• 1 Post By king6 II
  • 1 Post By ickythump
  • 1 Post By ickythump
  • 1 Post By michael30

Thread: Please Critique my Cutting Cycle Plan

nussnussbaby is offline Associate Member

Please Critique my Cutting Cycle Plan

Hello all,

I'm 26 yrs old, 5-7, 190lbs, 15%bf (161.5lbs LBM). I've posted a recent progress picture below. My goal is 170lbs, 6%bf (159.8lbs LBM).

So, I've got 20lbs to lose, total. I'd like for at least 18.3lbs of that to be fat, and no more than 1.7lbs of that to be muscle.

Obviously, that's a pretty ambitious cut plan. I'm thinking about taking gear - for the first time - on this cut in order to help me maintain (and perhaps even add to?) my muscle mass.

***I posted about this idea last week. I got some great responses. I got pointed in the right direction. I read all the educational posts on the site. I know what my first cycle's going to consist of. I'm taking a month and a half to think about it.***

But, I want to gather some additional opinions about the specifics and actualities of this plan..

...12 weeks, 20lbs. I'll need to lose 1.67lbs per week. Therefore, I'll need a calorie deficit of 5845 per week (3500 + 2/3rds of 3500 ~ 2,345).

...I'll do my best to maintain, or even add to, my strength in the weight-room during this cycle.

...And I guess that's more or less THE plan at this point.

...Does anyone see anything wrong with it? I'd like to end up at 170/6%bf and never need to cycle again.

...Should I anticipate needing to cut extra calories, seeing as this is going to be my first cycle?

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please Critique my Cutting Cycle Plan-new-progress-photo.jpg  
    Last edited by nussnussbaby; 01-20-2014 at 05:21 PM.

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Your abs are pretty defined bro, I don't think your at 15%, I would say around 10% or 11%, I couldn't image you losing 20 lbs of fat. Honestly you are in a good lean state, I think you would benefit better from a bulking cycle and then look to cut.
    nussnussbaby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by king6 II View Post
    Your abs are pretty defined bro, I don't think your at 15%, I would say around 10% or 11%, I couldn't image you losing 20 lbs of fat. Honestly you are in a good lean state, I think you would benefit better from a bulking cycle and then look to cut.
    That's really a pretty forgiving picture. I think I'm closer to 15 than 10. And while I really do appreciate hearing your opinion of what my goal should be ~ that just isn't my goal. I already feel like I'm much bigger than I want to be. I'd much rather be a very ripped 170 than a more ripped 190. So.. I don't think a bulking cycle is really in the cards for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nussnussbaby View Post
    That's really a pretty forgiving picture. I think I'm closer to 15 than 10. And while I really do appreciate hearing your opinion of what my goal should be ~ that just isn't my goal. I already feel like I'm much bigger than I want to be. I'd much rather be a very ripped 170 than a more ripped 190. So.. I don't think a bulking cycle is really in the cards for me.
    I didn't think that was possible.

If you are looking to cut I'm sure your goal is to maintain as much muscle mass as possible while dropping fat. Most people will tell you to run test only as a first cycle however, most first cycles are bulking cycles. For cutting I am a big fan of test and anavar . If you don't already know anavar was developed to stop muscular wasting in HIV patients. So it is a good AAS to run during a cut, will help preserve muscle and is a strong fat burner. It seems your goals are moderately realistic, I think 20 lbs is a lot to loose in a short period of time. Also don't expect to gain any muscle for a cycle such as that, expect to maintain close to your starting weight and keep your strength. I would also try to keep my caloric deficit to 500 calories per day, to help limit muscle loss.
    nussnussbaby likes this.

Also don't expect to gain any muscle for a cycle such as that, expect to maintain close to your starting weight and keep your strength.
    *Did you mean to say "expect to maintain close to your starting *MUSCLE* weight" there?

Also ~ If you're recommending that I limit my calorie deficit to 500cal/day...you're recommending that I don't attempt to lose more than 1lb per week. I thought with gear I'd be able to cut more drastically than that while not losing muscle? Sounds like you don't think that's the case?

...I'll continue to ask about adding a cutting supplement, like anavar , to the regimen. Obviously, what I'm doing isn't commonplace as a first cycle.

