alcoholocaust is offline New Member

How do you select substances for a cycle?

Hey guys, hope to join the boards for good. Something's been on my mind for some time:

First cycle better be testosterone , I get it. But what about second? What about third? Nobody comes into taking steroids knowing what the effects are going to be. It seems that each substance has it's own sort of style if you will.
    My question is, does anyone here feel like a kid at a candy store while looking at all the possibilities or is there a very strict formula?

If there is, how do you decide in which order to "sample" the substances?

sawyer86 is offline Member
    Hello mate. If you are wanting to cycle your better off concentrating on cycle 1. There is plenty time to learn about future cycles.stick around and youl learn a lot here. There is a good article by austi ite that goes into all this. Sorry i do to know how to post a link.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I'm actually on the fence about trying anabolic steroids . My question was meant to probe the minds of guys on their Nth cycle. I want to know why they have selected their Nth cycle and why they chose what they chose for their cycle. I mean, there's over 10 different popular anabolic compounds that are available. Some are known to be more ___ than others, others are known to be more ___ than the former. That is still very subjective however; I want to know why the members here have elected compounds or mixtures of compounds based on qualities like that.

Hope that makes a little bit more sense.

Compounds are selected on goals. However diet will ultimately determine the outcome. Like you said a first cycle should be test only for a second cycle you could add oral. Some thing like deca is for a third or fourth cylce and tren should be for an experienced user. I hope your not asking this to jump straight in at the deep end like many do and regret!

I'm not looking to inject cocktails into myself before I'm a) physically ready and b) mentally ready. I have a feeling that a little bit of Test isn't gonna hurt but I'm reserving judgement until I've lurked on this board enough.

I also feel like I'm overthinking the question I'm asking though.

Obviously people don't select compounds willy-nilly. However with the millions of ways that each individual's endocrine system will respond to each particular compound, and with million possible combinations of the user's current physical build + mental image of said build (reallistic, body dismorphic, heavily influenced by peers, etc etc etc etc) I just feel like it's impossible to read a guide that says that on your first cycle you do this and on your second cycle you do that.

If that is the case - and it very well may be due to how poorly anabolics have been studied - what guiding principles lead you to try combinations of compounds which are basically nothing but vague descriptions until they are injected\swallowed.

I hope this phrasing makes more sense.

I think you really are over thinking it mate. The knowledge people have about specific compounds are from their own research and personel experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer86 View Post
    .. research and personel experiences.
    Exactly what I'm wondering about.

Did you read the descriptions of each anabolic and decided that a stack of A and E sounded perfect for the next cycle or is there something more?

(because hot dang that doesn't sound reassuring)

Mate what do you want me to say? Ive told you some people know nothing and jump in at the deep end. Some people research and learn which by the sounds of it is what you need to do. There is more info out there than you think. Like ive said there are guys on this site who have a lot of experience and knowledge. Thats what the sites for.

ickythump is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alcoholocaust View Post
    Exactly what I'm wondering about.

Did you read the descriptions of each anabolic and decided that a stack of A and E sounded perfect for the next cycle or is there something more?

(because hot dang that doesn't sound reassuring)
    Essentially, it comes down to your diet, most people will say to use aas the first time on a bulking diet...I understand your question tho so I'll answer...yes, people read and learn about eachsubstance, weigh their goals against potential sides, and select what would have a synergistic effect in a stack....very basic example: bulk; couple test only cycles, then maybe test dbol and deca , dbol is a classic bulking oral, good slow strength and keepable gains from deca plus it good on joints......cutting; say test and var, or tren ...if you'd run the test only you'll know how it feels, then you'll know when your back pumps (dbol) weiner is a bit floppy (deca) or you want to rape pillage and plunder (tren) you'll know what's causing what hopefully....and obv these are examples, and simply one potential side each, so research each drug thoroughly!!

Quote Originally Posted by ickythump View Post
    Essentially, it comes down to your diet, most people will say to use aas the first time on a bulking diet...I understand your question tho so I'll answer...yes, people read and learn about eachsubstance, weigh their goals against potential sides, and select what would have a synergistic effect in a stack....very basic example: bulk; couple test only cycles, then maybe test dbol and deca, dbol is a classic bulking oral, good slow strength and keepable gains from deca plus it good on joints......cutting; say test and var, or tren...if you'd run the test only you'll know how it feels, then you'll know when your back pumps (dbol) weiner is a bit floppy (deca) or you want to rape pillage and plunder (tren) you'll know what's causing what hopefully....and obv these are examples, and simply one potential side each, so research each drug thoroughly!!
    This is the sort of reply I was looking for, thanks.

However I was under the impression that bulking and cutting were somewhat blurred together by anabolics: while people who lift normally have to basically gain a bunch of mass and extra fat while bulking, people on anabolics can gain while remaining at a lower body fat percentage.
    When you said that the diet is the guiding beacon of a cycle so to speak, it's a bit a bit confusing. Isn't the fact that you're doing anabolics change how you approach your diet in the first place?

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by alcoholocaust View Post
    This is the sort of reply I was looking for, thanks.

However I was under the impression that bulking and cutting were somewhat blurred together by anabolics: while people who lift normally have to basically gain a bunch of mass and extra fat while bulking, people on anabolics can gain while remaining at a lower body fat percentage.
    When you said that the diet is the guiding beacon of a cycle so to speak, it's a bit a bit confusing. Isn't the fact that you're doing anabolics change how you approach your diet in the first place?
    Nope. You need to eat right whether on cycle or off. There are steroids used for bulking and ones used for cutting obviously. Diet stays relatively the same. Just more carbs are used in the bulk phase or offseason as we call it

ickythump is offline Member
    Yea, on a bulk you'd eat now you normally would, like double C said, you'd be ok to add the carbs to bulk a bit more liberally, a cut gets its aas benefits from the preservation of muscle tissue during calorie restriction, plus most help with cardio, just not tren normally

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    For me it generally comes down to a process of elimination. I know the pros and cons off the top of my head for every compound available, so I just use whatever doesn't conflict with my goals/requirements.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    I've seen people try and get all cute with their cycles, adding compound after compound, only to finish with results that would require a simple cycle.

Its easy for me. First, I stick to short ester anabolics only. I haven't touch a long ester for years and it was pharm grade test cyp. So that leaves me with a select playing field.

From there, its dependent on my goals. I'll throw masteron in if I'm wanting to achieve a dryer, more finished look. Or if I'm running a basic mass cycle, I'll use some NPP.

I'm down with NPP, yeah you know me!

Thread Information