sportsman23 is offline Junior Member

Flexeril and steroids

I'm currently on test deca and dbol and anadrol cycle an was just prescribed flexeril for my back for inflammation is it ok to take while on the cycle like could their be a reaction between the them. I couldn't fine any other info online. Thanks

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Not sure about any reactions, but how often are you suppose to take the flexeril? Couple of things come to mind, one if you have back inflammation is lifting making it worse? Also have you ever taken flexeril? It is a pretty serious muscle relaxer, I have taken it before and it is a chore just to stand up. I could not even imagine trying to get a work out in. You might want to think about cycling off and focus on getting better. Also I am sure you forgot to mention you are also taking test

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No contraindications. You can take both. Take flexeril only as needed. Taking with food is preferred method. On empty stomach you are more likely to experience fatigue and lethargy.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    dbol & oxy's holy fvck sportsman not a very good idea

King- I did mention I'm takeing test too and it really just gets inflamed if I overwork it so its not effecting my workouts too much and I have had it his problem for a while so didn't want to wait anymore. Tabs are 10 mg
    Muscle- thanks have you ever taken it before
    Clark- 50 mg dbol Ed 25 anadrol Ed

Cyclobenzaprine is not an opioid. The exact mechanism of action is as yet fully known as it seems to exert effects on norepinephrine, muscarinic acetylcholinergic receptors and serotonin receptor subtypes.

I have used it a few times on and off cycle for severe muscle spasms. Again, use AS NEEDED only.

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsman23 View Post
    King- I did mention I'm takeing test too and it really just gets inflamed if I overwork it so its not effecting my workouts too much and I have had it his problem for a while so didn't want to wait anymore. Tabs are 10 mg
    Muscle- thanks have you ever taken it before
    Clark- 50 mg dbol Ed 25 anadrol Ed
    I have taken flexeril before, not sure what the dose was but it put me on my ass. I felt tired and lethargic like my muscles did not work, it's almost a drunk feeling. It took care of the pain but again to do anything else like work out was not an option. Anyway that was my experience with it, not saying that's what you will encounter as medication effects everyone differently.

Thanks guys for the info I appreciate it

anon99 is offline New Member
    Flexeril is not an anti-inflammatory. If you want to reduce inflammation take Ibuprofen or any other NSAID. Flexeril is used as a muscle relaxant to relieve muscle spasms.

Quote Originally Posted by king6 II

I have taken flexeril before, not sure what the dose was but it put me on my ass. I felt tired and lethargic like my muscles did not work, it's almost a drunk feeling. It took care of the pain but again to do anything else like work out was not an option. Anyway that was my experience with it, not saying that's what you will encounter as medication effects everyone differently.
    Yes, if taken on an empty stomach it will often cause lethargy. Hence my recommendation to take with food.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Wow flexeril doesn't work noticeably on me but Im on trt test only and have no problems with the 2 mixed

mashedp is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anon99 View Post
    Flexeril is not an anti-inflammatory. If you want to reduce inflammation take Ibuprofen or any other NSAID. Flexeril is used as a muscle relaxant to relieve muscle spasms.
    Well said Anon. Ive been dealing with back issues for over 10 years now, multiple surgeries, been prescribed everything under the sun. Obviously the less pills you put in your body, the easier it is on your body. Sportsman if its a constant or regular issue look into getting an ice machine, ie DonJoy Iceman. I use this machine all the time with some advil, rather that resorting to the governments Rx. The pain killers, muscle relaxers, etc only mask the issue, rather than an anti inflam and ice, which will actually help resolve the issue at hand.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't ibuprophen, or any NSAIDs suppress protein synthesis, and hinder muscle growth as a result?

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Doesn't ibuprophen, or any NSAIDs suppress protein synthesis, and hinder muscle growth as a result?
    ive heard/read this as well but if i remember correct its (hinderence)is negligible

Blog Entries
    I'll try to look more into this later, and have actually been thinking about it. I use NSAIDs quite a bit, especially when training shoulders - the pain is immense even with it. I've read where lots of other members use it as well for shoulder pain or joint pain.

I use 6 ibuprofen daily down from a year ago (I had elevated liver or kidney I forget which) and just from cutting to half what I used to use the level went well back into range...I went back on tramadol but only 2 a day to make up for it and the combo works well for me...1 flexeril at night as well...chronic back issues and arthritic type knee pain and like igu mentioned I have shoulder issues but only during workouts

Being on trt and on a slight caloric deficit I've kept most muscle from what I can tell

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
    No, only at extreme doses for extended periods is it a potential issue. You'd be more likely to encounter stomach disorders with the high levels required to impair protein synthesis before you noticed a change in protein shuttling to muscles.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    fexeril is a muscle relaxer, I've had a Rx for the past 7 yrs and there is no issues with taking while on AAS. Good for muscle spasms.It will however not help with muscle cramps, I would get some taurine, I swear by it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    No, only at extreme doses for extended periods is it a potential issue. You'd be more likely to encounter stomach disorders with the high levels required to impair protein synthesis before you noticed a change in protein shuttling to muscles.
    Thanks for the clarity doc..

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno

Thanks for the clarity doc..
    No problem big guy.

local81support is offline New Member
    should be ok I am not a doctor but im sure if the doctor says its ok then it should be

tattoo449 is offline New Member
    My past cycle was real similar and I'm prescribed flexaril for my back also. I've had no problems what so ever combining them.

Mashedp- if I rest it it feels good but as soon as I'm hitting the gym and put stress on it I can feel it I can tap lower back and get a shock down from right lower back where pain is to my right ankle sometimes to the toe almost. But when it's not inflamed theirs no shock. And movements that will Aggravate it is thinks like squats deads and barbell rows. I can do things like db rows. But ill look into that ice machine you were talking about. Also I was prescribed prednisone I took it as directed
    4 10mg tabs for 3 days
    3 10mg tabs for 3 days
    2 10mg tabs for 3 days
    1 10mg tab for 3 days
    Back felt great when taking the 4 tabs and when lowers to 3 tabs the second say I started 2 tabs started feeling it more again. Going to pick up x rays and get the results soon Probably tomorrow will post what the exact problem is.

Picked up the reports couldn't get the x rays have to go to hospital where they were done will do that soon. Reports says its a lumbar sprain

Thread Information