...Everyone's got their own preference. Being a shorter guy, I prefer a slimmer, more athletic, more natural look to a bigger, bulkier one. That's just me, though.
    Last edited by nussnussbaby; 01-20-2014 at 07:07 PM.

*Did you mean to say "expect to maintain close to your starting *MUSCLE* weight" there?

Also ~ If you're recommending that I limit my calorie deficit to 500cal/day...you're recommending that I don't attempt to lose more than 1lb per week. I thought with gear I'd be able to cut more drastically than that while not losing muscle? Sounds like you don't think that's the case?

...I'll continue to ask about adding a cutting supplement, like anavar , to the regimen. Obviously, what I'm doing isn't commonplace as a first cycle.

...Everyone's got their own preference. Being a shorter guy, I prefer a slimmer, more athletic, more natural look to a bigger, bulkier one. That's just me, though.
    The goal of a cutting cycle is to keep the muscle you have while shedding fat. It is possible to make some gains while cutting but it should not be expected, so yes expect to keep your starting muscle and weight. The success of any cycle will depend on your diet. Cutting was always tricky for me because it has to be more precise, at least it does for me. With cutting you still need to make sure you are getting the proper intake of protein, carbs and fats. If your deficit is too high you run the risk of losing muscle mass, even with gear. But again that is me, I am more prone to muscle loss on a calorie deficit, which is why I don't go higher than 500 calories.
    nussnussbaby likes this.

expect to keep your starting muscle and weight.
    Expect to keep my starting weight?? What?

What would be the point of doing anything, then?

I guess to clarify, your goal would be to keep your starting weight but shed body fat. If you start out at 190lbs at 15% bf, and you cut down to 190lbs at 6% body fat, you will have cut body fat and built muscle at the same time. I should have explained that better earlier, when I say don't expect gains, I mean building muscle above your weight or weighing more at the end of the cycle than when you started. If you are lucky you will be the same weight just more muscle and less fat, but from what I have observed on this thread most people do finish weighing less overall.
    nussnussbaby likes this.

I guess to clarify, your goal would be to keep your starting weight but shed body fat. If you start out at 190lbs at 15% bf, and you cut down to 190lbs at 6% body fat, you will have cut body fat and built muscle at the same time. I should have explained that better earlier, when I say don't expect gains, I mean building muscle above your weight or weighing more at the end of the cycle than when you started. If you are lucky you will be the same weight just more muscle and less fat, but from what I have observed on this thread most people do finish weighing less overall.
    So. You think that by eating at a 500cal daily deficit (3500cal weekly deficit) for 12 weeks I am not going to lose a single pound, if I'm on gear?
    Last edited by nussnussbaby; 01-20-2014 at 07:37 PM.

ickythump is offline Member
    A loss like what you expect is only temporary in my opinion, you could be a fitness model in that picture, you're looking for near bodybuilding body fat percentage (stage ready) and as far as I'm aware, being under ten percent is not only unhealthy but mostly unsustainable, without genetically being that predisposed to maintaining low bf (my good friend maintains like 8% with visible muscle def and striations despite no exercise besides a moderately hard working job) honestly dude, something seems amiss here...this is a muscle building site by nature, but body building requires cutting, it's like you're asking for football advice from a rugby player...similar but totally different...if you want to lose the size them simply eat less and don't lift weights, aas will preserve the muscle, you won't get there losing fat only, you're goal puts you sui negative body fat (if you're ten percent like I assume, either way it's unsustainable, like back in black previously said in same thread, you will die first...)
    nussnussbaby likes this.

So. You think that by eating at a 500cal daily deficit (3500cal weekly deficit) for 12 weeks I am not going to lose a single pound, if I'm on gear?
    You would lose weight, but if you run standard doses then you will only lose fat and maintain all muscle, if you want to lose size (you said you're too muscular) then spend a few months out of the gym and run bike swim etc
    nussnussbaby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ickythump View Post
    if you want to lose the size them simply eat less and don't lift weights, aas will preserve the muscle, you won't get there losing fat only, you're goal puts you sui negative body fat (if you're ten percent like I assume, either way it's unsustainable, like back in black previously said in same thread, you will die first...)
    Please don't take this the wrong way. I might come off as a dick here.. but I think it needs to be stated. Like you said, I look like I could be a fitness model right now. I started off at 240lbs, +30%bf - about 13 months ago ~ I'm not a natural at all. I learned a ton about training and diet through my own research...and I maintained very high levels of training intensity and diet discipline for 13 months (and I strongly believe that I will be able to maintain that intensity and discipline for the next decade). I'm not the average person on this site. I'm natural and I look better than most of the veteran gear'ers here. So, you know, (and again - I hate sounding like a dick here), please don't give me advice like I'm some average joe.

