Thread: mods and vets

bex
    bex is offline Banned

mods and vets

Just one question why dont mods and vets ever anser pms?
    Well mine anyway am i that ugly that i dont warrent a anser.
    Im not looking to be flamed iam just trying to get ansers.

THANKS BROS...............................

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    a lot of the vets, and probably all the mods are swamped with pm's and emails every day bro. please be patient. if you have a major beef, post it for the board to see and im sure someone will come to your aid.
    im not takin up for em, i just know how busy they are. how long have you been waiting ?

peace bb79

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    For one of them 2-3 weeks...........

ptbyjason Guest
    it also depends on the question that you are asking. PM me and I will get back to you today.

Mike Guest
    I don't think you PMed me and have waited for 2-3wks - I can get swamped but I will always answer within the week if I am going to answer. If you asked for a source you may have been ignored - it happens. But I do not believe you PMed me - if you did resend please as I must have lost it....anyway if you want to PM me I will get back to you.

Sorry about that...

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Thanks mike iam not trying to have a go at enyone.I know you must get alot of pms.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Good question, Bexsome . . .

Originally posted by bexsome
    [B]Just one question why dont mods and vets ever anser pms?
    Well mine anyway am i that ugly that i dont warrent a anser.
    Im not looking to be flamed iam just trying to get ansers.[/b/
    Well, I don't know . . . Maybe you are that ugly.

Seriously, bro, barbells79 is right - we do get a lot of questions by PM, and most of them are better placed right on the board, where you can get may perspectives instead of just one or two. (Hell, I don't even have enough time to read all of the threads in all of the forums, let alone all of the e-mail I have to weed through.)

Here are a couple of other factors I use when deciding whether to answer a PM . . .

First, can I answer the question? There are some drugs I haven't used, and other drugs with which I do not consider myself sufficiently familiar to answer questions. If someone asks a question that is not in one of my "fields of expertise," for lack of a better term, I won't touch it. There are some who will try to answer such questions, and they end up giving wrong answers. I think a much healthier approach is that of Clint Eastwood - "A man's got to know his limitations." If I don't know enough to give competent, correct advice, I won't give you bad advice - I just won't give any advice at all. (That's why you'll see me answer, say, a test thread but not a Clomid thread. Been there, done test; haven't been there, haven't done Clomid. Be careful of people who presume to pontificate about things they don't know about. A wrong answer can do more harm than no answer at all.)

Second, there is no excuse for not doing as much research as you can before you ask the question. How many of our dedicated readers have ever checked out the "Drug Profiles" section of this board? There's a wealth of information there, and the time to read it is before PM-ing the mods or vets. Y'all know how I feel about people who write posts on the level of, "I just scored some [fill in the blank]. What is it, what does it do, and how do I use it?" That is not the way to use AS.

Third, some of the PM's I've received can best be described as "form PM's" (just like form letters). The same PM has obviously been sent to several people. I won't even spend my time on those - they're best addressed to the board itself.

Fourth, I'll repeat what I said early on: When you ask a question by PM, you're going to get only one perspective. When you ask it on the board, you're going to get many perspectives. You can integrate the answers, engage in some healthy critical thinking, and make an intelligent decision about what to do (or what not to do). We're talking about stuff that you put into your body; I would want as much information and as many opinions as possible before I shoot or swallow anything.

Side note: One of the things you'll find about the A.R. forum is that it's a very supportive board - we don't have the level of flames that you find on other boards. And you'll find that we tackle some very intimate questions here ranging from gyno to sexual performance to non-AS related medical questions and even relationship questions. That kind of supportive open dialogue is important, because you can bet your ass that if one person has a specific question, there are other people who have the same question and can benefit from the answers.

Fifth, PM's often deal with sources. Some of the mods and vets are in a far better position to pass judgment on questions about specific sources (like, "Is [fill in the blank] a legit supplier?") than I am. You see, I'm one of those oddballs that actually gets my gear from (horrors!) . . . drug stores! With (more horrors!) . . . prescriptions! And they're (gasp!) . . . legal prescriptions! And sorry, folks, if you PM me, I will not tell you how I pull it off, except to say that it comes from lots of research and experience at knowing how to talk the talk and walk the walk.

Sixth (and this is related to Fifth), if you PM someone and blatantly ask, "Where can I get [fill in the blank]?" remember that we do not know you. A mod or vet will no more quickly pass out a source list than some guy at the gym that you walk up to, as a total stranger, and ask the same queston. Strange as it may seem to conceptualize, there really is an AS "community," and it's built on relationships of trust. You need to trust that someone is going to refer you to a good source, just as the other person needs to trust you not to bust him. And that takes time, it's not something that's done for strangers. If you hang out and participate here long enough, you'll learn who you can ask such questions, and they'll get to know you well enough that they might actually answer them.

