don't plan to), but would it be advised against this aswell, considering I have had this naturally high estrogen level since the beginning of puberty? Let me know what you wise men think, I don't plan on taking it if it will screw up my development/hormones for the rest of my life.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsolomon
    I'm 18 and I've had gynocomastia for 5 years now and its moderately severe. It destroys how my physique looks and it is destroying my self confidence. I was told by doctors "it would go away in a year" since the age of 13 and it has yet to go away.

I'm interested in aromatase inhibitors in seeing that gyno is caused by an imbalance in estrogen to test. Should I get medical grade aromatase inhibitors and just take that? Get gyno surgery (costly)?

I understand that I'm only 18, and it is advised for me to take anabolics at this young of an age (I don't plan to), but would it be advised against this aswell, considering I have had this naturally high estrogen level since the beginning of puberty? Let me know what you wise men think, I don't plan on taking it if it will screw up my development/hormones for the rest of my life.
    When was your last blood test? Before taking anything, it's best to know what factors may or may not be contributing. A full hormone panel should be done.

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    It might not actually be gynecomastia . It is very possible that you just have excess fat deposits in your chest. Gyno is the actual formation of breast tissue in the chest, whereas the other is just fat deposits. I had the latter and had lipo done twice to help with the issue. A doctor will be able to assist in diagnosing actual gyno or just excess fat deposits.

raj1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsolomon View Post

First off, sorry to hear about your issue. Secondly, gynecomastia is not always caused by elevated estrogen, rather an imbalance of testosterone :estrogen. It's highly unlikely that any amount of SERMs or AIs will reduce any amount of breat tissue, not only that but they're not to be taken lightly, especially at your age when your hormones are still in flux. The majority of regular doctors (even endos) know absolutely nothing worth knowing about gynecomastia. The best person to seek out advice from will be an experience plastic surgeon who has seen hundreds of cases. Before I end this, DO NOT take any advice from ANYONE telling you to take AIs or SERMs without an experienced doctors supervision. Unfortunately there are hardly any doctors experienced with treating gynecomastia who don't solve the issue with a knife. At the end of the day, a plastic surgeon is going to be your best bet to help you through this hardship. Best of luck.

Kids can get gynocomastia during puberty. My brother in law's actually got it during high school. It can be really frustrating. You should get a second opinion from an endocrinologist. If your E2/Test is off he might put you on a drug regiment. Otherwise, he might tell you to wait and let your body take its course. Either way, you should seek professional help before you self medicate. You're young, be patient, be safe.

Thread Information