I am looking for near stage ready / bodybuilding fat percentage. I believe I'll be able to get there, and maintain it.

To my knowledge, this is a gear site, not a muscle building site. There are people that use gear to gain, and to cut. If you know about one and not the other, then you might not be the person who should be giving me advice. It seems there are people here who do know about both here, though.

...I kept the part of your quote that I wanted to respond to specifically. Believe me when I tell you, I am closer to 15% than 10%. I went to a bod-pod when I was more ripped than I am in that picture, and I was 14%. I believe your evaluation of body fat percentage is inaccurate.

...I am 190lbs, 15%bf (161.5lbs LBM). I want to get to 170lbs, 6%bf (159.8lbs LBM). I want to lose 20lbs (18.3lbs of fat, 1.7lbs of muscle). It's a simple enough goal. I want to maintain muscle weight/strength while in a caloric deficit ~ losing 1.67lbs/wk for 12wks on gear.

Is that possible? If so, how do I do it? If you're an expert, let me know what you think. If you're not, let someone who is give me advice.

Sorry if I'm being a dick there. I appreciate the conversation, and your contribution. But maybe you shouldn't be giving me advice, I don't know?
    Last edited by nussnussbaby; 01-20-2014 at 08:14 PM.

You would lose weight, but if you run standard doses then you will only lose fat and maintain all muscle, if you want to lose size (you said you're too muscular) then spend a few months out of the gym and run bike swim etc
    That's exactly what I want to do man!! lol. I like my muscle size right now. I just want to get rid of the fat around it.

EKFitness is offline Member
    clen , any steroid you take you're gonna gain lean mass. a cutting cycle adds lean mass without water retention and fat. you still gain size if you're already lean.

Quote Originally Posted by EKFitness View Post
    clen, any steroid you take you're gonna gain lean mass. a cutting cycle adds lean mass without water retention and fat. you still gain size if you're already lean.
    If I eat at a 3,500 weekly calorie deficit on gear, will I lose 1lb of fat per week?

michael30 is offline Member
    If I eat at a 3,500 weekly calorie deficit on gear, will I lose 1lb of fat per week?
    Bro ill be honest i dont think you look 15%bf either. But about your ? Yes if you have a calorie deficit while taking gear you will lose wieght.
    nussnussbaby likes this.

YOU CAN'T GET THAT LOW IN BODY FAT.IT'S NEGATIVES!! The bod pod tallies in adipose subcutaneous visceral fat EVERYTHING that's the fat surrounding your organs.....you don't want average Joe responses then quit asking the same average Joe questions, I may not be a gear expert like some people here (who, btw, from pictures I've seen you don't look better than so spend some time in the lounge) there's one thing I do know better than you and that's math, your numbers are off...and like I said previously (in a well written and knowledgeable response, might I add the only one to actually address your question) you were told you can't maintain 5-6% if you needs drugs to get there because it isn't natural then wtf dude put it together...to say maybe I should not advise you on one or the other!!?? You can piss off then I'm done helping, or not helping in your opinion

YOU CAN'T GET THAT LOW IN BODY FAT.IT'S NEGATIVES!! The bod pod tallies in adipose subcutaneous visceral fat EVERYTHING that's the fat surrounding your organs.....you don't want average Joe responses then quit asking the same average Joe questions, I may not be a gear expert like some people here (who, btw, from pictures I've seen you don't look better than so spend some time in the lounge) there's one thing I do know better than you and that's math, your numbers are off...and like I said previously (in a well written and knowledgeable response, might I add the only one to actually address your question) you were told you can't maintain 5-6% if you needs drugs to get there because it isn't natural then wtf dude put it together...to say maybe I should not advise you on one or the other!!?? You can piss off then I'm done helping, or not helping in your opinion
    Don't worry, you didn't.

You should head to the math forum

Good luck maintaining a body you want after running a cycle at 3500 deficit lol good Lord

Thread Information