There are some folks on the board who actually know each other. I see, bexsome, that you're located in England. There are lots of folks on the board in the U.K., and at some point you may have the opportunity to meet one or more of them. One of the problems with any Internet forum is that they tend to become a "Lone Ranger" experience. We get so hooked on our computers that we forget what real relationships - social or otherwise - are like.

Take some time to smell the coffee, bro, and seek out friendshipsat the gym or elsewhere. Just don't walk up to a stranger at the gym and say, "Hi, bro! Do you juice?" It won't work.

At the same time, there are some people on this board that I've never met, but have gotten to know here. And if I were to meet them, I know that it would seem like we've been friends for years. There's a reason that the term Bro is used so iften here - it would be a misconception to think that AS is the only thing that many of us have in common.

So don't take the lack of response to a PM personally, even if you are ugly. (And because you had the balls to ask the question on he board in the first place, you're beautiful to me, man. In a healthy sorta way . . .)

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Thanks TNT i do understand but sometimes you can research untill the cows come home but still get no ansers.{i do reseach all the time}

The Iron Game Guest
    Originally posted by bexsome
    For one of them 2-3 weeks...........
    If it has been this long it is probably that it got deleted by mistake before receiving a reply

Cynical is offline Associate Member
    ya man dont worry all the mods and vets are more then helpful to everyone, they arent however gods, they have a life outside of this and as they have pointed out they can get swamped, give them time they are doing thier best and thats all anyone could ask for. thanks again mods and vets for makin this board what it is

Mike Guest
    Good post TNT - I totally agree with most if not all of that (didnt have the 4hours I would have needed to read it ALL....) I agree though with the exception of the Clint Eastwood comment.

Another point guys (and no bexsome this isnt just directed at you anymore - it just opened up the doors for some necessary conversation - hope you dont mind us using your thread)

But another point is - if you need help from me specifically or need something you dont want to ask anyone else but me - then ask me - and that goes for any mod or vet I would think - but personally if it is a generic question that can be answered by many or just something that will pertain to others than remember that this is a message board and if your question is relevant to you than it is probably relevant to one or more of our other 1700 memebrs here. So post it publicly and let others gain knowledge from the responses as well as yourself. If you want me or someone else to answer it - post it and let me know its up and you want an answer from me specifically - or whoever the PM is to - and I am sure we'd try to give it attention have we not done so already.

Thanks

primodonna is offline Female Member
    I have to add something to TNT's thread that he missed...if you are asking any female mods for their pictures or any other female on this board, don't expect a response...(well, if you do get a PM back, don't expect it to be lady-like) i don't think this is what you are referring to but as it does happen, maybe others will read this and think twice... IT GETS OLD VERY QUICKLY

ptbyjason Guest
    Originally posted by primodonna
    I have to add something to TNT's thread that he missed...if you are asking any female mods for their pictures or any other female on this board, don't expect a response...(well, if you do get a PM back, don't expect it to be lady-like) i don't think this is what you are referring to but as it does happen, maybe others will read this and think twice... IT GETS OLD VERY QUICKLY
    And just a warning, it can get you banned rather quickly to. Don't test me. All that has to happen is a female member forward me a PM with you asking for it.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    There is one question that nobody could realy answer it was the aquaviron i kept posting in the hope someone would know.Anyway i did find the answer but it ment going through the web and it did take alot of time.I did go to other forums but they were the same {no answer}Anyway yes you can use this thread. and yes you all do a good job but sometimes we all get frustrated at times.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool I agree, but . . .

Originally posted by primodonna
    Well put, Primo! One of the things I've mentioned elsewhere about this board is that women are respected here as collegagues and as people. Sex is healthy, and does get discussed here, but you won't see the same women-as-objects mentality that you find on other boards.

BUT, I can't help thinking . . . Why isn't anyone asking for my picture?

(Please, no sudden slew of requests. It was a rhetorical question . . .)

Mike Guest
    TNT you have a PM

LOL

Primo -

I didnt think bout that - that does suck - let me know when and if you get people that get out of hand. That sucks guys - please respect our female mods - Primo has made many great contributions with her experience and knowledge (when she isn't post whoring around ) and I would hate to think she is being disrespected

Mike Guest
    oh yeah - and bexsome if you ask an obscure question nobody can answer think of it as an opportunity for YOU to go research it and let everyone else know what you have found - maybe nobody knew the answer to your question - YOU get to enlighten everybody then

MUSTANG_18 is offline Associate Member
    I answer all PM's on all boards I post on..If it is about a source then I will tell you that Pm's are not secure for that question but you wills till always get an answer.

M18

Thread Information